2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

In order to recruit successfully you have to win games sooner or later. If not, the other schools we continuously bash us. I think Mario MUST WIN this year and beat Texas A&M with ZERO excuses. I expect nine wins or more this season. Going into the game at NC we should be 5-0 with plenty of momentum. Anything else does not excite me at all. Mario has the weapons to be very successful this year. This guy is getting paid $8 millions a year not to lose to mickey mouse programs and put up a 5-7 record. The time to win is NOW not next year! The big time recruits will take notice and the local kids too.
You expect 9 or more wins? Vegas has our total at 7.5 & -145 on the under. I'd temper your expectations a bit.

Advertisement
One of Mario's classes at Oregon was 12th or 13th I believe, this one might end up being the Miami equivalent. My concern isn't the ranking but we need to fill our priority needs: 2 more DT's, a true corner, another receiver, 1 more safety, 1 more linebacker. If we check those boxes with quality guys than it was a pretty successful recruiting cycle.
Thats also a big part of the equation and agree there. I think we’ve got too many projects at dire positions of need right now (which is reflected in the recruiting rankings). I was talking to a respected poster on here about Mario’s evals vs. recruiting class talent, and the more I went back and looked after he brought it up…Mario actually isn’t the greatest talent evaluator. I’d say great recruiter, good talent evaluator, above average game-day coach. Also varies by position. Zo should be helping with the second portion and leading it in the right direction.

DB, too many guys that need to be stashed. OL same thing, but could also mean they’re confident in the ‘22 and ‘23 kids. Obviously DT is the elephant in the room, where both kids are probably projects at this point. Artavius oozes potential, but still don’t think either would crack the two deep or play meaningful snaps in ‘24.

And that’s why this class is is important. A big reason we feel good about winning 8-9 games this season is because we have true freshmen that can compete or start in the two deep. Francis, Ray-Ray, Samson, Damari, Popo, Bain, Fletcher, Stafford, Horton are all starting, in the two deep, or competing hard for a spot in the two deep.. That’s a true infusion of talent. And yet we’re still concerned this year because we still have a glaring lack of depth at key positions, right?

We need another good class, but even more importantly…need more quality, instant-impact players.

This season is going to be humongous for the trajectory of this program under Mario.

Last edited:
Temper my expectations? Except for NC ,FSU, Clemson we should win every game period BUT WE CAN WIN NC. I've been a part of the Hurricanes for 40 consecutive years and 9 wins is DEFINITELY achievable to say the least. You think Vegas knows all the time? Think again my friend and look at the schedule. I see losses to Clemson and FSU. Time to start winning and stop making excuses!

It’s not about lies or the truth
The narrative here is that we shouldn’t question and shut and and just wait
But if we spit ridiculous homerism, that’s always considered acceptable
And to think people here actually believe we have a shot to flip someone like Jeremiah Smith or that if we win 9 games all of a sudden every decommit and sprints to UM lol

Advertisement
In order to recruit successfully you have to win games sooner or later. If not, the other schools we continuously bash us. I think Mario MUST WIN this year and beat Texas A&M with ZERO excuses. I expect nine wins or more this season. Going into the game at NC we should be 5-0 with plenty of momentum. Anything else does not excite me at all. Mario has the weapons to be very successful this year. This guy is getting paid $8 millions a year not to lose to mickey mouse programs and put up a 5-7 record. The time to win is NOW not next year! The big time recruits will take notice and the local kids too.
Miami will go 8-4 the schedule is very tough for any team to play. Not enough weapons on the outside

And to think people here actually believe we have a shot to flip someone like Jeremiah Smith or that if we win 9 games all of a sudden every decommit and sprints to UM lol
It’s a problem for many people
They just can’t admit when they screwed and so many people look at outliers and expect it to be the norm
Yes flips occur but they are the exception to the rule and basing your hopes on the exceptions is a horrible plan
it’s the same thing as saying all our 3 stars are gonna get bumps, that’s stupid do they think our players are the only ones who are gonna move up an no one else
It’s time to just face the facts and admit we got a problem

You expect 9 or more wins? Vegas has our total at 7.5 & -145 on the under. I'd temper your expectations a bit.
I had us at 6 wins before major additions. Still being a pessimist and staying with 6.

If the Oline is the best in the ACC, it should give TVD 1 additional second. Have to figure the entire O improves drastically. Running lanes. Time for WR to get open.

Advertisement
We're not going to only win 6 games lol. And all this talk about how far behind in recruiting we are. But I added Heyward and Franklin to the class calculator and we popped up to 8th with just those two names. We're not that far behind. We need to close on the guys we are targeting.

We're not going to only win 6 games lol. And all this talk about how far behind in recruiting we are. But I added Heyward and Franklin to the class calculator and we popped up to 8th with just those two names. We're not that far behind. We need to close on the guys we are targeting.
It’s really easy to say “well if we get these 2 guys then we’re actually X rank.”

