2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Well, on the first point, I disagree, and I think that's unreasonable and frankly ridiculous. But you are obviously entitled to your opinion.

On the second point, I don't know what they are and personally don't give a fvck. IF you are a "victim of the moment," as I respectfully believe you are, you get stuck in the moment.
When I look at the totality of his tenure here, he has been a far better recruiter that both those dudes.
Personally don't think it's ridiculous at all. If you can't beat out Tier B, in-state rival programs like UF and FSU in recruiting...especially considering how frequently they negatively recruit against you and finishing behind them validates their tactics...how do you expect to get to the point where we're consistently recruiting with the likes of national alphas ala UGA, Alabama, Clemson, Texas, OU, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St, USC, Oregon, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, A&M, etc.?

I think it's a perfectly reasonable expectation to not be last of those three. You're talking about classes that for the most part, should be around the 8-10 range. UF is at their peak right now, will probably end up in the 6-8 range. FSU (assuming they don't land Bolden) probably ends up best-case around the 8-12 mark. We should be finishing in the Top 12 every year imo.

Of course, it'll all come down to this '23 season. We've unfortunately put ourselves in a position where we better win 8+ games or it's going to get rocky on here.

Advertisement
Personally don't think it's ridiculous at all. If you can't beat out Tier B, in-state rival programs like UF and FSU in recruiting...especially considering how frequently they negatively recruit against you...how do you expect to get to the point where we're consistently recruiting with the likes of national alphas ala UGA, Alabama, Texas, OU, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St, USC, Oregon, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, A&M, etc.?

I think it's a perfectly reasonable expectation to not be last of those three. You're talking about classes that for the most part, should be around the 8-10 range. UF is at their peak right now, will probably end up in the 6-8 range. FSU (assuming they don't land Bolden) probably ends up best-case around the 8-12 mark. We should be finishing in the Top 12 every year imo.
We weren't "last of those three" his first two classes.
My response was on the hypothetical that if in an alternate universe the GAYtors and Semenholes finish 1 & 2 and we finish 3....would that be a failure. I say that would be insane say that's a failure when you have an elite class. Point being that it's all in the CONTEXT. If they finish in the top 10 and we finish 20 then yes it would be a failure.

My response was on the hypothetical that if in an alternate universe the GAYtors and Semenholes finish 1 & 2 and we finish 3....would that be a failure. I say that would be insane say that's a failure when you have an elite class. Point being that it's all in the CONTEXT. If they finish in the top 10 and we finish 20 then yes it would be a failure.
In the hypothetical that UF has the #3 class, FSU is #5 and Miami is (for example) #7, then no it's not really a failure to an extent. Would mean we probably won 9 games, although it would also mean that FSU went like 10-2 or 11-1 and UF went like 8-4.

But that's not going to happen. UGA, Bama and Ohio St are all pretty much locks for a Top 5 class. Clemson, A&M, Tennessee and USC are all positioned well for a Top 10 class with smaller classes (to date) filled with quality. Penn St, ND, Michigan all pretty sturdy locks for a Top 13 ish class.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    908.7 KB · Views: 1
I was much happier when I thought it was us Vs UT. Mississippi kids and Auburn makes me uneasy. Imo it’s Miami and Auburn.
I’ve always felt Freeze was gonna be a problem. He’s a good coach that knew how to get big time players now with NIL he can be elite and saban can’t get him sanctioned

Advertisement
Might be out of pocket to say but Gaby seems to know less than other insiders around the country. Idk if that is no speaking from the admin or what, but it seems like you almost see his info after it’s talked about here or even from other insiders elsewhere.
Not only does he not know as much as other insiders, he also doesn't know ball.

Radio silence could also be indicative of not landing anyone in the immediate future. If you think about it...

- Franklin closer to end of month decision
- Patterson drawing this out right now
- Ahfua taking some later visits
- Unclear what Mincey is deciding
- Breland seems to be enjoying the process
- Cole taking visits
- Stone later on in the month but not likely to land here
- EPJ who knows

Nothing really seems imminent.
You really aren't built for this

Advertisement
Sounds like it’s time to close up shop and get ready to show these last cycle of recruits that we aren’t the 5-7 team they saw from last year. Fall camp can’t get here fast enough. Time to get this show on the road.

If we are going to constantly throw around hypotheticals in this circular waste of time debate, doesn’t it make more sense to hypothesize based on recent history rather than hypotheticals that have never happened?

Since Mario got here he saved a class and then landed potentially our best class in years

So that’s not to say everything is fine…but I’m not sure why people are obsessed with scenarios that have yet to actually happen, but scoff at the actual history of what has happened

But I realize none of what I just said is gonna land with a certain group of people so here I am wasting words as it is. I just find the behavior fascinating to watch

Sounds like it’s time to close up shop and get ready to show these last cycle of recruits that we aren’t the 5-7 team they saw from last year. Fall camp can’t get here fast enough. Time to get this show on the road.
Idk about close up shop, but primary focus turns towards fall camp this upcoming week, with the most important season in the last 20+ years at stake (for the direction of this program).

Which is how it should be...even though Mario is always 'crootin. I'm merely just suggesting the summer probably won't go as well as we'd hoped (months ago). Good season and we're easily in the Top 10, and none of this discussion matters.

Advertisement
Yes, I'd say it's a failure. I'm not content with being the 3rd best option in the state. We'd be spending the most on a head coach and getting the worst return.

If he's an elite recruiter, in your eyes, what are they then? FSU at least had success on the field. UF, what's their advantage so far this cycle?
UFs advantage is $$$. They are doing what we did last cycle.

Advertisement
UFs advantage is $$$. They are doing what we did last cycle.
UF traditionally has had better ranked classes than us. we always beat them in better evals. their recruiting really went a bit down when they hired two non recruiters pre Napier but Zook, champ, urban all could bring in talent at a high rate and level. that being said, Mario is a better recruiter than anyone in florida and he wont have many classes if not any classes lower than FSU and UF

If we are going to constantly throw around hypotheticals in this circular waste of time debate, doesn’t it make more sense to hypothesize based on recent history rather than hypotheticals that have never happened?

Since Mario got here he saved a class and then landed potentially our best class in years

So that’s not to say everything is fine…but I’m not sure why people are obsessed with scenarios that have yet to actually happen, but scoff at the actual history of what has happened

But I realize none of what I just said is gonna land with a certain group of people so here I am wasting words as it is. I just find the behavior fascinating to watch
Perfectly said.

Advertisement
Back