2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
My guess is the majority of 16-17 year olds don’t understand this
...and depending on how the NIL is setup which I don't know and the tax laws pertaining to NIL monies, they are taxed in each state they play in so somehow a portion of the income has to be attributed to the time playing in each state and taxed at their rate

A 5 star corner will officially make Cristobal the greatest recruiter in Miami football history. 😂 The suspense is killin’ all of us.
Now you’ve gone and done it. Now you’ve awakened the beast… all of them…

KbFbt07h.gif
OfjylKpY.gif

Advertisement
...and depending on how the NIL is setup which I don't know and the tax laws pertaining to NIL monies, they are taxed in each state they play in so somehow a portion of the income has to be attributed to the time playing in each state and taxed at their rate
That is the case for salaries for playing, which while we all know this is the case, legally it’s pay for marketing services, not performance. Should be taxed wherever those promotional services are done, which would 99%+ be where the school is located.

Oregon has a 10% state tax. That is a lot to give up when Florida has 0%. Strictly NIL speaking

Nike could just offer more NIL money to make up for the taxes. Even if it’s 1 million per year in taxes, that pocket change to Phil Knight. He’s wants to see Oregon win a championship before he dies and he’s not concerned about costs. I think this is one of those battles where Cristobal has to convince a kid to turn down more money for a better fit. I think we had that happen to us last cycle with Jeremiah Smith- if I remember correctly he turned down a lot more money from UM to go to OSU.

Advertisement
I concur....Everytime I turn around, @Dyalect79 wants to pull Cafecito Boy outta his ***. Give @Dyalect79 enough CIS rope, MFer wants to be a recruiting cowboy.
Love y’all boys man 😂. Im not trying to blaspheme here but it’s been a longgg time since we had legit corners. I don’t wanna desecrate the gawds throne my Gs 😂

Advertisement
Nike could just offer more NIL money to make up for the taxes. Even if it’s 1 million per year in taxes, that pocket change to Phil Knight. He’s wants to see Oregon win a championship before he dies and he’s not concerned about costs. I think this is one of those battles where Cristobal has to convince a kid to turn down more money for a better fit. I think we had that happen to us last cycle with Jeremiah Smith- if I remember correctly he turned down a lot more money from UM to go to OSU.
If we want him we can offer as much or more than even Phil Knight. I’m sure of it.

Last edited:
Not so. They are residents of Florida and are employed in Florida. As such they are exclusively subject to Florida taxation, regardless of what state they visit to play. An example, your Florida company can send you to Ohio for 6 months on a project. You will not be taxed by Ohio. You will be taxed by Florida and it’s zero income tax.

Advertisement
Back