2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Lanning is a great recruiter and he’s backed by Phil Knight’s money. They’re on fire right now and will sign a Top 5 class, just like they did last year. Absolutely a top of the food chain recruiting school.

But holler at me when Lanning comes into southern Florida and signs a kid who Mario has at the top of his board, who he’s been recruiting relentlessly for years, and who has family ties to The U and a cousin already on the roster. I’ll believe that **** when I see it. IDGAF how many blue-chip players Lanning gets. What I just said above is a different tax bracket. If we do what I think we’re gonna do on the field this year, we’re getting a LOI from the kid in December. Miss me with any other bull****.

Obviously hope we are the choice on 7/17 but sounds like it will be Oregon. This feels somewhat similar to Justin Scott who was trending towards us but ultimately committed to OSU on 7/2/2023 then flipped to us on 11/29/2023. I do think the Ducks are legit and will have a very successful season but hopefully the distance factor of 2,500 miles will keep him more at Miami than Eugene before the signing period. It's a marathon not a sprint meme.

1_Irqbz57ypBnuGTuqmbkBXw.jpg

Advertisement
Family will win out. Flying all over the country to see a kid play in stupid uniforms for a team that will lose to Ohio Taint ain’t a thing to worry about. I know J smith signed north, but I just can’t see this happening.

Advertisement
Have to ride with Mario until proven otherwise, especially when it’s the top player at the position of most need.

But if Lanning comes down here and plucks him, especially with every single factor in our favor apart from actual success on the football field (which could be fixed starting this season), then **** that would be a **** of a statement.

And even then, always a chance to flip if we win 10 games…which should be the expectation. Obviously would like to land him now, it’s not easy to flip a guy from a program like Oregon who’s very likely to make noise in the BIG10 and make the playoff, plus can ante up the price whenever they please.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I also am not convinced Lanning is there beyond this year. If UF or even an LSU opens up potentially he’s going to take one of those IMO. Maybe even OSU if Day does finally go to the NFL.

Oregon has all it needs and he should stay there unless UGA (which it won’t) but I just think he’s going to be SEC bound.

Advertisement
Back