2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

UFs advantage is $$$. They are doing what we did last cycle.
So Miami doesn’t have it now? Was it in fact all Ruiz? We all know the targets this cycle and we’ve lost a whole lot more than we’ve won - blue chips. The others are paying - Ufag, Venables, Freeze, fspoo, Tex8&4, Taint, jawja and Alabaga. Seems these are the main ones we’re up against this cycle.

Advertisement
So Miami doesn’t have it now? Was it in fact all Ruiz? We all know the targets this cycle and we’ve lost a whole lot more than we’ve won - blue chips. The others are paying - Ufag, Venables, Freeze, fspoo, Tex8&4, Taint, jawja and Alabaga. Seems these are the main ones we’re up against this cycle.
Miami has it but they are matching and not outbidding other schools which they def did last year, see Brandon Innis. Auburn sounds like they are outbidding everyone right now. Its called the "suck tax" and thats what 5-7 gets ya or in Auburns case paying for Harsin's crimes.

I'd add Tennessee to your list.

We're not going to only win 6 games lol. And all this talk about how far behind in recruiting we are. But I added Heyward and Franklin to the class calculator and we popped up to 8th with just those two names. We're not that far behind. We need to close on the guys we are targeting.

Sounds like Heyward is out of the picture

I've got to think that, at this point, the plan must be all of the above in your last paragraph. I think most of us agree on what the standard and expectations are for Mario's recruiting. The difference seems to lie in how comfortable various posters are with our ability to close on those expectations by December/February.
I remain optimistic for a good close, but I'm not as certain as others that UF's and FSU's classes are destined to fall apart. It seems possible that UM could finish, for example, 10th and still be behind UF, FSU, and Clemson. Would we be ok with that?
Anyone not ok with that after an improved season is an a s s hole.

Advertisement
The daily crying. Lmao. Told yall these biches was gonna be back soon when they were ejaculating after Jo Jo committed 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Way too funny to watch. Man refresh 247 then come here to bich. And they go on and on pages, different threads, day after day. Saying the same thing over and over, crying over FSU, crying over UF. Even while most of the people WE are after are uncommitted. I wonder if Texas man dem are having similar or this is reserved for special Florida teams?
This board has more Vaginas on it than a scrapbooking convention.

You got the numbers for MegaMillion tomorrow?

Asking for a friend.
I give my ACC best bets in purgatory board. I usually win 60% of my bets

Advertisement
Not answering yes or no to your question but their was a large article about ruiz in the paper and it was far from positive.

I've got to think that, at this point, the plan must be all of the above in your last paragraph. I think most of us agree on what the standard and expectations are for Mario's recruiting. The difference seems to lie in how comfortable various posters are with our ability to close on those expectations by December/February.
I remain optimistic for a good close, but I'm not as certain as others that UF's and FSU's classes are destined to fall apart. It seems possible that UM could finish, for example, 10th and still be behind UF, FSU, and Clemson. Would we be ok with that?
Disagree on the FSU portion. Their class has literally fallen apart in December during the past two recruiting cycles. They’ve averaged the 20th ranked class the past three years, couldn’t turn that 10-win season into any flips late.

Also on UF, let’s see how much of that class sticks when they go 4-8.

Disagree on the FSU portion. Their class has literally fallen apart in December during the past two recruiting cycles. They’ve averaged the 20th ranked class the past three years, couldn’t turn that 10-win season into any flips late.

Despite the deep concern of some of the brightest minds on CIS, I'm sure the picture will be different in December for all of us. The big 3 FL schools have a lot to prove this season.

My personal prediction is that only one of the 3 will do better in 2023 than in 2022.

FSU has had 2 decommits in December combined the last 2 classes. Faulk and Hunter. 2 big kids, for sure, but their classes absolutely haven't fallen apart in December. They weren't any good to begin with entering December.

Advertisement
FSU has had 2 decommits in December combined the last 2 classes. Faulk and Hunter. 2 big kids, for sure, but their classes absolutely haven't fallen apart in December. They weren't any good to begin with entering December.
Appreciate this insight. It’s really crazy to see what they are pulling together, especially if they feel in bolden and have a great season. Have no doubt we can do the same with a big season but for a team who we thought had some issues relating to NIL and recruiting, their transfer portal and this class could mean that they are back as a force on the trail. Would love to see both us and them back on top with a new decade of classic games

Third class incomplete, of course. If that's your response to the topic at hand, why do we even discuss recruiting before it's finished? So your expectation, that's what we're talking about here, it's being met, this year?

When talking about Mario, people generally agreed that he's gotta out talent the opposition. This class, again today, isn't out talenting anyone.
Use this exact thread as an example. Some of us told y'all Franklin would have his family HERE with him this weekend. Some clown goes and says no. He's not coming here he's going to auburn this weekend. Then no he's going to bama or a&m. Then he's not going anywhere. Meanwhile you know who was here. Just as expected regardless of what people knew about or had to say? That would be Franklin and his family. Point being y'all don't know what's going on until you're supposed to. It's a given on paper right now they're miles ahead. Let's just see where we all end up before you jump overboard.

