2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

**** Dan Lanning, **** Peyton Manning & **** Phil Knight tanning, come December Pickett will be a Miami Hurricane and this is for the millions & millions Miami fans reading this…🧡💚🌴

Sniffing The Rock GIF

Advertisement
If it is acknowledged that Diaz left Miami in a terrible place as a reason for why the current administration has struggled on the field in the first 2 seasons, does that same reasoning apply to USC?

Did Helton leave USC in the same condition that MC left Oregon for Lanning?
You can argue we’ve been more dog**** than USC… we have what one 10 win season since 2003? USC has a handful of those compared to us in that time sadly

If it is acknowledged that Diaz left Miami in a terrible place as a reason for why the current administration has struggled on the field in the first 2 seasons, does that same reasoning apply to USC?

Yes... Hope you weren't trying for a gotcha there lol

But wouldn't you have said Riley is a better coach than Mario - so expectations should be higher? And he brought his heisman QB with him which is a pretty major jumping off point. Last year they finished 17th in the recruiting ranks which I'd call an pretty major fail. His first year was great, and what I expected or even a little better given what he took over, but last season was a collapse on the field and in recruiting... . But maybe that wasn't sustainable since Helton ****ed that program so hard and thats why last season was bad - really below expectations. And that's why what Mario left leaving Oregon is so beneficial to Lanning, even though today all his players are gone. The culture was built. He made it easy to maintain a high floor. I'll put it that way. Maybe Lanning elevates the ceiling past where Mario had it, we'll see. And I still think Riley at USC has a very high ceiling...

I like Lincoln Riley and think he's a great college coach. I think things aren't going well right now for him/USC. My personal expectations were for him to come in and completely dominate recruiting at the very least. On field results I think he should get a bit of a leash. But that 17th finish in recruiting was crazy to me.

Last edited:
I’m not disagreeing with you. The brutal losses this program has had in the last 20 years is awful. Mario ruined the season losing to GT last year. This schedule is way too easy for this to be screwed up. Lose close to Louisville or FSU. No NOT lose to ball state. I’m nervous before every game we are supposed to win. Because we have blown games. Can’t have that this year with Cam Ward Martinez the line we have and the overall roster.
What a fuccin ******

Advertisement
Lanning knows the game they got a slam dunk hire. If they didn’t hire him he would be our DCord right now. And he went to a stable program that Mario had already doing well. Shows the love MC has for this program and shows that he’s a good CEO.
Lanning didn't have to rebuild the LoS or any position.

Mario had. Multiple. O-Line, LB, WR, DB a complete ****show (and in parts still isn't where it needs to be)

Mario has struggled no doubt.

But let’s not gloss over the fact that Riley got a Heisman winner and eventual #1 pick to follow him there.

Which translated to one good year and one abysmal year.

Advertisement
This was Mario’s senior class he inherited (full disclaimer he still shouldn’t have been as bad as he was in 2022):

View attachment 294053
That’s a rebuild if I ever saw one. I would be mad as **** if this was the EA Sports game and that was where I was. I would definitely be looking for another job dead ***. All those teams are complete rebuilds lol

That’s a rebuild if I ever saw one. I would be mad as **** if this was the EA Sports game and that was where I was. I would definitely be looking for another job dead ***. All those teams are complete rebuilds lol

To make it even worse, the class was only 18 kids, and many of them were already gone before Mario even got here.

The highest rated player in the class, Jeremiah Payton, was gone.

Jason Blissett retired.

Christian Williams was already at USF.

Adam El-Gammal was gone.

Jalar Holley was gone.

That’s 5 of the 18 players who should make up your senior class.

There were only 6 blue-chip kids in the whole class, and 3 of them Mario never even met.

Brutal.

To make it even worse, the class was only 18 kids, and many of them were already gone before Mario even got here.

The highest rated player in the class, Jeremiah Payton, was gone.

Jason Blissett retired.

Christian Williams was already at USF.

Adam El-Gammal was gone.

Jalar Holley was gone.

That’s 5 of the 18 players who should make up your senior class.

There were only 6 blue-chip kids in the whole class, and 3 of them Mario never even met.

Brutal.
The Adam El Gammal gap remains sizable at UM 🤣

Advertisement
Lanning didn't have to rebuild the LoS or any position.

Mario had. Multiple. O-Line, LB, WR, DB a complete ****show (and in parts still isn't where it needs to be)
Lol bruh this revisionist history about what mario inherited after 2021 is hilarious man..that 2021 team lost was to bama who played in the natty, lost to Michigan state who finished #9 in the country and that was a good game until our qb got hurt. Every other loss was by 3 or less, one being our kicker missed a short kick for the win at home lol and this is after we went 8-3 the year before

We had to play qb that was making his FIRST starts mid season in college and still won 5 of our last 6 games that team was trending up even after everyone knew manny was cooked the team kept fighting

We all thought mario would come in and build it up even more and he hired a bunch of guys that he ended up firing after one year lol

Im not saying we had as good of a situation as oregon but yall act like this was just a bottom of the barrel situation he inherited lol. The team was 15-8 the last two years before mario came…now if yall wanna say mario had to strip everything down to build it up his way cool but can we please stop acting like he inherited this god awful situation..if he was the coach we all thought he was when he left Oregon we wouldn’t be 12-13 in his first two years.

He will be judged once all the Mario players left. People were giving Mark Richt credit for Kirby SEC champ and title appearance in 2017. Them soured on him when the gators won the east in 2020. He is not riding Mario coattails but he will be judged by rebuilding the team in his own image, totally.
This is nonsense. Lanning and Oregon have cleaned house on recruiting the last 3 classes. Dismissing that fact don’t make sense. Just land DJ!

Advertisement
This is nonsense. Lanning and Oregon have cleaned house on recruiting the last 3 classes. Dismissing that fact don’t make sense. Just land DJ!
None of that means nothing until we see what they do in college. Plus i dont know what u looking at but Cristobal gave them the 2022 class since he left, while inheriting Manny's terrible salvage class, had a better class in 2023, and finished right behind them in 2024. Those are the last 3 classes u talm bout.

But like i said, classes are judged after they play in college. For example, that 2021 covid class Manny got celebrated for who supposed to be Seniors this coming season, signed 23 players, 2 got drafted as Juniors Kam and James, and there are only 3 left on the roster, Jacolby, Arroyo and Chase Smith.

Thats exactly how you struggle or get beat by Pitt who signed the #28 class, UVA #33 class, NC St # 36 class and BC # 37 class. When they keep and develop their players.

Oregon is enticing kids to commit early with big $

They’ll keep most of them. But there will also be flips when they ultimately choose the school they’d rather go to but want to cash in right now.
This is obviously what's happening. We'll see if their strategy pays off.

You’ve seen Mario’s record? And salary? Come on bro. The criticism is well deserved. Not to mention he’s easily the worst game day coach we’ve had — and Butch was terrible too.
Last I checked, Mario won two PAC, 12 titles and a Rose Bowl and played in the Pac 12 title game three straight years and beat OSU in Ohio. Has Lanning done that yet?

Advertisement
Back