2024 Elijah Rushing 5* #1 Edge (Commits to Zona then flips to Oregon)

Advertisement
Lol
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I'm kidding! Mostly.

They just don’t want to win one year they want to produce millionaires that give back to their school. It’s smart you spend and you make money and you get notoriety. We started it now everyone has been duplicating it. I don’t know much about the Ruiz thing but rival fans saying that’s why we aren’t going crazy this cycle. Mario must be mad if that’s true.

I don’t act like I know what’s going on but I do know Mario knows the formula of how to sustain a power. He has seen how it’s done in the old times and the modern day. Wish he would of coached at UGA to see what they were doing, then be the HC here lol.

Facts it takes awhile and those were better situations. This was a pop Warner program when he took over that’s just facts. I don’t care what the recruiting class ranks were they were always 90% miss rates. A dude like Bain would of never come here and multiple others.
Completely with you. And it's about stacking talent. If high 4star and 5star guys have a 50% hit rate, when you get 15 of them every year (between high 4star and 5star) that becomes 7-8 that hit. Miami would get 1 5star every 2-3 cycles. Apply the 50% hit rate to that and you see where I'm going.

I have this argument all the time because people like to say "OSU is a WR factory". And I say, no. There's nothing in the water in Columbus, OH that morphs WRs in to NFL talent. It's recruiting. They don't recruit "diamond in the rough" type kids. There's nothing in the air in Tuscaloosa, AL that turns kids in to 1st round NFL players at every position. It is recruiting.

These HS kids have to start understanding that when they start to take their talents and stack it at any one particular school, that's the school that starts to become a "factory".

Check out the top 25 and others receiving votes… that should get you started…

Only active coaches at the P5 Level that are cleary better and more accomplished is Smart, Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Riley, Day, & Harbaugh. The last 4 can be argued because in the last 5 years Mario has been just as successful or more successful than them in terms of wins and losses. We're 6-2 (should be 7-1 Mario's fault) with at top 11 recruiting class and the culture is obviously changing and we're acting as if the program is in decline.

Facts it takes awhile and those were better situations. This was a pop Warner program when he took over that’s just facts. I don’t care what the recruiting class ranks were they were always 90% miss rates. A dude like Bain would of never come here and multiple others.
eh i think youre overstating how bad we were to make incompetence last year look better. admin wise we are better now than we ever were. none of the other coaches weve ever had has gotten this level of support. you cant expect porsche performance when youre using kia parts.

also mario did dominate west coast recruiting at oregon at a time when the pac 12 and USC specifically was weak. its a far better pac 12 right now with USC and Riley recruiting out there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Completely with you. And it's about stacking talent. If high 4star and 5star guys have a 50% hit rate, when you get 15 of them every year (between high 4star and 5star) that becomes 7-8 that hit. Miami would get 1 5star every 2-3 cycles. Apply the 50% hit rate to that and you see where I'm going.

I have this argument all the time because people like to say "OSU is a WR factory". And I say, no. There's nothing in the water in Columbus, OH that morphs WRs in to NFL talent. It's recruiting. They don't recruit "diamond in the rough" type kids. There's nothing in the air in Tuscaloosa, AL that turns kids in to 1st round NFL players at every position. It is recruiting.

These HS kids have to start understanding that when they start to take their talents and stack it at any one particular school, that's the school that starts to become a "factory".
Facts the kids are already good. They just use that bs on them that it’s osu. Nah it’s evals and hit rate. This been facts forever but people read the “pros at recruiting”

It’s so logical and obvious.

Our class is 3 star diamond in the rough laden this year..

Only active coaches at the P5 Level that are cleary better and more accomplished is Smart, Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Riley, Day, & Harbaugh. The last 4 can be argued because in the last 5 years Mario has been just as successful or more successful than them in terms of wins and losses. We're 6-2 (should be 7-1 Mario's fault) with at top 11 recruiting class and the culture is obviously changing and we're acting as if the program is in decline.
Mike Gundy, Mack Brown, James Franklin, Brian Kelly, Kyle Whittingham, Luke Fickell, Jamey Chadwell, Lane Kiffin...

