2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Lol bruh this revisionist history about what mario inherited after 2021 is hilarious man..that 2021 team lost was to bama who played in the natty, lost to Michigan state who finished #9 in the country and that was a good game until our qb got hurt. Every other loss was by 3 or less, one being our kicker missed a short kick for the win at home lol and this is after we went 8-3 the year before

We had to play qb that was making his FIRST starts mid season in college and still won 5 of our last 6 games that team was trending up even after everyone knew manny was cooked the team kept fighting

We all thought mario would come in and build it up even more and he hired a bunch of guys that he ended up firing after one year lol

Im not saying we had as good of a situation as oregon but yall act like this was just a bottom of the barrel situation he inherited lol. The team was 15-8 the last two years before mario came…now if yall wanna say mario had to strip everything down to build it up his way cool but can we please stop acting like he inherited this god awful situation..if he was the coach we all thought he was when he left Oregon we wouldn’t be 12-13 in his first two years.
I listed the positions that were left of talent. Please prove how talented these positions allegedly were before he came in.

Advertisement
It will be really great if your assessment is true. Hope is the start of a trend!
Bro it’s Miami it’s coral gables it’s **** and *** it’s home for these kids. Mario is an elite recruiter and has money. If you can’t see the talent he’s brought in the last two classes soon to be a third class I’m not sure what he can do. But i get where I think you’re coming from. Can’t allow this kid who’s family wants him home who’s cousin is on the roster and is our top recruit to leave for Oregon when they seem to be dominating from the middle of the country to the west side.

The blown up fairytales to why really is comical.

Unless I'm friend with the fam or him just be quiet. This one feels like Francis.

Not many had him committing when he did. Lots of people wrong. It happens.

But making up justifications is tiresome to read.
So called experts were saying Tennessee was even and there was some concern. This one is actually a legacy. Get it done Mario

I listed the positions that were left of talent. Please prove how talented these positions allegedly were before he came in.
Oline was good 2nd half of the year when clark got in…rivers, before we knew zion knee was cooked, Campbell starts somewhere else, scaife was an acc nominated guy if im not mistaken

Db was solid he inherited 4 guys that got drafted two top100 picks

WR wasn’t a **** show that gattis offense was a **** show last year proved that plus X and jacolby missed games 2022…idk why u said revamped that room when the top guys last year and now are before Mario guys lol

Lb was a **** show.

The point still stands that he didn’t inherit a bottom of the barrel situation..He made terrible hires year1 that was the main issue and then injuries. Nobody said it was super talented either, it just wasn’t as terrible as yall make it seem lol

Oline was good 2nd half of the year when clark got in…rivers, before we knew zion knee was cooked, Campbell starts somewhere else, scaith was an acc nominated guy if im not mistaken

WR wasn’t a **** show that gattis offense was a **** show last year proved that plus X and jacolby missed games 2022…idk why u said revamped that room when the top guys last year and now are before Mario guys lol

Lb was a **** show.

The point still stands that he didn’t inherit a bottom of the barrel situation..He made terrible hires year1 that was the main issue and then injuries. Nobody said it was super talented either, it just wasn’t as terrible as yall make it seem lol
Going into the season we were being told we were a 9 win team. There were questions about the DL but we were told those were addressed in the portal.

Advertisement
Oline was good 2nd half of the year when clark got in…rivers, before we knew zion knee was cooked, Campbell starts somewhere else, scaife was an acc nominated guy if im not mistaken

Lb was a **** show.

I guess we'll disagree then.

Going into the season we were being told we were a 9 win team. There were questions about the DL but we were told those were addressed in the portal.
Exactly we all felt good because we ended the season well and thought a better coach would elevate us more lol now it was just the worst situation ever man

Exactly we all felt good because we ended the season well and thought a better coach would elevate us more lol now it was just the worst situation ever man
Yup, we were supposed to be set on offense and the entire narrative after Manny got fired was that with the roster and schedule combo, any competent coach would come in and win 9 or more quickly.

Cristobal 100% made the 2022 team worse with those hires. It was not a 5-7 team.

But it was no different than the 8-3 covid team that got 800 yards put on them by UNC with a defense that had 2 pro defensive ends, 1 a 1st round pick and Jon Ford who also got drafted. Which is indeed the problem. The same cycle.

Shannon won 9 games, Golden won 9 games, Manny won 8 out of 11 and Richt won 9 and 10. At no time were we a bottom of the barrel program. Just the same $h!t being cycle around in the toilet barring Richt's first 2 seasons.

