2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

I remember when I posted this 2-3 years ago and message board genuses screen shot it like I was some fruit pop on a message board lol.
FSU and UF have been doing this too only to have their dudes flip in December.

HOWEVER Oregon to me is a different animals. They have a atrong season with 10-11 wins and kids might buy into the hype and stay committed.

Unlike UF and FSU... NIKE money is involved

Advertisement
Cristobal 100% made the 2022 team worse with those hires. It was not a 5-7 team.

But it was no different than the 8-3 covid team that got 800 yards put on them by UNC with a defense that had 2 pro defensive ends, 1 a 1st round pick and Jon Ford who also got drafted. Which is indeed the problem. The same cycle.

Shannon won 9 games, Golden won 9 games, Manny won 8 out of 11 and Richt won 9 and 10. At no time were we a bottom of the barrel program. Just the same $h!t being cycle around in the toilet barring Richt's first 2 seasons.
We’ve been wearing orange and green glasses and hyping up our roster for far too long.
We’ve been extremely high on hopium.
This team has lacked talent, discipline, brotherhood and accountability that is necessary to win regardless of what we have on paper.

Let’s look back for a bit.

Coach serles says to the media “ tell all the high school players that the U is looking g for tackles”
Cmr asks “where are the big dudes”.
They knew they were in trouble.

Just look at the first quarter against Savanah state in 2018. That first quarter made me realize we had a **** poor oline.

Rewind to mtsu.
We ran the ball 4 times inside the 5. At one point we were on the 2!!!!!
Turnover on downs.

Now tell me (regardless of coaching) if we really had the talent that we thought we did we could literally tell them “we’re running up the B gap and this is the dude who’s running it” and they still wouldn’t stop it. Mario dared the oline to run against that team in the red zone and they couldn’t.

Look to last year where Clemson had arguably the most talented defense in the ACC and could not stop a one dimensional Miami offense. Their d line was stacked with talent and we bullied them all game. And our dline didn’t let them do sht.

That’s coaching, talent acquisition and development.

Last year’s team still had holes. But tvd poured salt on wounds and gave our offense a **** staff infection. And we still were in every game.

And Maybe I’m a half full kind of guy. But we were closer to a 10 win team last year than the actual 10 win team we had with cmr.

We can go around in circles but the facts remain:

1. We are better and more talented this year than we’ve been in a very long time. Especially at the most important positions.
Qb dline and oline.

2. Our coach won 2 PAC 12 titles after inheriting a 4-8 team that nobody wanted to go to.

3. He’s a **** assassin on the trail

4. Mario had to come in here and change just about everything and everyone. Including the identity of the team.
Make fun of “fizical bro” all you want, but this was a team that got bullied by fiu.

We’ve been wearing orange and green glasses and hyping up our roster for far too long.
We’ve been extremely high on hopium.
This team has lacked talent, discipline, brotherhood and accountability that is necessary to win regardless of what we have on paper.

Let’s look back for a bit.

Coach serles says to the media “ tell all the high school players that the U is looking g for tackles”
Cmr asks “where are the big dudes”.
They knew they were in trouble.

Just look at the first quarter against Savanah state in 2018. That first quarter made me realize we had a **** poor oline.

Rewind to mtsu.
We ran the ball 4 times inside the 5. At one point we were on the 2!!!!!
Turnover on downs.

Now tell me (regardless of coaching) if we really had the talent that we thought we did we could literally tell them “we’re running up the B gap and this is the dude who’s running it” and they still wouldn’t stop it. Mario dared the oline to run against that team in the red zone and they couldn’t.

Look to last year where Clemson had arguably the most talented defense in the ACC and could not stop a one dimensional Miami offense. Their d line was stacked with talent and we bullied them all game. And our dline didn’t let them do sht.

That’s coaching, talent acquisition and development.

Last year’s team still had holes. But tvd poured salt on wounds and gave our offense a **** staff infection. And we still were in every game.

And Maybe I’m a half full kind of guy. But we were closer to a 10 win team last year than the actual 10 win team we had with cmr.

We can go around in circles but the facts remain:

1. We are better and more talented this year than we’ve been in a very long time. Especially at the most important positions.
Qb dline and oline.

