2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

EJ Manuel kind of hinted at this last night on ESPNU radio. They were discussing the recent commitment of the WR from Texas and he said he was skeptical that the kid would sign there in December. He said it’s very possible that the kid committed just to get stuff promised by Nike.
Yep. Flo, didn't want to get into details, but he hinted at teams giving recruits monthly payments to commit to them 🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
And we’re not? Stop it.

Not us…
IMG_6898.gif

Advertisement
How many stars?
Sorry brother I am not really going to play a guessing game. I can just tell you that he is a pretty good player and has a lot of other good offers.
I also know that certain colleges in the northern part of the state do pay players to visit, commit early and even in certain situations post specific things on their social media.
Not going to post names, but ever wonder why a trio of really good kids from the same HS in south Florida kept visiting those above referenced schools over and over last year for gamedays and "unofficial visits" even though they had zero desire to commit to those schools. Don't blame the kids BTW. I would have done it also.
The rumors about our NIL are true. Miami takes VERY good care of their players, and they don't need to slip cash under the table early cause the kids know they just have to be patient and it will pay off bigtime for them when they sign.

Sorry brother I am not really going to play a guessing game. I can just tell you that he is a pretty good player and has a lot of other good offers.
I also know that certain colleges in the northern part of the state do pay players to visit, commit early and even in certain situations post specific things on their social media.
Not going to post names, but ever wonder why a trio of really good kids from the same HS in south Florida kept visiting those above referenced schools over and over last year for gamedays and "unofficial visits" even though they had zero desire to commit to those schools. Don't blame the kids BTW. I would have done it also.
The rumors about our NIL are true. Miami takes VERY good care of their players, and they don't need to slip cash under the table early cause the kids know they just have to be patient and it will pay off bigtime for them when they sign.
Understood wasn't trying to guess. I'll just state that some of the highly touted players command more on the front end. Glad he is being taken care of whoever it is.

I personally know one of our current commits and I can tell you that Miami is not doing that.
If people think Miami is doing anything illegal until signing day with respect to payments you don’t know the fact that the staff is far ahead of you. They know the ncaa and the SEC are waiting to find that out to nail us. They probably show them paperwork showing what they will make, but considering everyone on the planet complains about what we do we aren’t bending rules. And I also know a kid who is on the roster and can tell you we aren’t doing that. And this player could have gone anywhere he wanted.

Advertisement
I'm actually the least worried about this recruitment of any of the DB's we've gone after thus far.

Said it last year & I'll say it again, Booker Pickett Jr already being here is going to play huge in our favor. Family will win out in the end.

You can't recruit at such a high level like we have & miss on a prospect like this. Mario is a closer, whatever it takes to get this kid to Miami should be & will be done.

1720288157472.gif

Facts

He could announce and put on 40 Oregon jerseys during that announcement and I still aint worried.

Advertisement
FSU had the safety who was obsessed with FSU flip. Paying players early to commit is about as stupid as a guy bankrolling a woman and thinking they are in love
I think some of them calculate that it may help them with other recruits. Thats what UF was banking on last year. I also remember that Youtuber with the weird voice was talking about the FSU commit who showed him incremental payments FSU sent h to commit even though they knew he was gonna not stick.

Advertisement
So interesting story … just got back from Walmart in Zephyrhills to get some light bulbs and just saw a very nice black Porsche Taycan with some UM plates at a stop light. My wife was trying to see inside the car but just saw two people in the car. I would assume somebody is probably visiting someone else up here. (BTW this type of car is not anywhere near normal for this area).

So interesting story … just got back from Walmart in Zephyrhills to get some light bulbs and just saw a very nice black Porsche Taycan with some UM plates at a stop light. My wife was trying to see inside the car but just saw two people in the car. I would assume somebody is probably visiting someone else up here. (BTW this type of car is not anywhere near normal for this area).
Was there an odor coming from car ? You know like the smell of $ ? If the answer is yes, it was just an air freshener.

Advertisement
Back