2024 Elijah Rushing 5* #1 Edge (Commits to Zona then flips to Oregon)

Who better coach L or izzo.. be real

juice anchorman GIF by Lizzo

Advertisement
Interesting discussion for the recruiting board.. we must have missed another whale?

CIS peacocks are to recruiting as ibis are to hurricanes:

Last to leave when we get a recruit …

First back to defend Mario when we don’t…

Just relax and enjoy the process everyone!

Overall, probably top 20 or so for me as well. For this particular school and for what was needed post Manny vs who was realistic.... right at the top if the list.

Lane Train probably gets us faster results. Mario builds a better long term foundation. If it were Kiffin I doubt we get the same NIL pool, the new football facility, the recruiting or the culture building etc. But, he would have had this offense already humming and the press conferences would be a lot more entertaining.

I can't name 10 head coaches at the P5 level that are clearly better or more accomplished than Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lanning is the better coach at Oregon. He has a recruiting machine behind him. Whether he would be better than Mario here, no comment.
I’m not ready to say that his team is Mario’s gotta see how his recruits develop for him and his evals. Lanning also already blew a game against Washington. They had that game and he blew it

I’m not ready to say that his team is Mario’s gotta see how his recruits develop for him and his evals. Lanning also already blew a game against Washington. They had that game and he blew it

His team is not Mario’s! Lol.

The vast majority of the starters and heavy rotational players are either transfers or his recruits.

The only starters that are completely Mario’s are 3 of the 5 OL, 1 WR, both TEs, 3 of the 8 DLmen, all 3 LBs, & 1 of the 6 DBs.

The QB, The RBs, the WRs (except Troy Franklin), 2 OLmen, 5 of the 8 DLmen, 5 of the 6 DBs are all Lanning.

Franklin has been balling under Lanning compared to Mario, so have Dorlus, Bassa, & Popo.

Ya’ll gotta watch more FB & stop assuming so much. Lanning has completely turned that roster over, & yes UO lost a heartbreaker to the #5 team in the nation on the road. Lol.

His team is not Mario’s! Lol.

The vast majority of the starters and heavy rotational players are either transfers or his recruits.

The only starters that are completely Mario’s are 3 of the 5 OL, 1 WR, both TEs, 3 of the 8 DLmen, all 3 LBs, & 1 of the 6 DBs.

The QB, The RBs, the WRs (except Troy Franklin), 2 OLmen, 5 of the 8 DLmen, 5 of the 6 DBs are all Lanning.

Franklin has been balling under Lanning compared to Mario, so have Dorlus, Bassa, & Popo.

Ya’ll gotta watch more FB & stop assuming so much. Lanning has completely turned that roster over, & yes UO lost a heartbreaker to the #5 team in the nation on the road. Lol.
Giving mario credit for lanning success at oregon gives people hope that mario will do that here. Its like a coping mechanism, not saying mario wont be successful here but its a way to kinda trick their mind to not think about the possibility of him failing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Giving mario credit for lanning success at oregon gives people hope that mario will do that here. Its like a coping mechanism, not saying mario wont be successful here but its a way to kinda trick their mind to over the possibility of him failing

Peeling back the onion makes people cry…

Peeling back Mario’s “success”…. Similar

Advertisement
Mario recruited just as good at Oregon. He pulled in multiple 5* guys every year. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Justin Flowe, Noah Sewell, Peni Sewell and Dontae Manning to name a few…
Mario was dominating West Coast Recruiting while he was at Oregon. Im not ready to crown him yet, even though Im a big supporter of his. I was a student at FIU when he was the coach there. But bring me objective results, and he had that at Oregon.

Regardless of whether the current Oregon guys are his or not, he laid the groundwork to re-establish them as a power on the field. Won a PAC-12 title over UTAH and a Rose Bowl. Had another trip to the PAC12 title game. Was voted PAC12 coach of the year. Thats what Lanning stepped in to. Much like Kirby at Georgia. Mark Richt recruited in the Top 10 every year at UGA and had a top 3 class committed when he left and took the Miami Job. It still took him 6 years to win a NC.

Mario at Miami is very similar to when Harbaugh took the job at Michigan. Look at how long it's taken him to build them in to something and I think Mario is going to recruit much better than Harbaugh has for multiple reasons. Ultimately, what you want to see is continued progress and elevation of play which brings objective results over multiple years. Thats how you establish a dynasty which is what we want.

Lanning is the better coach at Oregon. He has a recruiting machine behind him. Whether he would be better than Mario here, no comment.
The people at the top of Oregon desperately want to win. I don’t think they want to win as bad as the big dogs though. The big dogs would sell their own children to be dominant.

Mario was dominating West Coast Recruiting while he was at Oregon. Im not ready to crown him yet, even though Im a big supporter of his. I was a student at FIU when he was the coach there. But bring me objective results, and he had that at Oregon.

Regardless of whether the current Oregon guys are his or not, he laid the groundwork to re-establish them as a power on the field. Won a PAC-12 title over UTAH and a Rose Bowl. Had another trip to the PAC12 title game. Was voted PAC12 coach of the year. Thats what Lanning stepped in to. Much like Kirby at Georgia. Mark Richt recruited in the Top 10 every year at UGA and had a top 3 class committed when he left and took the Miami Job. It still took him 6 years to win a NC.

Mario at Miami is very similar to when Harbaugh took the job at Michigan. Look at how long it's taken him to build them in to something and I think Mario is going to recruit much better than Harbaugh has for multiple reasons. Ultimately, what you want to see is continued progress and elevation of play which brings objective results over multiple years. Thats how you establish a dynasty which is what we want.
Facts it takes awhile and those were better situations. This was a pop Warner program when he took over that’s just facts. I don’t care what the recruiting class ranks were they were always 90% miss rates. A dude like Bain would of never come here and multiple others.

Advertisement
Back