2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

He’s a cracker! Truly believe in the end family will be too hard to leave. Can’t see this kid not signing with Miami. If we can end up
Landing a top receiver from Georgia away from Georgia ( they have won national titles ) I can’t see this happening. Oregon blows.
I like Carr and this isn't supposed to be a slight against him but they aren't close in talent comparison. Pickett is top of the food chain.

Advertisement
I think we need to give VT some more respect, but yes we should still win 10 games and be in the ACCCG hands down.

Plus UF is a close spread for a reason, despite being a game we all expect to win and win by at least 7 (preferably double-digits).
We’re 3 point favorites on the road against the gators in the first game of the season, speaks volumes to what oddsmakers think about them. The spread would be bigger if that game was played in October/November

Advertisement
I trust Cristobal to not let this happen. This is home turf and this year DB is the focus. They had Slimeto and Stubbs decommit, i trust them to up the Benjamins for Pickett, he is a top the food chain. This is where the money at this cycle.

We need to have a great season, which we should based on our schedule. We need to beat Florida and look good in the process. I think we could have some top guys jump on board that aren't even on the radar at the moment.

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

We need to have a great season, which we should based on our schedule. We need to beat Florida and look good in the process. I think we could have some top guys jump on board that aren't even on the radar at the moment.
He commits before the season.

Advertisement
THIS. We have built up so much momentum pre- season. Aint no way a 10 win MIAMI gets left out of the CFP. The ratings go through the ROOF no matter who we play.

All of the Top 12 teams last year had 2 losses or fewer. The highest-ranked (non-Lberty) team at #13 had 3 losses.

No insider info but I would think Georgia, Oregon hasn’t won anything either so why would Pickett go there if his whole thing is he wants to see Miami win something

“Win something” doesnt mean national championship. The kid wants to see national relevance from us. He wants to see us not lose games that we aren’t supposed to and not have meltdowns with 60 secs left to GT and win 12 games in 2 years. If we had made it to Charlotte last year and won 22 games over the past 2 years like UO, he’d probably be committed by now. But we are sitting here fighting for our lives for a legacy kid because we have won 12 over the past 2 years and can’t get out of our own way.

I like Carr and this isn't supposed to be a slight against him but they aren't close in talent comparison. Pickett is top of the food chain.
Oh I get it. And I agree. But the point is Mario will not let this kid go to Oregon. We are a dominating recruiting program right now. But if we continue to let guys like Smith and Pickett get away, especially at positions of need, we are never gonna go where we want to. Smith didn’t have the connection to the coach, the program, the location etc. Pickett does! And his cousin is there. I just can’t see this happening. In the end. But recruiting is weird. So we will see.

Advertisement
2 weeks is plenty of time to rectify that, Because if they lose him then it's going to be hard to get him back regardless of how well Miami plays during the season

That’s just not true. Why do ppl keep saying this?

Kids flip ALLLLL the time. A kid committing on July 17th is no slam dunk to remain committed for any team and any recruit.

This is no different. This will battle until signing day for whoever he ends up with.

“Win something” doesnt mean national championship. The kid wants to see national relevance from us. He wants to see us not lose games that we aren’t supposed to and not have meltdowns with 60 secs left to GT and win 12 games in 2 years. If we had made it to Charlotte last year and won 22 games over the past 2 years like UO, he’d probably be committed by now. But we are sitting here fighting for our lives for a legacy kid because we have won 12 over the past 2 years and can’t get out of our own way.
I’m not disagreeing with you. The brutal losses this program has had in the last 20 years is awful. Mario ruined the season losing to GT last year. This schedule is way too easy for this to be screwed up. Lose close to Louisville or FSU. No NOT lose to ball state. I’m nervous before every game we are supposed to win. Because we have blown games. Can’t have that this year with Cam Ward Martinez the line we have and the overall roster.

That’s just not true. Why do ppl keep saying this?

Kids flip ALLLLL the time. A kid committing on July 17th is no slam dunk to remain committed for any team and any recruit.

This is no different. This will battle until signing day for whoever he ends up with.
Yeah man! That was my point about Ny Carr and Fletcher and guys like that. Even if he commits it’s almost as if Mario boosters and his family will be more relentless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back