2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
People also tend to forget how bad the culture was when Mario came to Miami. We didn’t lose to Middle Tennessee State because we got out coached, it’s because the players put in no effort and don’t want to be there. Same thing goes for the blowouts against Duke, FSU, Clemson and Pitt. I remember watching the warmups at the FSU game and the players looked absolutely miserable
Lmao stop!!
We got outcoached! We got beat deep 3 times! They moved the ball up and down the field on us. That’s on the coaches!

Totally absurd take. Lanning and Oregon have been recruiting at an unreal level since he got there after MC left. Get DJ and beat Lanning!
Unreal level including a class that Cristobal built in 2022 and one that finished behin Cristobal in 2023, + 2024 which was really good. He has been good there, nothing more.

Unreal was the classes Jimbo Fisher was bringing in..the overzealous need to overhype the bare minimum done by other schools is laughable.

Lmao stop!!
We got outcoached! We got beat deep 3 times! They moved the ball up and down the field on us. That’s on the coaches!

The coaches let G5 kids run right past them in man coverage??

Actually, forget it. It don’t matter. **** is dead and buried. Nobody gonna say a word about Middle Tennessee St if we beat the gator, fsu, and win 10-11 games this year. Just get it done.

Advertisement
Lmao stop!!
You must have a watched a different game lol. Tvds first two passing attempts were interceptions inside the 20 yard line which got us down 10-0 right off the bat. How is that on the coaching staff? On their second touchdown, Stevenson had one of the worst blown coverages I’ve ever seen. Their 80 yard screen play to set up their 3rd touchdown had some of the worst tackling efforts I’ve ever seen. That was just pure lazy on the players half. You could tell them that the players had completely checked out. I beleive Harris came in for a play and got absolutely smoked on their 4th TD and had a terrible tackling effort. Like what part of that is gameday coaching? You can’t deny that fact that we had a terrible culture. Hence why Mario has made a lot of changes the last two season

Advertisement
You must have a watched a different game lol. Tvds first two passing attempts were interceptions inside the 20 yard line which got us down 10-0 right off the bat. How is that on the coaching staff? On their second touchdown, Stevenson had one of the worst blown coverages I’ve ever seen. Their 80 yard screen play to set up their 3rd touchdown had some of the worst tackling efforts I’ve ever seen. That was just pure lazy on the players half. You could tell them that the players had completely checked out. I beleive Harris came in for a play and got absolutely smoked on their 4th TD and had a terrible tackling effort. Like what part of that is gameday coaching? You can’t deny that fact that we had a terrible culture. Hence why Mario has made a lot of changes the last two season
Arguing over a game from 2 years ago is nasty work.

Getting your players motivated is definitely part of coaching. You can’t look at those two rosters and say **** Miami just doesn’t have nearly as many good players as Middle Tennessee. In no universe is Middle Tennessee even remotely as talented. A good staff would have easily handled that team.

Always interesting to me how "instilling culture" seems to mean dumping guys who don't vibe with what you are doing, but never means getting the guys you inherit to buy in to what you are doing. Culture builder, but never culture changer, I guess.

Getting your players motivated is definitely part of coaching. You can’t look at those two rosters and say **** Miami just doesn’t have nearly as many good players as Middle Tennessee. In no universe is Middle Tennessee even remotely as talented. A good staff would have easily handled that team.
This was kind of my point. We’ve seen a lot of loses like this under our previous coaches. Those bad losses really boil down to being unmovitated. We can all agree in 2022, we had a lot of players who were lazy and had character issues that were carried over from Mannys regime. Players have came out and have talked publicly about the complete flip in the environment and culture. People on here seem to underestimate the value of that. I’ve always said it’s one of the biggest issues with our program the last 15 years. Mario obviously has his flaws as a gameday coach, but he proved himself at Oregon. He was building something special with that program

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back