2. Our coach won 2 PAC 12 titles after inheriting a 4-8 team that nobody wanted to go to.

3. He’s a **** assassin on the trail

4. Mario had to come in here and change just about everything and everyone. Including the identity of the team.
Make fun of “fizical bro” all you want, but this was a team that got bullied by fiu.
And yet still 7n5..

The results are the ******* same..

JUST ******* WIN!!

FSU and UF have been doing this too only to have their dudes flip in December.

HOWEVER Oregon to me is a different animals. They have a atrong season with 10-11 wins and kids might buy into the hype and stay committed.

Unlike UF and FSU... NIKE money is involved
UF has Hughcock money…

Advertisement
And we’re not? Stop it.
No we're definitely not. Maybe you're not understanding what he's saying. We don't even take commits before kids have taken trips so that we know it's more likely they stay committed. When you're committing you have your nil package already worked out. But you don't get no money until you're enrolled & it's all part of your nil. I'm curious to see now that Florida high school rules are changing to where high school kids get nil will that stay the course or not. But what ufag has been doing and what he's saying Oregon is doing(don't know if that's true)is flat out handing kids bags specifically for a commitment without anything to do with nil. That's still illegal and it often leads to flips as ufag saw last season. We do the complete opposite. You won't get a penny from us till we at least have your letter of intent.

No we're definitely not. Maybe you're not understanding what he's saying. We don't even take commits before kids have taken trips so that we know it's more likely they stay committed. When you're committing you have your nil package already worked out. But you don't get no money until you're enrolled & it's all part of your nil. I'm curious to see now that Florida high school rules are changing to where high school kids get nil will that stay the course or not. But what ufag has been doing and what he's saying Oregon is doing(don't know if that's true)is flat out handing kids bags specifically for a commitment without anything to do with nil. That's still illegal and it often leads to flips as ufag saw last season. We do the complete opposite. You won't get a penny from us till we at least have your letter of intent.
This is what I was referring to 💯

Miami has to play by the rules because UM isn’t policed the same. Miami is doing everything legally and media annd other programs are still crying. Now imagine if Miami was doing the same thing as other programs ? Things would be out there for the public to see and hear.

And with a couple years under our belts and 0 reports of nobody not getting paid agreed upon amounts has to bode well for us. Shows we operate with integrity and not air unlike the jorts crew up north. This will all become child's play once we start winning games in the fall.

Advertisement
Miami has to play by the rules because UM isn’t policed the same. Miami is doing everything legally and media annd other programs are still crying. Now imagine if Miami was doing the same thing as other programs ? Things would be out there for the public to see and hear.
It really is incredible how unfair we're treated,specially when you take into account we have not been a factor in college football for over 20 years except for maybe the turn over chain.Everyone knows the crazy money UF offered Rashada and all the money OSU just spent in the portal but the only school fans and media are upset at is Miami whenever we win a recruiting battle.

Alright my guy. You win. Nobody from Miami’s commitment list is getting money. All these kids are visiting and committing because our coaches are nice guys.
We give money to nobody to commit. Otherwise, some here will not be concerned about DJ possibly committing to Oregon on 17th. We build relationships and give good NIL package to commits.

Tells you our NIL package must be nuts and Mario gift of gab is like 100 speech craft. Hope he has all recruiting perks unlocked in the new CFB game so its realistic

Advertisement

Didn't Rashada get some $ prior to that? I remember the gator collective having to pay Ruiz some $ back that Rashada had received. Or maybe that was how Ruiz was operating on his own, but not how the cane collective is running business?

Exactly. As much as these people are dying to kill the program again, can you imagine we do something as asinine as that... Programs that are doing that it's a reactionary tactic out of fear for the programs with legit funds who can also legit recruit. With how **** is set up now there's literally no reason to break the rules. This is why we are a terror at the deadline. Because when it's all said and done and signing day comes around, we can take care of them at that point... Really is a beautiful strategy being employed.

Advertisement
Jfc.
No sht Sherlock.
And thank you captain obvious.
But would you rather have last years team or cmr’s 10 win team.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Didn't Rashada get some $ prior to that? I remember the gator collective having to pay Ruiz some $ back that Rashada had received. Or maybe that was how Ruiz was operating on his own, but not how the cane collective is running business?
Rashada is from California he could sign a contract. They paid for him breaking it.

He did but Cali allowed for that whereas Florida did not. I thought it does now but I’m not certain on that.

Advertisement
Back