2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Yea I think he probably could
It's not a matter of could, it's if he wants to. Raymond's pedigree and success has gotten him to a point in his career where he can pick exactly the role he wants. I think it can be assumed by now that he is very content with just being a top tier DB coach, without the extras of a coordinator role. Raymond's reputation speaks for itself in recruiting. Top talent will come to him and he just needs to coach em up. That probably doesn't jive too well with Mario's all-hands-on-deck 24/7/365 operation. Neither is wrong. Just different types

Advertisement
Idk why this Raymond hiring topic routinely gets kicked around on the board. Cribby (I'm fairly certain) stated around the time (Dec '21) that Raymond put last min word out to UM and before Mario could even respond the Gators had already pounced.

This second time around we still had Addae while Raymond was on the market and just a guess but it seems like his goal was to get back to Baton Rouge.

Also, Raymond was never Chevis Jackson's DB coach. Raymond was an intern and part of the S&C staff during Jackson's playing days. Jackson did GA under him for a year in 2015.

Either way it is what it is and I'm hopeful that Coach Jackson will be the DB coach we've been needing.

Idk why this Raymond hiring topic routinely gets kicked around on the board. Cribby (I'm fairly certain) stated around the time (Dec '21) that Raymond put last min word out to UM and before Mario could even respond the Gators had already pounced.

This second time around we still had Addae while Raymond was on the market and just a guess but it seems like his goal was to get back to Baton Rouge.

Also, Raymond was never Chevis Jackson's DB coach. Raymond was an intern and part of the S&C staff during Jackson's playing days. Jackson did GA under him for a year in 2015.

Either way it is what it is and I'm hopeful that Coach Jackson will be the DB coach we've been needing.
Mario made wayyyyyyyy too many F hires year 1. When you look back absolutely brutal.

It's not a matter of could, it's if he wants to. Raymond's pedigree and success has gotten him to a point in his career where he can pick exactly the role he wants. I think it can be assumed by now that he is very content with just being a top tier DB coach, without the extras of a coordinator role. Raymond's reputation speaks for itself in recruiting. Top talent will come to him and he just needs to coach em up. That probably doesn't jive too well with Mario's all-hands-on-deck 24/7/365 operation. Neither is wrong. Just different types
I do get that but he has to chase kids as well to establish a relationship. U can’t just show a recruit your credentials they don’t give a ****. They have to be recruited at the end of the day. So I do assume he recruits tirelessly if I had to guess. But we don’t know that or I don’t at least cause I don’t follow what he does. But yea Mario wants relentlessness but MC is the closer. He hired Addae and Mario must of gotten fooled or something.

Is Pickett that much taller? Wow. I remember Tyson being pretty tall though. 3 inches is a big deal. Pause
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing, but... Mario struck out when getting big names. I am not sure Raymond could handle the Mario grind. Mario seems to do best when getting hungry up and coming coaches.
Just my 2 cents
“ coming coaches” we don’t do dat here Big Dawg! Big Pause! NO DIDDY!
Yo Scott
200.gif

Hey yo! Hit the button next time

Because the board declared him washed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back