Use this exact thread as an example. Some of us told y'all Franklin would have his family HERE with him this weekend. Some clown goes and says no. He's not coming here he's going to auburn this weekend. Then no he's going to bama or a&m. Then he's not going anywhere. Meanwhile you know who was here. Just as expected regardless of what people knew about or had to say? That would be Franklin and his family. Point being y'all don't know what's going on until you're supposed to. It's a given on paper right now they're miles ahead. Let's just see where we all end up before you jump overboard.

Nobody is jumping overboard.

Still, would you agree that it doesn't look good on the surface with what we see and know?

If we can't discuss that, then what's the point of this board. The powers that be here should just lock up every thread or the entire board until signing day.

So do you think we finish ahead of UF and FSU?

Advertisement
This post has a "I tried to temper expectations way back in July" feel to it after he commits to Auburn. I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do @Cribby, but it sure feels like it.
I think we still have a shot here , Auburn just makes me nervous with Mississippi kids. I tempered things for those expecting a top five class or even think an 8-10 was a layup. Imo the class will be fine and we aren’t broke. Ruiz is no longer the only show in town.

Nobody is jumping overboard.

Still, would you agree that it doesn't look good on the surface with what we see and know?

If we can't discuss that, then what's the point of this board. The powers that be here should just lock up every thread or the entire board until signing day.

So do you think we finish ahead of UF and FSU?
Far as what you guys currently SEE yes I'll agree. Far as what you guys KNOW... Well there's the problem. I'm not sure how people here decide what they know beyond if someone is signed or not and if we've offered or not. Because everything else is going on behind the scenes. There's certainly been a ton of twists this class and plenty of them we couldn't predict,plenty of them were accounted for beforehand. Either way when it's all said and done there is zero concern. I'm not gonna be the one to remind y'all recruiting is fluid or that nil has really changed the way someone can recruit. The biggest issue with nil is until pen meets paper anyone can say this is our nil offer and not have to financially back that up. There's plenty of empty promises made with nothing but the intention of buying some time. To be clear I'm not saying that's what's happening to us. I'm simply stating it's a very real issue the entire NCAA is dealing with.

Appreciate this insight. It’s really crazy to see what they are pulling together, especially if they feel in bolden and have a great season. Have no doubt we can do the same with a big season but for a team who we thought had some issues relating to NIL and recruiting, their transfer portal and this class could mean that they are back as a force on the trail. Would love to see both us and them back on top with a new decade of classic games

Well, they're 10th in average recruit ranking. If they lose McCoy, that drops even further, probably somewhere around 12th or so.

So yeah, they're doing better than last year, but they're still not a lock for a Top 10 class, by any means. They have 20 commits, I'm sure they'll pick up a few more, but from anyone ranked highly enough to keep their class close to where it is today? I don't see it. Bolden is a huge piece of that, though. If he does pick FSU, they're almost certainly a lock to stay in the Top 10, possibly slightly higher. If they don't, I see them finishing somewhere 10th to 12th.

Alabama is obviously going to pass them, Clemson likely will, A&M likely will, Tennessee, Oregon, LSU, USC are all going to push close/into the Top 10. Miami?

Keeping McCoy will be big for them as well. He's a Top 250 player on the composite, they only have 8 of those right now.

Far as what you guys currently SEE yes I'll agree. Far as what you guys KNOW... Well there's the problem. I'm not sure how people here decide what they know beyond if someone is signed or not and if we've offered or not. Because everything else is going on behind the scenes. There's certainly been a ton of twists this class and plenty of them we couldn't predict,plenty of them were accounted for beforehand. Either way when it's all said and done there is zero concern. I'm not gonna be the one to remind y'all recruiting is fluid or that nil has really changed the way someone can recruit. The biggest issue with nil is until pen meets paper anyone can say this is our nil offer and not have to financially back that up. There's plenty of empty promises made with nothing but the intention of buying some time. To be clear I'm not saying that's what's happening to us. I'm simply stating it's a very real issue the entire NCAA is dealing with.

Oh, I'm sure on all of that and it can evolve in a second.

I also don't fault insiders or whatever for predictions that go bad. That is unless they're condescending about it and making claims that it's a done deal like someone did here not long ago, but now sticks to reactions. I realize we have some questions that need answered (predominantly what the offense and defense look like, is recruit x a fit, etc) before some recruits give a verbal or consider us as a realistic option even if we've got their ear now.

It would be nice if the NCAA could come up with something to bring some uniformity and clarity to NIL deals. I know, we hate the NCAA, but it's so **** shady and whatnot now, something has to be done. ****, maybe a clearinghouse kind of deal, NIL mist go through it to be offered, etc. There's just so much to take in and try to analyze, I'm just glad I don't gave to.

Advertisement
Back