2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
To me it's optics. He's the best player on the state and a position of need... against Mario's former employer. Lanning has been taking credit for the sports car that Mario left him with a tank full of 93 octane, even though he has maintained the program.
And if Pickett commits to us now, he can help recruit between now and signing day. He can't recruit for us if he's committed to Oregon.
Mario left him with no QB, RB, and 1 WR and he’s had as good or better results and recruited significantly better than Mario did there.

Well, to be fair, I got a bit panicked last year when Scott went to OSU and a few other guys I was really confident in bounced elsewhere with the poor season.

That’s not the case this time around. Miami is PRIMED and READY to have a big season.

Oregon, as usual, is going to end up with their ***** in the hand in FL come December.

That’s a guarantee.
This post is Tren in word form

Well, to be fair, I got a bit panicked last year when Scott went to OSU and a few other guys I was really confident in bounced elsewhere with the poor season.

That’s not the case this time around. Miami is PRIMED and READY to have a big season.

Oregon, as usual, is going to end up with their ***** in the hand in FL come December.

That’s a guarantee.
I 100% was in panic mode when we lost Scott and Stewart this time last year. I’m just a smart lab rat that learned from that experience, and as you said, we are primed to win this year.

Mario left him with no QB, RB, and 1 WR and he’s had as good or better results and recruited significantly better than Mario did there.
Yeah I don’t know why we continue to do this. Mario is a great recruiter and did a good job there

Lanning is a beast. But same time lots of coaches start off getting crowned by CIS only to eventually fail. But his rosters are gonna be loaded they have clearly given him a **** ton of money as well

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you regarding Lannings recruiting since he got there; but Mario left him with a really good defense and a **** good offensive line. Their RB left for Tally. Can't fault Mario for that.

Advertisement
IMG_2307.jpeg

I’d say no question better. Besides W/L, look at that offense - it was humming the past 2 seasons with nix and will continue to do so with Gabriel.
Yeah man for a defensive guy as much as I hate Venables but watching those two adapt what’s in their DNA to the modern game is what makes watching Mario so difficult sometimes

I hope @Memnon doesnt read this and spike his blood pressure though

That’s a guarantee.

the future is NOW

A big season and Mario can set himself up the next decade

Advertisement
Lanning aint win a conference title, which he had 2 years to do and he wasn't starting from zero. He is doing well there but conference title was what the person before him did. He did well bringing in Bo Nix and making him a first round pick but lets see what happens when all the players he inherited leaves and he has to use players he brought in, whether portal or high school.

At this point he aint did anything tough and Fiscal Mario has done, thats a fact. Also recruiting classes are judged after the fact.

Advertisement
And maybe if Mario was setup here as well as you're claiming Mario didn't setup Lanning, we'd be at an even higher level than we already are. Lol Its just funny when people try to act like Mario left the cabinets bare at Oregon. Or the results he brought didn't have an impact to future success.

Advertisement
Back