2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Advertisement
The daily crying. Lmao. Told yall these biches was gonna be back soon when they were ejaculating after Jo Jo committed 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Way too funny to watch. Man refresh 247 then come here to bich. And they go on and on pages, different threads, day after day. Saying the same thing over and over, crying over FSU, crying over UF. Even while most of the people WE are after are uncommitted. I wonder if Texas man dem are having similar or this is reserved for special Florida teams?

One of Mario's classes at Oregon was 12th or 13th I believe, this one might end up being the Miami equivalent. My concern isn't the ranking but we need to fill our priority needs: 2 more DT's, a true corner, another receiver, 1 more safety, 1 more linebacker. If we check those boxes with quality guys than it was a pretty successful recruiting cycle.

Perhaps a look at Mario’s Oregon classes will provide the answer to the question some may have about Mario being an elite recruiter…

The daily crying. Lmao. Told yall these biches was gonna be back soon when they were ejaculating after Jo Jo committed 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Way too funny to watch. Man refresh 247 then come here to bich. And they go on and on pages, different threads, day after day. Saying the same thing over and over, crying over FSU, crying over UF. Even while most of the people WE are after are uncommitted. I wonder if Texas man dem are having similar or this is reserved for special Florida teams?
I was hoping Franklin would commit at the BBQ but then Cribby dropped a comment a little while back and I was like whelp that probably won’t happen. Not that we don’t get him but the timeline wasn’t what I was hoping for

Advertisement
It isn't everything, as there's a bunch of schools handing it to us out there as well. Still, you want to be the first choice in state. If you're this supposed elite recruiter, you don't ever want to trail behind Napier or Norvell.

Truth be told, I don't buy the elite recruiter these days with NIL. NIL can trump all these days. Combine it with sending kids to the NFL and winning, that matters more than the rest.
You can't control what other teams are going to do.
If hypothetically the GAYtors and Semenholes end up ranked 1 & 2 and we end up 3....would you say that's a recruiting failure. It's all in the context. When it's all said and done with this class... we will see where we stack up.
As far as the "elite recruiter" bit. He has been involved in three classes here. The first two are in the bank and met expectations and exceeded expectations the third the result are still out. I think he is an elite recruiter you don't....that's fine.

It’s a problem for many people
They just can’t admit when they screwed and so many people look at outliers and expect it to be the norm
Yes flips occur but they are the exception to the rule and basing your hopes on the exceptions is a horrible plan
it’s the same thing as saying all our 3 stars are gonna get bumps, that’s stupid do they think our players are the only ones who are gonna move up an no one else
It’s time to just face the facts and admit we got a problem
Desperation.

I was hoping Franklin would commit at the BBQ but then Cribby dropped a comment a little while back and I was like whelp that probably won’t happen. Not that we don’t get him but the timeline wasn’t what I was hoping for
Recruiting is a snap shot. We had a horrible season last year. I rather kids take their time then commit. What does it matter when we have a situation like with Artavius Jones? He committed, they still biching. What that tell u is it doesnt matter. What matters to me is who we sign on signing day.

If they dont commit, u have man bringing up maths about how many people committed and how may flip or dont flip.

When they do committ. Endless cryinf cuz he visited or said something nice about another school.

These are the people am talking about. Would u be comfortable if he committed and Auburn still after him? No u wouldn't and neither would I.

Recruiting is a battle, its not a battle to win the summer. Some summers u get a bunch of kids who are just ready to commit. Other summers its a slog and it goes into the season. We have 18 commits. The top of the class is what we battling for now. Elite players.

Advertisement
It’s really easy to say “well if we get these 2 guys then we’re actually X rank.”

But that’s assuming no one commits to any program in front of us or behind us. Franklin isn’t committing this week or next week. We’re a month or two away from his commitment.

And we also have the 3rd worst avg rating behind only Nebraska and Stanford in the top 20.

Recruiting is a problem this year. Will we be fine? Yes. Probably still top 10 class. But to act like we’re totally fine is not accurate IMO.

It's two sides of the same coin. The vast majority of the kids we're now targeting are Top 250 4/5 stars. We locked up all of our eval targets, and are big game hunting. Most of us in past cycles would have said this was a smart approach. We are temporarily paralyzed because we thought this BBQ would deliver a few of those top targets for us and so far it looks like most are not ready to commit yet. My point was that just two names would put us into the top 10, so all this panic seems premature at least to me.

You can say we should have closed on those kids sooner, since other programs have done so already. Or you can trust the coaches they have a plan, a backup plan and a backup backup plan, and we'll end up with a great class. I take the later position based on what Mario has done pre-Miami and to-date while at Miami. I'm not going to sweat this one.

Auburn tough place to beat and J Rane wants to win.
I get it but how much does one man matter here. Are we talking about him spending 10-15 million / year? You’d think that we could drum up some coin amongst some our alumni to counter this right now and put together a big class after we brought Mario home.

Recruiting is a snap shot. We had a horrible season last year. I rather kids take their time then commit. What does it matter when we have a situation like with Artavius Jones? He committed, they still biching. What that tell u is it doesnt matter. What matters to me is who we sign on signing day.

