2024 Elijah Rushing 5* #1 Edge (Commits to Zona then flips to Oregon)

Only problem I have with this is saying heartbreaker. It was not that he blew the game I watched it he went for it 4th down 3 times leaving 9 points on the board. He lost that game. Washington was lucky enough to play an idiot. Also stop acting like Oregon didn’t win the Pac12 2-3 years lol not like lanning took over a losing team. He’s doing great I’m just saying he’s getting too much credit I wanna see where he is in year 4. Probably not great In The big 10

I like to stay on subject, so let me address a couple of things:

1. Did UO’s FG K miss a potential game tying FG to end the game? Then yes, that’s heartbreaking. However, the way u said Washington was as if UO lost to some ******* of a team. It was a hard fought battle between the #6 Team (UO) v. The #5 team (UW) on the road. Did Lanning leave points out there? Yes; but, if u watch UO games, they are aggressive af on 4th down, especially in enemy territory. It would’ve served him well to be a bit more conservative, but that’s their philosophy. At the end of the day, they lost by 3 in the waning moments.

2. U made a statement stating that this is Mario’s team; I corrected u on that. This is not Mario’s team; the vast majority of the starters/rotational players are from Lanning. Therefore, ur statement was incorrect.

3. U mentioned his evals & player recruitment; well, see point 2. Lol. I added further context to highlight player development with the guys who are starting/rotating who were Mario recruits, giving further evidence of the player development under his watch

4. Mario took over a UO team when the PAC-12, as a whole, was down. Literally the entire conference was a sub.500 conference outside of Utah. Lanning is in the PAC-12 where USC has seen resurgence, UW is a power again, Utah is still Utah, UCLA has come on to the scene, Oregon State is a top 25 team, Colorado is no longer a gimme win, Arizona is poised to be a +.500 squad. This is the best the PAC-12 has been in a minute

5. Why shouldn’t he get credit? Lol

Advertisement
Me telling my kids that Miami had the chance to hire Lane Kiffin, who’s on the verge of taking Ole Miss to their second 10-win season in four years while playing in the SEC…but instead South Florida’s weeds engulfed us and constricted our blood flow…and the lack of oxygen in our brains robotically called for Mario

View attachment 263720
Better way to explain it.....
Freezing Mitch Mcconnell GIF by GIPHY News

I like to stay on subject, so let me address a couple of things:

1. Did UO’s FG K miss a potential game tying FG to end the game? Then yes, that’s heartbreaking. However, the way u said Washington was as if UO lost to some ******* of a team. It was a hard fought battle between the #6 Team (UO) v. The #5 team (UW) on the road. Did Lanning leave points out there? Yes; but, if u watch UO games, they are aggressive af on 4th down, especially in enemy territory. It would’ve served him well to be a bit more conservative, but that’s their philosophy. At the end of the day, they lost by 3 in the waning moments.

2. U made a statement stating that this is Mario’s team; I corrected u on that. This is not Mario’s team; the vast majority of the starters/rotational players are from Lanning. Therefore, ur statement was incorrect.

3. U mentioned his evals & player recruitment; well, see point 2. Lol. I added further context to highlight player development with the guys who are starting/rotating who were Mario recruits, giving further evidence of the player development under his watch

4. Mario took over a UO team when the PAC-12, as a whole, was down. Literally the entire conference was a sub.500 conference outside of Utah. Lanning is in the PAC-12 where USC has seen resurgence, UW is a power again, Utah is still Utah, UCLA has come on to the scene, Oregon State is a top 25 team, Colorado is no longer a gimme win, Arizona is poised to be a +.500 squad. This is the best the PAC-12 has been in a minute

5. Why shouldn’t he get credit? Lol
I do like his aggressiveness but I’m just saying that day it was poor decision making like if Mario did that he would get murdered lanning does it his “aggressive” I say aggressively dumb. I’ll concede it’s more of his team bc it’s not worth the argument but a poster did say like 13 of the starting 22 are Mario guys so like 50+%. The league may be better this year so hopefully he can win the conference. All I’m saying is I’m not ready to crown the man he took over a team that was dominating the Pac12 let’s wait and see

I do like his aggressiveness but I’m just saying that day it was poor decision making like if Mario did that he would get murdered lanning does it his “aggressive” I say aggressively dumb. I’ll concede it’s more of his team bc it’s not worth the argument but a poster did say like 13 of the starting 22 are Mario guys so like 50+%. The league may be better this year so hopefully he can win the conference. All I’m saying is I’m not ready to crown the man he took over a team that was dominating the Pac12 let’s wait and see

I can respect that; for all we know he can be an Aranda, but so far so good

Advertisement
Yea for sure I also did have money on Oregon Ml over Washington so maybe alittle anger there bc he had the W and aggressively threw it away haha

I can DEFINITELY understand that! Lol.