There's at least 4 more I could make strong arguments for.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy, Mack Brown, James Franklin, Brian Kelly, Kyle Whittingham, Luke Fickell, Jamey Chadwell, Lane Kiffin...

Me telling my kids that Miami had the chance to hire Lane Kiffin, who’s on the verge of taking Ole Miss to their second 10-win season in four years while playing in the SEC…but instead South Florida’s weeds engulfed us and constricted our blood flow…and the lack of oxygen in our brains robotically called for Mario

IMG_1656.gif

I’ll add Mike Elko, DeBoer, Josh Huepel, Marcus Freeman…plenty of lower level coaches…

I get they don’t have the Rose Bowl and two conference titles on their resumes…but let’s see how the discussion shakes out in 5 years

Me telling my kids that Miami had the chance to hire Lane Kiffin, who’s on the verge of taking Ole Miss to their second 10-win season in four years while playing in the SEC…but instead South Florida’s weeds engulfed us and constricted our blood flow…and the lack of oxygen in our brains robotically called for Mario

View attachment 263720

Then you can tell them the next day how that same SoFlo & CPride got us the 2-for-1 QB offseason pulling Fernando Mendoza from Cal to be QB for ‘24 and then Alberto Mendoza from James Madison to lead us in ‘27 after we send Emory 1st round in ‘25 & Judd in ‘26. 🔥

Advertisement
Then you can tell them the next day how that same SoFlo & CPride got us the 2-for-1 QB offseason pulling Fernando Mendoza from Cal to be QB for ‘24 and then Alberto Mendoza from James Madison to lead us in ‘27 after we send Emory 1st round in ‘25 & Judd in ‘26. 🔥
IMG_1659.gif

Those coaches aren't CLEARLY more accomplished than Mario.. they're all 9 to 11 win coaches that have competed in the same Major bowl games Mario has competed in. No CFP appearances or championships other than Mack Brown years ago with Texas

His team is not Mario’s! Lol.

The vast majority of the starters and heavy rotational players are either transfers or his recruits.

The only starters that are completely Mario’s are 3 of the 5 OL, 1 WR, both TEs, 3 of the 8 DLmen, all 3 LBs, & 1 of the 6 DBs.

The QB, The RBs, the WRs (except Troy Franklin), 2 OLmen, 5 of the 8 DLmen, 5 of the 6 DBs are all Lanning.

Franklin has been balling under Lanning compared to Mario, so have Dorlus, Bassa, & Popo.

Ya’ll gotta watch more FB & stop assuming so much. Lanning has completely turned that roster over, & yes UO lost a heartbreaker to the #5 team in the nation on the road. Lol.
Only problem I have with this is saying heartbreaker. It was not that he blew the game I watched it he went for it 4th down 3 times leaving 9 points on the board. He lost that game. Washington was lucky enough to play an idiot. Also stop acting like Oregon didn’t win the Pac12 2-3 years lol not like lanning took over a losing team. He’s doing great I’m just saying he’s getting too much credit I wanna see where he is in year 4. Probably not great In The big 10

Advertisement
Our class is 3 star diamond in the rough laden this year..
Very much so yeah. I’m not saying those situations don’t exist where kids are late bloomers and such. Look at Anez Cooper and Tez Walker. What I’m saying is the big boys recruit less of those types and more of the elite 4/5 star guys and sprinkle in kids who have great upside and are more project types.

Greg Rousseau was a 3star turned 1st round pick. That’s where Alonzo Highsmith is really going to earn his money.

Those coaches aren't CLEARLY more accomplished than Mario.. they're all 9 to 11 win coaches that have competed in the same Major bowl games Mario has competed in. No CFP appearances or championships other than Mack Brown years ago with Texas
Luke Fickell & Brian Kelly have both made the playoffs & literally every single Coach I mentioned has a Conference Championship on their resume.

Mario hasn't made the Playoffs either, I'm not sure if you know that.

And every single Coach I mentioned has more wins & a significantly better winning % than Mario.

Aside from 2 years at Oregon, he really hasn't shown he's the Elite Coach you're placing him as.

Advertisement
Back