2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Correct. It was only a few on the board and some of them were Canes fans.

Fair enough. It's just tiring for the Mope Squad to constantly remind of us **** that happened 3 years ago, when we've got kids to recruit today.

Corey Raymond is a fine coach, but **** him, we need to recruit DJ Pickett and stop being afraid of other schools and their coaches.

That is all.

Advertisement
- "Have to see how Miami does during the season compared to others (is important),” Pickett said. “I just want to see wins, at least see if the program is going in the right direction. I think Miami is doing that right now.”

- “This (visit) was a big impact,” Pickett said. “They didn’t need to do too much, I already knew what to expect. Just being back and having that same feeling again (was important).”

- DJ says that Booker “loves it. He said the coaches stayed the same even when you’re on the team. He just loved it. That’s a big plus. That’s big (for me) having someone already on the team, family up the road. It’s something big for me.” Certainly this visit went as well as Miami could have hoped, and we think the Canes are well positioned here.
I really, really wanna be here....

Just show me that you aren't the **** show you've been since I was old enough to form my own opinions and I'm onboard....

Look who's trying to start ****. Cway's twin, Angry Ibis.
htcUYfrj.gif

Advertisement
Fair enough. It's just tiring for the Mope Squad to constantly remind of us **** that happened 3 years ago, when we've got kids to recruit today.

Corey Raymond is a fine coach, but **** him, we need to recruit DJ Pickett and stop being afraid of other schools and their coaches.

That is all.
Yup! Get it done!!

Advertisement
James Williams is in his ear about being too tall to play safety and how the fans will want him to switch to LB.

😉

I don't have the same concerns with DJ as I had with JW. Different athletes in a multitude of ways. Most importantly is DJ is a disciplined and willing tackler.

I don't have the same concerns with DJ as I had with JW. Different athletes in a multitude of ways. Most importantly is DJ is a disciplined and willing tackler.

Williams was a willing tackler, but his shoulder injury the prior year, he chose to play rather than sideline himself like most do with a torn labrum.

Discipline not tackling ability was a concern though coming out of high school.

We'll see what this recruit has if we're fortunate enough to land him. Some though were already talking about him moving to LB'er at the same height before he ever arrived.

Advertisement
When James Williams run 10.62 in the 100m then his advice would be given serious consideration. James should have looked up the story of Ray Ray Armstrong.

With that kind of speed, he could be more valuable elsewhere. As wirh the James Williams talk, how many 6'4 safeties are there playing in the NFL? Like Williams, you give him a go there and let it sort itself out. As time went on though with Williams, the rallying cry for moving him was his height. Irregardless, let's land this kid as the rest will sort itself out.

Williams was a willing tackler, but his shoulder injury the prior year, he chose to play rather than sideline himself like most do with a torn labrum.

Discipline not tackling ability was a concern though coming out of high school.

We'll see what this recruit has if we're fortunate enough to land him. Some though were already talking about him moving to LB'er at the same height before he ever arrived.

It's water under the bridge. But strictly going on HS film, what I saw in JW's highlights is probably what caused his torn labrum in the first place. He did not like to come downhill and wrap his arms, he led with his shoulder.

Pickett's HUDL is a totally different experience. He is just as impressive in his field awareness as JW (who was exceptional at that). But he is also dynamic on both sides of the ball. And he tackles really well. I have zero concerns about him playing closer to the line and getting physical, or being a cover corner or zone safety. And he meets Shadow's "grandma rule", where even your grandmother who doesn't watch football can tell he's the best athlete on the field. He can do it all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back