2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

I also am not convinced Lanning is there beyond this year. If UF or even an LSU opens up potentially he’s going to take one of those IMO. Maybe even OSU if Day does finally go to the NFL.

Oregon has all it needs and he should stay there unless UGA (which it won’t) but I just think he’s going to be SEC bound.
Lanning seems to be a good coach and a great recruiter. Though he does have backing. But make no mistake. Lincoln Riley ruining west coast ties is a godsend for him

Advertisement
Obviously hope we are the choice on 7/17 but sounds like it will be Oregon. This feels somewhat similar to Justin Scott who was trending towards us but ultimately committed to OSU on 7/2/2023 then flipped to us on 11/29/2023. I do think the Ducks are legit and will have a very successful season but hopefully the distance factor of 2,500 miles will keep him more at Miami than Eugene before the signing period. It's a marathon not a sprint meme.
Referring to your first sentence, where are these “sounds” coming from?

If you’re scared go to church. He’ll be a Cane

1720046610782.png

Up the bag. He’s a Cane. These same morons thought Bain was obsessed with Saban and we know how that ended up

Bain absolutely loved Saban and I was one of those. Glad Mario and Miami won’t that battle.

This one is a little different but no way he ends up at Oregon even if he picks them on the 17Th. 3,000 miles away from his family in central Florida. Not a chance in ****. He could go anywhere in the country it ain’t going to be Oregon

Advertisement
Bain absolutely loved Saban and I was one of those. Glad Mario and Miami won’t that battle.

This one is a little different but no way he ends up at Oregon even if he picks them on the 17Th. 3,000 miles away from his family in central Florida. Not a chance in ****. He could go anywhere in the country it ain’t going to be Oregon

Exactly. I said it earlier in the thread.

Lanning’s transition class was 2022, and he’s now had two full time classes in 2023 and 2024.

Wanna know how many kids from the entire state of Florida he’s signed in 3 classes?

One.

Gernorris Wilson, a tackle from Lakeland who didn’t have an offer from Miami, Florida, or Florida State.

This kid ain’t gonna be #2. And idgaf what happens in 2 weeks. Holler at me in December.

GA 8-4
UM 10-2

Lets go!
Many on here seem to be content with a 10 win season. Why? We have a better roster than every team on our schedule, only FSU and UF are even close. So any losses this season are upsets IMO. Upsets happen, but they don't have to and shouldn't more than once a year if you take the knee. And I guarantee 10 wins for an ACC team will not make the playoffs.

Many on here seem to be content with a 10 win season. Why? We have a better roster than every team on our schedule, only FSU and UF are even close. So any losses this season are upsets IMO. Upsets happen, but they don't have to and shouldn't more than once a year if you take the knee. And I guarantee 10 wins for an ACC team will not make the playoffs.

If that 10 win team makes it to Charlotte and wins then yes, I guarantee you that team will make the playoffs.

Advertisement
The only way a 10 win ACC does not make the playoffs is if there's a 11/12 win team that beats them in the ACC championship.

Advertisement
This is Coach Cristobal’s 4th go a round with recruiting while at UM. Coach Cristobal in his first 3 recruiting classes always had to recruit the “Whales” from behind and at the end of the cycle got 5 Stars to commit. This is beginning of things starting to roll forward, DJ Pickett will be the 1st 5 Star player to commit early to Coach Cristobal and help him recruit. Coach Cristobal said himself that it would take 4 to 5 years to establish relationships with recruits from youth football thru high school.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
I also am not convinced Lanning is there beyond this year. If UF or even an LSU opens up potentially he’s going to take one of those IMO. Maybe even OSU if Day does finally go to the NFL.

Oregon has all it needs and he should stay there unless UGA (which it won’t) but I just think he’s going to be SEC bound.
Phil Knight is paying anything and everything in NIL to see an Oregon national championship before he dies, he won't let Lanning leave.

I just think that it will be difficult to flip him even with a fantastic season because I think Oregon is going to have a great season as well they have to do whatever they need to do to get across the finish line and get him to commit on the 17th

Advertisement
Back