2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Nike could just offer more NIL money to make up for the taxes. Even if it’s 1 million per year in taxes, that pocket change to Phil Knight. He’s wants to see Oregon win a championship before he dies and he’s not concerned about costs. I think this is one of those battles where Cristobal has to convince a kid to turn down more money for a better fit. I think we had that happen to us last cycle with Jeremiah Smith- if I remember correctly he turned down a lot more money from UM to go to OSU.
You're not remembering correctly. We were offering him slightly less than OSU initially. When OSU saw he was coming to us they SUBSTANTIALLY upped their offer. Like not even close to what we offered at the last minute.

You're not remembering correctly. We were offering him slightly less than OSU initially. When OSU saw he was coming to us they SUBSTANTIALLY upped their offer. Like not even close to what we offered at the last minute.
OSU broke the bank for him I know that for a fact. I was told we tried to match/beat or come close at the end (you would know better than me) but there was an insane amount of internal pressure at OSU to make sure they didn’t lose him, and it’s also part (they recruit like beasts don’t get me wrong) why they have such an insane class right now

Canes have a great chance.
Splat Squirt GIF by chescaleigh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Did UM not have the money to match or was it just a matter of UM drawing a line on how much it was willing to spend on one player?
To be accurate he was being offered by us and OSU a chunk, with OSU being a lil more. Jeremiah gave us what we were told was his commitment the night before he announced. OSU felt some kind of way & DOUBLED what they were at. Should we then be the school that jumps out of desperation or should we stick to knowing we offered him a **** good number which we were comfortable with? We chose to stick to where we were at and still almost had him come back in the fold. I will tell you that he's currently not too happy with what they are doing over there as it's nowhere near what he was told. We think that'll circle back around at a certain point in the not too distant future. Patience is necessary sometimes.

To be accurate he was being offered by us and OSU a chunk, with OSU being a lil more. Jeremiah gave us what we were told was his commitment the night before he announced. OSU felt some kind of way & DOUBLED what they were at. Should we then be the school that jumps out of desperation or should we stick to knowing we offered him a **** good number which we were comfortable with? We chose to stick to where we were at and still almost had him come back in the fold. I will tell you that he's currently not too happy with what they are doing over there as it's nowhere near what he was told. We think that'll circle back around at a certain point in the not too distant future. Patience is necessary sometimes.
Yes, and I believe that's why he "air" signed the paperwork at the ceremony hoping UM would match the offer O$U dumped on him at the end and when that didn't happen, he finalized it to them later that night.

Oregon taxes non-Residents for money earned from an Oregon company. In other words, if I live in Vancouver, WA (across river from Portland) and I’m a WA resident but work for Nike, I still pay Oregon taxes on the salary paid by Nike.
Oregon taxes non-Residents for money earned from an Oregon company. In other words, if I live in Vancouver, WA (across river from Portland) and I’m a WA resident but work for Nike, I still pay Oregon taxes on the salary paid by Nike.
If WA has an income tax, it will give its resident a credit for the Oregon tax. However, our UM players are different. You can say they work for UM and reside in Florida. UM has no presence in Oregon and does no business in Oregon. Going to Oregon to play a game (I.e. do a project) will not attract Oregon tax.

Advertisement
IMG_1680.gif

Yes, and I believe that's why he "air" signed the paperwork at the ceremony hoping UM would match the offer O$U dumped on him at the end and when that didn't happen, he finalized it to them later that night.
Now this is the type of kid you go get in the portal. No need to break any NCAA rules to do it either as everyone already knows everyone and everything related to coming back home where he should have been all along.

Advertisement
Back