2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Because it doesn't ******* matter. Land Pickett, that is all.
The blown up fairytales to why really is comical.

Unless I'm friend with the fam or him just be quiet. This one feels like Francis.

Not many had him committing when he did. Lots of people wrong. It happens.

But making up justifications is tiresome to read.

If it is acknowledged that Diaz left Miami in a terrible place as a reason for why the current administration has struggled on the field in the first 2 seasons, does that same reasoning apply to USC?

Did Helton leave USC in the same condition that MC left Oregon for Lanning?
Fair but they aren’t making significant moves or roster changes as time goes..they’re just getting worse each year lol ijs

Mario has struggled no doubt.

But let’s not gloss over the fact that Riley got a Heisman winner and eventual #1 pick to follow him there.

Which translated to one good year and one abysmal year.
Does that mean the state of the program didn't matter before he got there?

Yes... Hope you weren't trying for a gotcha there lol

But wouldn't you have said Riley is a better coach than Mario - so expectations should be higher? And he brought his heisman QB with him which is a pretty major jumping off point. Last year they finished 17th in the recruiting ranks which I'd call an pretty major fail. His first year was great, and what I expected or even a little better given what he took over, but last season was a collapse on the field and in recruiting... . But maybe that wasn't sustainable since Helton ****ed that program so hard and thats why last season was bad - really below expectations. And that's why what Mario left leaving Oregon is so beneficial to Lanning, even though today all his players are gone. The culture was built. He made it easy to maintain a high floor. I'll put it that way. Maybe Lanning elevates the ceiling past where Mario had it, we'll see. And I still think Riley at USC has a very high ceiling...

I like Lincoln Riley and think he's a great college coach. I think things aren't going well right now for him/USC. My personal expectations were for him to come in and completely dominate recruiting at the very least. On field results I think he should get a bit of a leash. But that 17th finish in recruiting was crazy to me.
Not at all, just trying to understand the logic of the arguments.

Advertisement
To make it even worse, the class was only 18 kids, and many of them were already gone before Mario even got here.

The highest rated player in the class, Jeremiah Payton, was gone.

Jason Blissett retired.

Christian Williams was already at USF.

Adam El-Gammal was gone.

Jalar Holley was gone.

That’s 5 of the 18 players who should make up your senior class.

There were only 6 blue-chip kids in the whole class, and 3 of them Mario never even met.

Brutal.
But bro could dance.

Mario has struggled no doubt.

But let’s not gloss over the fact that Riley got a Heisman winner and eventual #1 pick to follow him there.

Which translated to one good year and one abysmal year.
Remember the discussion on here about that same QB saying he isnt that good AND TVD was a better QB? I do..

Also remember Mario inheriting same qb and telling everyone with mic that this was one of best young qb in nation and he proceeds to put him in **** offense and TVD never developed into anything under a QB Mario inherited and considered a great qb.. I know most want to just blame the qb but Mario should get some sideeyes also riiiiiiight? :kypowcc:

How can our fans say tvd was better than Williams and Mario shows up and he goes to ****, actual facts..

Advertisement
Our fans are always sucking off some other teams coach while ****ting on Mario. Sht is ridiculous. Remember the Lincoln Riley fan club. Where they at now 🤔
People act like making Oregon a 2 time PAC 12 champion after sucking was something anyone could do.
They said “PAC 12 is a weak conference” it doesn’t count.
Last time I checked Mario was the last Oregon coach to win it. Not Lanning. He’s had 3 years of stacked recruiting classes.

They downplay beating osu at home as a 14 point dog like it was a fluke.

I’m not saying Mario s gonna win a title here.
But the sht being spat on here and the negativity towards him is weird AF. And this is coming from someone who was talking sht saying “Luigi is a sell out” when he left to Bama.

The fact that of the matter is winning a conference championship is hard to do.
Even the new hot chick couldn’t win it again despite Oregon having a good roster, recruiting momentum, money and culture in place.

We gave praise to the huskies coach and point to how you don’t need a recruiting class to win. A good coach can overcome that.
So wtf did Lanning overcome?
I’m not saying Lanning isn’t a good coach. I’m not saying he isn’t doing a good job.

But if Lanning is an awesome coach then wtf is our coach?
He sucks and will never win because he didn’t take a knee?
Sometimes our own fans are the biggest haters.

Advertisement
We’ve been through this before, y’all. Don’t pay attention to who’s talking, pay attention to who isn’t. 👀
Mario always moves in silence.

Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce

People act like making Oregon a 2 time PAC 12 champion after sucking was something anyone could do.
Last time I checked Mario was the last Oregon coach to win it. Not Lanning. He’s had 3 years of stacked recruiting classes.

But the sht being spat on here and the negativity towards him is weird AF. And this is coming from someone who was talking sht saying “Luigi is a sell out” when he left to Bama.

Even the new hot chick couldn’t win it again despite Oregon having a good roster, recruiting momentum, money and culture in place.

We gave praise to the huskies coach and point to how you don’t need a recruiting class to win. A good coach can overcome that.
I’m not saying Lanning isn’t a good coach. I’m not saying he isn’t doing a good job.

The only thing i agree with these people is that Mario needs to prove it on the field at Miami and he has no more excuses.

This continuous sucking off of Lanning is quite funny. They aint won $h!t after he took over a team coming off 2 double digit win seasons in the last 2 full seasons. The 0 in the middle of the field, still stands for zero titles.

Lanning walked into a team ready to win day 1. He hasn’t exceeded expectations. If Mario was still at Oregon people would be talking about him as one of the best coaches in CFB.

Lanning is recruiting well but he didn’t have to get shît out of the trenches. He was fed by a golden spoon. The only credit he gets to this point is that he’s maintained and is recruiting well.

Advertisement

Once you place that U on your chest or your helmet, you are the bain of college football's existence.

Remember the discussion on here about that same QB saying he isnt that good AND TVD was a better QB? I do..

Also remember Mario inheriting same qb and telling everyone with mic that this was one of best young qb in nation and he proceeds to put him in **** offense and TVD never developed into anything under a QB Mario inherited and considered a great qb.. I know most want to just blame the qb but Mario should get some sideeyes also riiiiiiight? :kypowcc:

How can our fans say tvd was better than Williams and Mario shows up and he goes to ****, actual facts..

Our fans also thought Gurvan Hall would be elite and Don Chaney was the next great RB

TrumpyCane thinks maybe don’t look too much into what are fans say

Also Mario saying TVD is the best QB in the country means nothing, what else do you want him to say?

“TVD blows, dude golf’s more than he watches film”

Our fans also thought Gurvan Hall would be elite and Don Chaney was the next great RB

TrumpyCane thinks maybe don’t look too much into what are fans say

Also Mario saying TVD is the best QB in the country means nothing, what else do you want him to say?

“TVD blows, dude golf’s more than he watches film”
Oregon fans said they were gonna win the Pac 12 and Ohio fans said they would beat Michigan after they got busted for spying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Thats what fans supposed to do

Lanning has done a good job looks to be leveling up on the path Mario started. He has been great for them. That said, when it comes to recruiting he is playing the game with some advantages that Mario didnt have. They always paid but with NIL making it legal, Oregon has one of if not THE best run and most powerful collectives around.

Advertisement
Back