2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
And the only reason they finished ahead of us last year is because they got some 5 star wr who’s going on a Mormon mission. I have no idea how you count a kid towards a teams ranking who won’t get to campus until the class he’s ranked in is playing their junior years. Put him in the class when he’s actually going to be on a college campus.

And the only reason they finished ahead of us last year is because they got some 5 star wr who’s going on a Mormon mission. I have no idea how you count a kid towards a teams ranking who won’t get to campus until the class he’s ranked in is playing their junior years. Put him in the class when he’s actually going to be on a college campus.
On 247 composite we actually had 3 five stars to Oregon's...0

Advertisement
Entire Oregon discussion is stupid. You guys are doing great.
Why because people lay at Lannings feet for doing not much different than the coach of the team we are on this board for? In the last 3 years you know what team has signed more 5 stars since you love the stars so much? Miami not Oregon and I can't believe I'm saying this because I can't stand OSU more than almost any other team other than UF but I hope OSU beats the breaks off of Oregon because they are a non legacy wannabe school that hasn't won crap.

Why because people lay at Lannings feet for doing not much different than the coach of the team we are on this board for? In the last 3 years you know what team has signed more 5 stars since you love the stars so much? Miami not Oregon and I can't believe I'm saying this because I can't stand OSU more than almost any other team other than UF but I hope OSU beats the breaks off of Oregon because they are a non legacy wannabe school that hasn't won crap.
Because it doesn't ******* matter. Land Pickett, that is all.

Our fans are always sucking off some other teams coach while ****ting on Mario. Sht is ridiculous. Remember the Lincoln Riley fan club. Where they at now 🤔
I claimed Riley was decent but not good years ago and all the "respected" posters got on me about it, now look.

Advertisement
Our fans are always sucking off some other teams coach while ****ting on Mario. Sht is ridiculous. Remember the Lincoln Riley fan club. Where they at now 🤔
You’ve seen Mario’s record? And salary? Come on bro. The criticism is well deserved. Not to mention he’s easily the worst game day coach we’ve had — and Butch was terrible too.

You’ve seen Mario’s record? And salary? Come on bro. The criticism is well deserved. Not to mention he’s easily the worst game day coach we’ve had — and Butch was terrible too.
Those are two different discussions IMO.

Mario the recruiter...nothing to criticize. Some people here seem to really want to criticize him in this area. I don't know why.

Mario the HC...fair game to criticize. He has earned it.

Advertisement
I understand that what happened yesterday will affect today. Not just in football but in real life. Mario walked into a sht show. Manny left this program in shambles with his recruiting. Teams that win big win with grown men not kids that just got recruited. The classes that should be the backbone of our team just aren’t there. Look at the 20,21 and 22 classes. It’s horrifying

I don't disagree with you regarding Lannings recruiting since he got there; but Mario left him with a really good defense and a **** good offensive line. Their RB left for Tally. Can't fault Mario for that.
Never played at Oregon before leaving for Tallahassee. Fair point. I don’t even think Mario knew what he had in Benson.

Point still stands in the most important position on the field… left him with no QB whatsoever. Without Nix, Lanning isn’t what he’s been. Landing and (developing?) Nix allowed him to propel to new heights.

I’m not saying Mario isn’t a good recruiter or anything or he didn’t do good at Oregon. I’m just giving Lanning the props he deserves. It was Pre NIL and it was totally different than now. But Lanning has his own thing at Oregon. He’s far from riding Mario’s coattails. Mario’s influence on that program is long gone and essentially nothing left in year 3 of the new staff.

Never played at Oregon before leaving for Tallahassee. Fair point. I don’t even think Mario knew what he had in Benson.

Point still stands in the most important position on the field… left him with no QB whatsoever. Without Nix, Lanning isn’t what he’s been. Landing and (developing?) Nix allowed him to propel to new heights.

I’m not saying Mario isn’t a good recruiter or anything or he didn’t do good at Oregon. I’m just giving Lanning the props he deserves. It was Pre NIL and it was totally different than now. But Lanning has his own thing at Oregon. He’s far from riding Mario’s coattails. Mario’s influence on that program is long gone and essentially nothing left in year 3 of the new staff.
He will be judged once all the Mario players left. People were giving Mark Richt credit for Kirby SEC champ and title appearance in 2017. Them soured on him when the gators won the east in 2020. He is not riding Mario coattails but he will be judged by rebuilding the team in his own image, totally.

Advertisement
is this an Oregon board or a miami board? im glad they stomped out Colorado and I could care less how they do to be honest.
If people want to be Oregon fans, go to their board. everything on this board is about how great another coach or program is or who we missed on instead of who we got. We have great momentum here. wait until July 17, they complain if he goes there.

I agree nothing much left now as far as roster is concerned - this is fully Lanning team. However the impact Mario left WAS present in year 1 and 2, which elevated Lanning floor for recruiting and already had a successful program to recruit for, which is contributing to his sustained success year 3. It all builds off eachother. What if Mario left Oregon like Diaz left Miami and Lanning only wins 7 games year 1 instead of inheriting a team that finished 14 with 10 wins, so year 1 he matches that and finishes 15th. I think Lanning is doing a great job at Oregon. I think they are seizing the fact that Lincoln Riley has surprisingly kinda sucked for USC, and are absolutely taking advantage NIL wise of the fact they have one of the most (probably THE most) wealthy+Generous boosters of any program

Mario was there coming off a recent downturn for Oregon. The previous 3 seasons before Mario became HC they went 20-19 (51%) which was a major decling given the 3 years before that they went 36-5 (87%). And obviously the 3 years under Mario before Lanning became HC (removing Covid), they were 31-10 (76%)... And obviously for us our previous 3 season before he became HC we went 21-15 (58%).

I agree nothing much left now as far as roster is concerned - this is fully Lanning team. However the impact Mario left WAS present in year 1 and 2, which elevated Lanning floor for recruiting and already had a successful program to recruit for, which is contributing to his sustained success year 3. It all builds off eachother. What if Mario left Oregon like Diaz left Miami and Lanning only wins 7 games year 1 instead of inheriting a team that finished 14 with 10 wins, so year 1 he matches that and finishes 15th. I think Lanning is doing a great job at Oregon. I think they are seizing the fact that Lincoln Riley has surprisingly kinda sucked for USC, and are absolutely taking advantage NIL wise of the fact they have one of the most (probably THE most) wealthy+Generous boosters of any program

Mario was there coming off a recent downturn for Oregon. The previous 3 seasons before Mario became HC they went 20-19 (51%) which was a major decling given the 3 years before that they went 36-5 (87%). And obviously the 3 years under Mario before Lanning became HC (removing Covid), they were 31-10 (76%)... And obviously for us our previous 3 season before he became HC we went 21-15 (58%).
If it is acknowledged that Diaz left Miami in a terrible place as a reason for why the current administration has struggled on the field in the first 2 seasons, does that same reasoning apply to USC?

Did Helton leave USC in the same condition that MC left Oregon for Lanning?

Advertisement
Back