By all accounts I knew not taking that FG early in the RZ to end the half would come back to haunt them. In the game of football, u have very little room for error. I love the aggressive attitude, & the confidence in his players, but man; when u have a top 10 team on the ropes on the road, u gotta take points where u can.

Mario was dominating West Coast Recruiting while he was at Oregon. Im not ready to crown him yet, even though Im a big supporter of his. I was a student at FIU when he was the coach there. But bring me objective results, and he had that at Oregon.

Regardless of whether the current Oregon guys are his or not, he laid the groundwork to re-establish them as a power on the field. Won a PAC-12 title over UTAH and a Rose Bowl. Had another trip to the PAC12 title game. Was voted PAC12 coach of the year. Thats what Lanning stepped in to. Much like Kirby at Georgia. Mark Richt recruited in the Top 10 every year at UGA and had a top 3 class committed when he left and took the Miami Job. It still took him 6 years to win a NC.

Mario at Miami is very similar to when Harbaugh took the job at Michigan. Look at how long it's taken him to build them in to something and I think Mario is going to recruit much better than Harbaugh has for multiple reasons. Ultimately, what you want to see is continued progress and elevation of play which brings objective results over multiple years. Thats how you establish a dynasty which is what we want.
People bring up the “look how long it’s taken Harbaugh at Michigan” thing and I am confused because his first two years were better than the following four. He was 10-3 in his first two years, and 29-16 in the next four seasons. Michigan only started to look dominate, 7 seasons into his tenure when they began the most elaborate sign-stealing and blatant cheating scheme we know of in recent CFB history.

Mario is a game day corch, but even he would look like Don Schula if we knew all our opponents signs before the game started

I can respect that; for all we know he can be an Aranda, but so far so good
I thought Aranda’s problem is he can’t recruit. Lanning brought in a great class last year for Oregon and has them at 6th right now including commitments from several recruits we have actively recruited and lost out on.

It doesn’t look like recruiting is an issue for Lanning so far but yeah he could fall apart in the future

Luke Fickell & Brian Kelly have both made the playoffs & literally every single Coach I mentioned has a Conference Championship on their resume.

Mario hasn't made the Playoffs either, I'm not sure if you know that.

And every single Coach I mentioned has more wins & a significantly better winning % than Mario.

Aside from 2 years at Oregon, he really hasn't shown he's the Elite Coach you're placing him as.

I'm aware Mario has not made a playoff.

Luke Fickell is a good coach however he still has to prove something at the P5 level.

I stand corrected on Brian Kelly and the CFP berth. I don't see him as CLEARLY better than Mario if so would you rather have him here?

I'm aware these guys may have a higher career winning percentage however I'm not going 10 years back. I'm talking about recent trends. If we're a perennial 1 loss team in the ACC with a chance to compete in the Championship game that's literally one win away from being in the CFP. You guys act like Fickell Kelly etc has been to Multiple CFP and actually won.. NO they're in the same class as Mario.

Advertisement

Luke Fickell is a good coach however he still has to prove something at the P5 level.

I stand corrected on Brian Kelly and the CFP berth. I don't see him as CLEARLY better than Mario if so would you rather have him here?

I'm aware these guys may have a higher career winning percentage however I'm not going 10 years back. I'm talking about recent trends. If we're a perennial 1 loss team in the ACC with a chance to compete in the Championship game that's literally one win away from being in the CFP. You guys act like Fickell Kelly etc has been to Multiple CFP and actually won.. NO they're in the same class as Mario.
Kelly is way more proven than Mario.

