2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Obviously hope we are the choice on 7/17 but sounds like it will be Oregon. This feels somewhat similar to Justin Scott who was trending towards us but ultimately committed to OSU on 7/2/2023 then flipped to us on 11/29/2023. I do think the Ducks are legit and will have a very successful season but hopefully the distance factor of 2,500 miles will keep him more at Miami than Eugene before the signing period. It's a marathon not a sprint meme.
What?

Advertisement
The only way a 10 win ACC does not make the playoffs is if there's a 11/12 win team that beats them in the ACC championship.
THIS. We have built up so much momentum pre- season. Aint no way a 10 win MIAMI gets left out of the CFP. The ratings go through the ROOF no matter who we play.

Kobe Bryant GIF

THIS. We have built up so much momentum pre- season. Aint no way a 10 win MIAMI gets left out of the CFP. The ratings go through the ROOF no matter who we play.
And depending on seeding the networks definitely would like a Mario Canes v Oregon matchup if it comes to that.

Advertisement
Idk man, I don’t like trying to flip a kid from Oregon. They’ve been on one recruiting wise. Rather we make an offer he can’t say no too and just get him on with us right away.
While Oregon and Lanning have done really well at recruiting, if it’s not Miami on the 17th I prefer it’s Oregon then any other finalists. Proximity may not be an issue to him now but if we take care of business on the field, distance will quickly become a problem to him after 6 straight months of looking out his window daily to see Mario pulling one of these…

IMG_6865.gif

I'm trying to be positive, not negative. I believe the over/under for the season should be 11, not 10. And FSU with 13 last year getting left out of the 4-team playoff should be a big alarm bell for everyone in the ACC.

We cant allow him to commit to Oregon, period. He is a tone setter, a need, legacy, #1 Recruit in the state. We cant allow different teams, especially not one like Oregon to take the #1 player out of the state, it has eluded us so far. It cant happen. We shouldnt be trying to flip him back. Let them try to flip him. Fk all that. Yall optimistic about flipping him back, i'm not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Oregon is a fantastic program. But there is no one im less scared of on the trail than Oregon. We continue to hear from d money and others that it’s not a facilities battle anymore… so what the **** is Oregon selling outside of a wining culture which to their credit they have had for 20 years

Would feel much better if he picked Oregon over the others in his top 3

Oregon is a fantastic program. But there is no one im less scared of on the trail than Oregon. We continue to hear from d money and others that it’s not a facilities battle anymore… so what the **** is Oregon selling outside of a wining culture which to their credit they have had for 20 years

Would feel much better if he picked Oregon over the others in his top 3
This is a big deal brotha lol..for example if we had the same this recruitment would be a layup **** near

This is a big deal brotha lol..for example if we had the same this recruitment would be a layup **** near
Agreed. It stings to think of, but just go back the last decade plus and recall how many elite kids we were in it for late…despite being a DOG**** program on the field.

And by all accounts, we still are...and kids are still buying what Mario is selling. Imagine what winning 10 games in 2024 will do.

Advertisement
There is NO way 11-2 Miami is not in the top 12. Louisville FSU should be the only games we should have trouble with.
I think we need to give VT some more respect, but yes we should still win 10 games and be in the ACCCG hands down.

Plus UF is a close spread for a reason, despite being a game we all expect to win and win by at least 7 (preferably double-digits).

Understood but I will say they are the least scary “winning program” of last 20 years. It takes a certain type of dude to voluntarily send themselves to Eugene, Oregon… especially a young man from central Florida

Advertisement
Back