2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

This isn’t exactly true. Miami is willing to overpay, they just haven’t had to because that’s how it broke in certain situations. The DT that went to OU is an example. The LB that went to Texas is another. They were willing
It's all kinda murky what the difference between an overpay and just being the highest offer is though..
I'd say if one offer is far in excess of any other, it's an overpay. Not sure we were offering FAR more than OU was for Stone or not. Just saying offering more than like OU was, may not really be an over pay. Even if you value a guy at ~$200k, but have to offer $220k to be the highest bid, is that an overpay? kinda, but it's not so cut and dry. Offering that guy $300K would be. And that's the kind of thing you **** well better be making sure is only for QB, EDGE, DT, and WR, and you are being very selective about.

Advertisement
It's all kinda murky what the difference between an overpay and just being the highest offer is though..
I'd say if one offer is far in excess of any other, it's an overpay. Not sure we were offering FAR more than OU was for Stone or not. Just saying offering more than like OU was, may not really be an over pay. Even if you value a guy at ~$200k, but have to offer $220k to be the highest bid, is that an overpay? kinda, but it's not so cut and dry. Offering that guy $300K would be. And that's the kind of thing you **** well better be making sure is only for QB, EDGE, DT, and WR, and you are being very selective about.
Fair point. It’s hard to really know. I can only speak on Stone from what I know personally. We beat OU’s offer. Have no idea about a bunch of others but I know we’re not often outbidded per se

In my book, you overpay if 1. your deal is significantly higher than everyone else's or 2. the recruit doesn't meet your expectations.

You wouldn't overpay if you could predict scenario 2, so that's just a question of talent evaluations. We've been pretty good at those lately. Even in scenario 1, overpaying is worth it to overcome a suck tax like we had last season, or you are just certain the kid is worth it, e.g., Cam Ward.

Advertisement
I get you but talent acquisition from HS recruiting is just as important as talent acquisition from the portal. FSU neglected HS and they are screwed now for a few years, at least.
So if we don't pay this kid what he'd like to have are you saying we're neglecting high school talent acquisition? Just trying to follow along here as most of these conversations are baffling.

First all UM will pay just about or more for DJ if he chose them so that not true. That's why they still recruiting him so hard.

& You need to recruit high level recruits not just ready made portal players that's how you end up like FSU
You're right. We're clearly neglecting high school recruiting, hence why we end up with a top three class and a top seven class that had several defections at the last second. Would have had us top three as well. I really hope Mario hears what you're saying and takes heed of that warning...

Some of y'all really need to get your heads out of your ****** asses and use your god**** brains before you say the stupid **** that comes out of yalls mouths... Don't be a ****** moron & compare our high school recruiting to Florida states when we've been pulling in highly ranked classes yearly. Please just shut the **** up and use your brain.

Advertisement
So if we don't pay this kid what he'd like to have are you saying we're neglecting high school talent acquisition? Just trying to follow along here as most of these conversations are baffling.
Not totally, but in a way, yes. College football is about talent acquisition. How do you acquire talent now? NIL (i.e., players are paid).

Not totally, but in a way, yes. College football is about talent acquisition. How do you acquire talent now? NIL (i.e., players are paid).
Tizzle I **** with you... But it's now time to log off. Your posting privileges have been revoked for 30 days as a first time offender.

You are clearly either drunk or suffering from a concussion if you're saying Mario Cristobal neglects any form of recruiting. I don't think we need any lessons from anyone on here. Myself included.

See you in 30 days. Mods let's get it done. Lol

Tizzle I **** with you... But it's now time to log off. Your posting privileges have been revoked for 30 days as a first time offender.

You are clearly either drunk or suffering from a concussion if you're saying Mario Cristobal neglects any form of recruiting. I don't think we need any lessons from anyone on here. Myself included.

See you in 30 days. Mods let's get it done. Lol
GIF by VPRO

Advertisement
As a Ravens fan I can tell you, Wink Martindale's Defense is going to get shredded badly against teams with a viable passing attack.

He's an extreme Blitzer & that works against teams with bad OL's & bad QB's. But once it gets on tape how to time up those Blitzes, that Defense is going to get picked apart.

Texas, USC, Oregon & OH ST are going to love to playing against Martindale.

👀

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back