If they dont commit, u have man bringing up maths about how many people committed and how may flip or dont flip.

When they do committ. Endless cryinf cuz he visited or said something nice about another school.

These are the people am talking about. Would u be comfortable if he committed and Auburn still after him? No u wouldn't and neither would I.

Recruiting is a battle, its not a battle to win the summer. Some summers u get a bunch of kids who are just ready to commit. Other summers its a slog and it goes into the season. We have 18 commits. The top of the class is what we battling for now. Elite players.
god-praying.gif

Advertisement
Btw, i do blame the staff and whoever was putting out the hype about June and July.

I can consume recruiting news and recalculate my timeline expectation. Man can say we supposed to have good news in 4-5 days and i know it could be 9-10 days because its recruiting, its kids. But with people without reasoning ability, day 6,7 and 8 are spent crying about insiders lying, we not getting no one blah blah.

My point is, once i saw how the summer was unfolding i recalculate my time lines to think its actually good some of these battles drag into the season because that product last season need to be wiped out of our and the kids brain. Rival coaches are using that as a weapon and i expect us to look much better.

Like i said i blame the staff for hyping up June and July for the people who can't reason. But for me what happened in June and July may manifest in late November and December. Then the crying ones will act like they didnt spend the summer endlessly crying.

Recruiting is a battle, it’s not a battle to win the summer. Some summers u get a bunch of kids who are just ready to commit. Other summers its a slog and it goes into the season. We have 18 commits. The top of the class is what we battling for now. Elite players.
Im with you completely here

im with you 100%

Truth is we won’t actually know what’s up until we are at the finish line

I’m not criticizing people for being negative necessarily, it’s fair to air certain grievances at this point

But a lot of people are just driving themselves into the ground for no reason. Their choice. But I don’t like how people are throwing such broad brush statements around left and right

Like last year when the dust settled it’s like **** ok Mario did a great job, but it’s also fair to be like hey he missed some areas too. I think it’s different for some though because literally this is the only place I get Miami news. I keep an eye on what a couple of insiders say, I know what I’m told off the board, and then I just leave it at that. Recruits play games but websites looking for traffic do too

Btw, i do blame the staff and whoever was putting out the hype about June and July.

I can consume recruiting news and recalculate my timeline expectation. Man can say we supposed to have good news in 4-5 days and i know it could be 9-10 days because its recruiting, its kids. But with people without reasoning ability, day 6,7 and 8 are spent crying about insiders lying, we not getting no one blah blah.

My point is, once i saw how the summer was unfolding i recalculate my time lines to think its actually good some of these battles drag into the season because that product last season need to be wiped out of our and the kids brain. Rival coaches are using that as a weapon and i expect us to look much better.

Like i said i blame the staff for hyping up June and July for the people who can't reason. But for me what happened in June and July may manifest in late November and December. Then the crying ones will act like they didnt spend the summer endlessly crying.
Could be why the staffs been radio silence on Twitter last couple weeks as well. Mario shut it down.

Advertisement
You can't control what other teams are going to do.
If hypothetically the GAYtors and Semenholes end up ranked 1 & 2 and we end up 3....would you say that's a recruiting failure. It's all in the context. When it's all said and done with this class... we will see where we stack up.
As far as the "elite recruiter" bit. He has been involved in three classes here. The first two are in the bank and met expectations and exceeded expectations the third the result are still out. I think he is an elite recruiter you don't....that's fine.

Yes, I'd say it's a failure. I'm not content with being the 3rd best option in the state. We'd be spending the most on a head coach and getting the worst return.

If he's an elite recruiter, in your eyes, what are they then? FSU at least had success on the field. UF, what's their advantage so far this cycle?

Could be why the staffs been radio silence on Twitter last couple weeks as well. Mario shut it down.
Radio silence could also be indicative of not landing anyone in the immediate future. If you think about it...

- Franklin closer to end of month decision
- Patterson drawing this out right now
- Ahfua taking some later visits
- Unclear what Mincey is deciding
- Breland seems to be enjoying the process
- Cole taking visits
- Stone later on in the month but not likely to land here
- EPJ who knows

Nothing really seems imminent.

Last edited:
Radio silence could also be indicative of not landing anyone in the immediate future. If you think about it...

- Franklin closer to end of month decision
- Patterson drawing this out right now
- Ahfua taking some later visits
- Unclear what Mincey is deciding
- Breland seems to be enjoying the process

Nothing really seems imminent.
Yeah but not even any random positive or morning motivational posts that they used to post even when commits were not announcing. We just had our yearly major recruiting event and not one tweet. Kinda odd, just like this recruiting season has been.

Yes, I'd say it's a failure. I'm not content with being the 3rd best option in the state. We'd be spending the most on a head coach and getting the worst return.

If he's an elite recruiter, in your eyes, what are they then? FSU at least had success on the field. UF, what's their advantage so far this cycle?
Well, on the first point, I disagree, and I think that's unreasonable and frankly ridiculous. But you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

On the second point, I don't know what they are and personally don't give a fvck. IF you are a "victim of the moment," as I respectfully believe you are, you get stuck in the moment.
When I look at the totality of his tenure here, he has been a far better recruiter that both those dudes.

Advertisement
Back