But that’s assuming no one commits to any program in front of us or behind us. Franklin isn’t committing this week or next week. We’re a month or two away from his commitment.

And we also have the 3rd worst avg rating behind only Nebraska and Stanford in the top 20.

Recruiting is a problem this year. Will we be fine? Yes. Probably still top 10 class. But to act like we’re totally fine is not accurate IMO.

Thats also a big part of the equation and agree there. I think we’ve got too many projects at dire positions of need right now (which is reflected in the recruiting rankings). I was talking to a respected poster on here about Mario’s evals vs. recruiting class talent, and the more I went back and looked after he brought it up…Mario actually isn’t the greatest talent evaluator. I’d say great recruiter, good talent evaluator, above average game-day coach. Also varies by position. Zo should be helping with the second portion and leading it in the right direction.

DB, too many guys that need to be stashed. OL same thing, but could also mean they’re confident in the ‘22 and ‘23 kids. Obviously DT is the elephant in the room, where both kids are probably projects at this point. Artavius oozes potential, but still don’t think either would crack the two deep or play meaningful snaps in ‘24.

And that’s why this class is is important. A big reason we feel good about winning 8-9 games this season is because we have true freshmen that can compete or start in the two deep. Francis, Ray-Ray, Samson, Damari, Popo, Bain, Fletcher, Stafford, Horton are all starting, in the two deep, or competing hard for a spot in the two deep.. That’s a true infusion of talent. And yet we’re still concerned this year because we still have a glaring lack of depth at key positions, right?

We need another good class, but even more importantly…need more quality, instant-impact players.

This season is going to be humongous for the trajectory of this program under Mario.
I also forgot to mention interior OL. Need at least one of either Ahfua or EPL. I basically agree with you and this season on field will will be paramount. But I do have to challenge the assertion of Mario's evaluation capacity, his track record is quite clearly positive, and he accomplished that without Zo's input. Overall I'm just hoping we look good on the field and everything else will sort itself out.

Might be out of pocket to say but Gaby seems to know less than other insiders around the country. Idk if that is no speaking from the admin or what, but it seems like you almost see his info after it’s talked about here or even from other insiders elsewhere.

Advertisement
I took his comment to mean expectations weren't being met in recruiting for Mario's entire tenure here.
Fair enough....If you want to say that in THIS class we are not were we thought we would be at this time...that's fair.
We shall see what's really what when it's all said and done.

Yes, I was talking about this class. First class he salvaged that as best he could. Last class was nice, in particular with the abysmal failure on the field, and it could've been special if not for that.

There is never a time I think any of us thought G5 Billy or Norvell would be ranked ahead of us. They're cooking us right now.

Also, the overall class ranking, I don't use that as a measure of success. I use the recruits overall ranking and we're sitting below 90.

@WeBallinBoyz is just showing the numbers, what's left, and today the odds of making up gaps is shrinking. There's nothing final or negative about any of that, it's just what it is. Things can change, but it's an uphill slope.

Might be out of pocket to say but Gaby seems to know less than other insiders around the country. Idk if that is no speaking from the admin or what, but it seems like you almost see his info after it’s talked about here or even from other insiders elsewhere.
Are you basing this off of Franklin or other recruits as well? I have a long drawn out answer but wanted to hear an answer to this first. Also, do you have a sub to Miami’s 247 site?

@RVACane Weird i dont see a schedule of who is riding in a rental car with the HC for 5 min for the weekend. Must be a thing only top schools do

Advertisement
Yes, I was talking about this class. First class he salvaged that as best he could. Last class was nice, in particular with the abysmal failure on the field, and it could've been special if not for that.

There is never a time I think any of us thought G5 Billy or Norvell would be ranked ahead of us. They're cooking us right now.

Also, the overall class ranking, I don't use that as a measure of success. I use the recruits overall ranking and we're sitting below 90.

@WeBallinBoyz is just showing the numbers, what's left, and today the odds of making up gaps is shrinking. There's nothing final or negative about any of that, it's just what it is. Things can change, but it's an uphill slope.
Fair enough.

I would add that while I get your general point about being behind the Semenholes and GAYtors in the rankings....that's not a real measurement of the success or failure of this recruiting class.

Fair enough.

I would add that while I get your general point about being behind the Semenholes and GAYtors in the rankings....that's not a real measurement of the success or failure of this recruiting class.

It isn't everything, as there's a bunch of schools handing it to us out there as well. Still, you want to be the first choice in state. If you're this supposed elite recruiter, you don't ever want to trail behind Napier or Norvell.

Truth be told, I don't buy the elite recruiter these days with NIL. NIL can trump all these days. Combine it with sending kids to the NFL and winning, that matters more than the rest.

Advertisement
Back