If you want to only use recent history let’s look back to last season. Kelly took over a 6-7 LSU team and won ten games. Mario took over a 7-5 team and won 5 games and two of the worst loses in Miami’s history.

I’m not saying Mario can’t make us a perennial 10 game winner (and obviously I hope he does) but Kelly has a better record than Mario and it’s silly to pretend otherwise

eh i think youre overstating how bad we were to make incompetence last year look better. admin wise we are better now than we ever were. none of the other coaches weve ever had has gotten this level of support. you cant expect porsche performance when youre using kia parts.

also mario did dominate west coast recruiting at oregon at a time when the pac 12 and USC specifically was weak. its a far better pac 12 right now with USC and Riley recruiting out there.
Riley can’t recruit lol I’ll die on that hill. He can’t stack so he won’t win big. I’m glad the admin is taking it serious. The other post by @armandose23 is spot on and I felt that way for a long time. You can’t get a LT and JW and hope those two guys will carry. Props to them for coming here (pause). But you can’t win like that. What if they aren’t hits? Or even dominant? That’s why you have to go crazy cause some will be transfers. Bain is dominant you need more of those guys you barely have to coach.

You stack and the Moss’s and Skinners get passed up

man oh man don’t speak facts bruh. U about to get destroyed

I’m going into hiding good luck best wishes

Riley can’t recruit lol I’ll die on that hill. He can’t stack so he won’t win big. I’m glad the admin is taking it serious. The other post by @armandose23 is spot on and I felt that way for a long time. You can’t get a LT and JW and hope those two guys will carry. Props to them for coming here (pause). But you can’t win like that. What if they aren’t hits? Or even dominant? That’s why you have to go crazy cause some will be transfers. Bain is dominant you need more of those guys you barely have to coach.

We got a bunch of 3 stars this class.. how we stacking?

Advertisement
Kelly is way more proven than Mario.

If you want to only use recent history let’s look back to last season. Kelly took over a 6-7 LSU team and won ten games. Mario took over a 7-5 team and won 5 games and two of the worst loses in Miami’s history.

I’m not saying Mario can’t make us a perennial 10 game winner (and obviously I hope he does) but Kelly has a better record than Mario and it’s silly to pretend otherwise

Would you rather Kelly here than Cristobal?

I don't get it. I want to know who would they rather have coaching TheU than Mario, since there's 20 coaches clearly better than him

Advertisement
I don't get it. I want to know who would they rather have coaching TheU than Mario, since there's 20 coaches clearly better than him
I want a elite recruiter not some Riley type. I want a consistent winner. I would like a Riley but for OC. And your guess is as good as mine, I’m not in charge so idk wtf I would do

The way I see it is like this. Try to stay objective and do some math. The guys recruiting at the top (UGA, BAMA, OSU, TAMU) get, on average 4-5 5stars a year. Let’s call it 5 to have an even 20 across a 4 year period. Say half of those guys are an Off. and half on Def. So 10 and 10. If you have a 50% hit rate on those guys, that means almost half of your starting O and almost half of your starting D (5/11 players on the field) are 5 star players. Not to mention the high 4star players they get.

That’s what I call stacking. And the teams that have been winning have been recruiting that way. TAMU is the only statistical outlier there because they’ve been stacking better than anyone the last few years and suck. I would guess you could chalk that up to subpar coaching.

The way I see it is like this. Try to stay objective and do some math. The guys recruiting at the top (UGA, BAMA, OSU, TAMU) get, on average 4-5 5stars a year. Let’s call it 5 to have an even 20 across a 4 year period. Say half of those guys are an Off. and half on Def. So 10 and 10. If you have a 50% hit rate on those guys, that means almost half of your starting O and almost half of your starting D (5/11 players on the field) are 5 star players. Not to mention the high 4star players they get.

That’s what I call stacking. And the teams that have been winning have been recruiting that way. TAMU is the only statistical outlier there because they’ve been stacking better than anyone the last few years and suck. I would guess you could chalk that up to subpar coaching.
So staying objective as you’ve said…

We got 2 last year (call Bain a 3rd if you want, he’s playing like one), and 0 this year.

You’re saying Mario isn’t stacking?

This is the same way I view it. You can’t be dominant any other way. You stay stuck in the mud and hiring and firing if you do not do it this way.

Advertisement
Back