2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Is it wrong to think Pickett is like James Williams: freak athlete without a real position?
my thoughts exactly ... and the expectations are gonna be through the roof, he's needs to gain weight before can touch the field ... and to be honest, it's just tough to be a 6'5 corner

Is it wrong to think Pickett is like James Williams: freak athlete without a real position?
Williams should have been at LB from Day 1. But I think some on here said he refused or felt they were wrong.

Hopefully wherever they think Pickett fits best they put him and it works out...with his Ht LB just seems natural.

Advertisement
Without giving away the source, the word is that LSU has put NIL $$ on Pickett that UM simply will not match because it is way above the market for DB’s. And before everyone jumps in with “pay him whatever he wants” , that is just unrealistic, and arguably unwarranted. I would love to see more sticky coverage from our DB’s as I really think that is the only place the defense is not top 5-10 caliber. And I think we are getting there with Antoine, OJ, and hopefully Brown’s return. But that doesn’t mean UM will or should break the bank for a corner back who maybe should be playing safety in Pickett.

I still hope he comes but if there is a large and unwarranted NIL discrepancy between UM and LSU, do not expect a flip.

IMO he’s an excellent player but he’s not a once in a generation talent. Jeremiah Smith should get a blank check. Pickett should get top dollar for a DB, but I wouldn’t give him Smith money.

You're right. We're clearly neglecting high school recruiting, hence why we end up with a top three class and a top seven class that had several defections at the last second. Would have had us top three as well. I really hope Mario hears what you're saying and takes heed of that warning...

Some of y'all really need to get your heads out of your ****** asses and use your god**** brains before you say the stupid **** that comes out of yalls mouths... Don't be a ****** moron & compare our high school recruiting to Florida states when we've been pulling in highly ranked classes yearly. Please just shut the **** up and use your brain.
bruh just leave him on read, its easier trust me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pickett may not end up great but please this comparison is lazy lol, James wasn’t a freak athlete.
James Williams' write up on his recruiting profile suggests he was a freak athlete. **** near every position on defense was mentioned.

A unicorn of a prospect. Has been mistaken in the past for a defensive end instead of a defensive back given lengthy frame that’s pushing 6-foot-5, 215 pounds. Isn’t bulky, however. Could add mass and transition into more of an in-the-box defender once in college or try to remain on the leaner side. A ballhawk of a safety that has shown the ability to get from sideline to sideline. Smooth in the backpedal for someone of his stature. Fluid enough to cover a tight end out of the slot. Has a “my ball” mentality which results in plenty of takeaways. Comes downhill in a hurry. Some concerns about physicality did arise during junior season, but flipped a switch as a senior and started seeking out contact when asked to blitz and run the alleys. Will need to learn how to stack and shed if he’s going to be more of a front seven player at the next level. Must also improve tackling technique. Has maintained throughout the recruiting process that he’s a safety, but it wouldn’t be all that surprising to eventually get snaps in a hybrid linebacker type of role. Rare combination of size and skill set suggest he’s a future NFL Draft pick.

Advertisement
i'm about to get cooked, but i'm no sold on pickett at corner ....

I think corner is one of the biggest measurable projections for a position. Especially when projecting at corner. A really good corner in HS just isn’t going to get the ball thrown to his side of the field often. Picket has measurables that if it comes together, warrant a “top 5” player in the country. When I saw him in person, the size and length is insane.

James Williams' write up on his recruiting profile suggests he was a freak athlete. **** near every position on defense was mentioned.

A unicorn of a prospect. Has been mistaken in the past for a defensive end instead of a defensive back given lengthy frame that’s pushing 6-foot-5, 215 pounds. Isn’t bulky, however. Could add mass and transition into more of an in-the-box defender once in college or try to remain on the leaner side. A ballhawk of a safety that has shown the ability to get from sideline to sideline. Smooth in the backpedal for someone of his stature. Fluid enough to cover a tight end out of the slot. Has a “my ball” mentality which results in plenty of takeaways. Comes downhill in a hurry. Some concerns about physicality did arise during junior season, but flipped a switch as a senior and started seeking out contact when asked to blitz and run the alleys. Will need to learn how to stack and shed if he’s going to be more of a front seven player at the next level. Must also improve tackling technique. Has maintained throughout the recruiting process that he’s a safety, but it wouldn’t be all that surprising to eventually get snaps in a hybrid linebacker type of role. Rare combination of size and skill set suggest he’s a future NFL Draft pick.
We all have our own eyes for a reason lol

Advertisement
Back