2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

El Centro, Old Walled City, Clocktower street, Columbia. Never been, just heard.
It’s awesome man. That old city is amazing. It’s like Old San Juan times 50. Just block after block after block of that insane Spanish architecture from the 1500’s. You’ll probably find some working ladies at night at el reloj- the clock tower. Lol

Advertisement
@WeBallinBoyz thank for running the numbers. Yes, there's still time to do whatever in recruiting, but there were a lot of us that had questions about Mario. The biggest thing people said was that he was a recruiting savant. Well, right now, today, he's getting his *** kicked by our two in state rivals. One who has been coined G5 Billy and the other Norvell who everyone says can't recruit.

Blue chip ratio, they're beating us like a red headed step child. Dude makes a **** ton more money than them and there's not one person on the board that could honestly say expectations are being met. UF is sitting more than two full player points above us and FSU at one and a half.

Then you add in the rest of the country. He's going to have to have a Bowden-esqu close from those FSU glory years to make that gap up. Yes a lot can depend on the season, but again, today, he's not impressing.

Advertisement
@WeBallinBoyz thank for running the numbers. Yes, there's still time to do whatever in recruiting, but there were a lot of us that had questions about Mario. The biggest thing people said was that he was a recruiting savant. Well, right now, today, he's getting his *** kicked by our two in state rivals. One who has been coined G5 Billy and the other Norvell who everyone says can't recruit.

Blue chip ratio, they're beating us like a red headed step child. Dude makes a **** ton more money than them and there's not one person on the board that could honestly say expectations are being met. UF is sitting more than two full player points above us and FSU at one and a half.

Then you add in the rest of the country. He's going to have to have a Bowden-esqu close from those FSU glory years to make that gap up. Yes a lot can depend on the season, but again, today, he's not impressing.
I don’t see a single lie

"there's not one person on the board that could honestly say expectations are being met"

First class met my expectations
Second class more than met my expectations
Third class incomplete.

"there's not one person on the board that could honestly say expectations are being met"

Third class incomplete.

Third class incomplete, of course. If that's your response to the topic at hand, why do we even discuss recruiting before it's finished? So your expectation, that's what we're talking about here, it's being met, this year?

When talking about Mario, people generally agreed that he's gotta out talent the opposition. This class, again today, isn't out talenting anyone.

Advertisement
Third class incomplete, of course. If that's your response to the topic at hand, why do we even discuss recruiting before it's finished? So your expectation, that's what we're talking about here, it's being met, this year?

When talking about Mario, people generally agreed that he's gotta out talent the opposition. This class, again today, isn't out talenting anyone.
Respectfully you are a "victim of the moment".
There are way too many ups and downs and things we don't have visibility into in a recruiting season to give weekly or daily "expectations being met statements".
I think most of us are here to get recruiting information (taken with caution) and discussing it.
You made a statement about Mario's recruiting reputation as if this was his first class here and he hasn't met our expectations. I simply pointed out that his first class met the expectations, his second class far exceeded expectations and his third is incomplete. Maybe the reputation is warranted.
Expectations on the field is a different story all together.

Last edited:
Respectfully you are a "victim of the moment".
There are way too many ups and downs and things we don't have visibility into in a recruiting season to give weekly or daily "expectations being met statements".
I think must of us are here to get recruiting information (taken with caution) and discussing it.
You made a statement about Mario's recruiting reputation as if this was his first class here and he hasn't met our expectations. I simply pointed out that his first class met the expectations, his second class far exceeded expectations and his third is incomplete. Maybe the reputation is warranted.
Expectations on the field is a different story all together.
Even after the 5-7 season…whether it was how we closed the 2023 class, the portal activity, the continuous hype brigade on both here and Twitter (in waves I might add), the sheer effort put forth into summer recruiting last cycle because the the game is changing…I don’t think anyone expected us to be out of the top 15 with just one day left in the hottest month of recruiting. I certainly didn’t. Furthermore, I don’t think anyone expected us to be behind both UF (3rd nationally) and FSU (6th nationally) at this point.

It’s fair to say we’ve struggled to meet expectations with the ‘24 class. I mean just look at it right now. Now, those expectations are high for a reason right? That’s how highly thought of Mario is in recruiting. But for UF, it’s money. For FSU, it’s winning. We’re stuck in purgatory - we won’t spend as much, and we’re not winning (which can’t be proven on the field yet to be fair, but all we can sell is potential).

It’s incomplete like you said, but we’re going to have to get active late or buck some trends from how the ‘23 class unfolded if we want to sneak into the Top 7-10 range. That, or win 9+ games.

Gaby mentioned that Mario personally took Franklin to introduce him to Marquise Lightfoot. Seems like Kam enjoyed meeting the group of committed guys on campus yesterday
step brothers dale GIF

Advertisement
Even after the 5-7 season…whether it was how we closed the 2023 class, the portal activity, the continuous hype brigade on both here and Twitter (in waves I might add), the sheer effort put forth into summer recruiting last cycle because the the game is changing…I don’t think anyone expected us to be out of the top 15 with just one day left in the hottest month of recruiting. I certainly didn’t. Furthermore, I don’t think anyone expected us to be behind both UF (3rd nationally) and FSU (6th nationally) at this point.

It’s fair to say we’ve struggled to meet expectations with the ‘24 class. I mean just look at it right now. Now, those expectations are high for a reason right? That’s how highly thought of Mario is in recruiting. But for UF, it’s money. For FSU, it’s winning. We’re stuck in purgatory - we won’t spend as much, and we’re not winning (which can’t be proven on the field yet to be fair, but all we can sell is potential).

It’s incomplete like you said, but we’re going to have to get active late or buck some trends from how the ‘23 class unfolded if we want to sneak into the Top 7-10 range. That, or win 9+ games.
One of Mario's classes at Oregon was 12th or 13th I believe, this one might end up being the Miami equivalent. My concern isn't the ranking but we need to fill our priority needs: 2 more DT's, a true corner, another receiver, 1 more safety, 1 more linebacker. If we check those boxes with quality guys than it was a pretty successful recruiting cycle.

I took his comment to mean expectations weren't being met in recruiting for Mario's entire tenure here.
Fair enough....If you want to say that in THIS class we are not were we thought we would be at this time...that's fair.
We shall see what's really what when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

Third class incomplete.
Exactly and why do we have to keep reminding everyone it’s July.

Advertisement

I've got to think that, at this point, the plan must be all of the above in your last paragraph. I think most of us agree on what the standard and expectations are for Mario's recruiting. The difference seems to lie in how comfortable various posters are with our ability to close on those expectations by December/February.
I remain optimistic for a good close, but I'm not as certain as others that UF's and FSU's classes are destined to fall apart. It seems possible that UM could finish, for example, 10th and still be behind UF, FSU, and Clemson. Would we be ok with that?

Last edited:

Yes the class is incomplete, but we have deficiencies in quality of commitment. It’s hard to be in the top 10 if you aren’t at a .90 average ranking. Teams have done it the last few years (mostly Clemson), but they all had at least 4 top 100 players; we have to land our big targets to make up for the bottom of the class - especially on the DL and DB

Last edited:
In order to recruit successfully you have to win games sooner or later. If not, the other schools we continuously bash us. I think Mario MUST WIN this year and beat Texas A&M with ZERO excuses. I expect nine wins or more this season. Going into the game at NC we should be 5-0 with plenty of momentum. Anything else does not excite me at all. Mario has the weapons to be very successful this year. This guy is getting paid $8 millions a year not to lose to mickey mouse programs and put up a 5-7 record. The time to win is NOW not next year! The big time recruits will take notice and the local kids too.

Advertisement
Back