Advertisement
Cristobal 100% made the 2022 team worse with those hires. It was not a 5-7 team.

But it was no different than the 8-3 covid team that got 800 yards put on them by UNC with a defense that had 2 pro defensive ends, 1 a 1st round pick and Jon Ford who also got drafted. Which is indeed the problem. The same cycle.

Shannon won 9 games, Golden won 9 games, Manny won 8 out of 11 and Richt won 9 and 10. At no time were we a bottom of the barrel program. Just the same $h!t being cycle around in the toilet barring Richt's first 2 seasons.
Exactly thats why im cool with if people say mario felt he had to strip the program down to build it his way…which id disagree with that approach but i understand the logic and we for sure have a much better future than we had under any of those past coaches so im cool either way..just win now so the ball can really get rolling

Exactly thats why im cool with if people say mario felt he had to strip the program down to build it his way…which id disagree with that approach but i understand the logic and we for sure have a much better future than we had under any of those past coaches so im cool either way..just win now so the ball can really get rolling

I don't think the wheels will come off if we only win 8 or 9 games. But I do agree the "ball can really get rolling" if we win 10 or better. And we have the talent to do so now. We're not loaded with Day 1 guys. But we've got a lot of NFL caliber starters across the board now and are very balanced and deep. That's a recipe for pulling away from teams as games progress, not having to hope the ball bounces our way on the final drive.

IDK why this is such a heated discussion? Did Mario leave behind an ELITE roster? No.

But collectively would anyone argue it was not top 5-15 in terms of talent? Yes there were holes but aside from Coker taking over I am unsure of a team that did NOT have holes. **** even Saban left Bama with a QB issue and a cupboard not as stocked as normal.

Now as we did see with Coker, you can be handed a turn key ready team and it only takes 2-3 seasons to ruin it. Lanning is a good coach and he has taken what Mario laid for him and done what he was supposed to do and he is still recruiting at a high level. Both things can be true.

But if you asked Lanning would he rather take over the 2022 Oregon team or the 2022 Canes, in a vacuum with everything else being equal, its Oregon all day. I think it is also fair to say Mario has underwhelmed as an on-field coach here and in the W column. But I would also say he has gotten us in the top 20 in terms of overall talent in 3 years so he is doing what was expected of him which is stack talent. I do think this year is huge for him to marry those two concepts and translate the recruiting success to W's and I expect us to.

Advertisement
Not at all, just trying to understand the logic of the arguments.
I mean essentially the logic is that preceding couple years results has an impact on the following years results. Over time the less impact a previous coach has, and it is only about what the current coach is doing. For example, think of Coker and Butch with us. How long was Butchs success impacting us?

I kinda of think about the program like climate vs weather. The climate takes longer to change and has its overall trend based on who the leader/coach is. It is the impact of culture, nil, actual coaching ability - sustained recruiting, development and scheme, etc. It’s like the 6-yr outlook (prev 3+future 3). The weather can have a lot of variance but follows the path the climate is moving in, in this it would be like the on field results, stats, short term recruiting, etc. The weather can be all over the place sometimes with good results and bad results, but it generally follows the path of the climate. Maybe a great coach can get better end of the weather results and change the climate quicker… idk how well I explained that but I think you get my comparison

TVD completely ****ting the bed against FSU that last game of season showed he wasn’t it

TrumpyCane thought it was great he played well the other games but honestly there was zero pressure or expectations in those games

Advertisement

I completely agree…

A.) we had a terrible collection of coaches who were attempting to ram a square peg into a round hole. Zero creativity to get the best of what they had

B.) I didn’t feel like Mario attacked the portal well enough because he didn’t think the roster was “that bad” but it shows that next season the way he hammered it how quickly he learned from that mistake

People also tend to forget how bad the culture was when Mario came to Miami. We didn’t lose to Middle Tennessee State because we got out coached, it’s because the players put in no effort and don’t want to be there. Same thing goes for the blowouts against Duke, FSU, Clemson and Pitt. I remember watching the warmups at the FSU game and the players looked absolutely miserable

The only thing i agree with these people is that Mario needs to prove it on the field at Miami and he has no more excuses.

This continuous sucking off of Lanning is quite funny. They aint won $h!t after he took over a team coming off 2 double digit win seasons in the last 2 full seasons. The 0 in the middle of the field, still stands for zero titles.
Totally absurd take. Lanning and Oregon have been recruiting at an unreal level since he got there after MC left. Get DJ and beat Lanning!

Advertisement
Back