2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

If the staff believes Picket is elite game-changing All-American, national award winning DB, then yes, you pay him what he wants because that’s what he’s worth.
Ehhhh pay for proven commodities… ward, baron, barrow…

I’m sure we have a very competitive number out there to him… if he isn’t a fan, like the way we are on the rise, being able to stay in Florida with less taxes, and of course play with family let him do what he wants. Is what it is

Advertisement
Ehhhh pay for proven commodities… ward, baron, barrow…

I’m sure we have a very competitive number out there to him… if he isn’t a fan, like the way we are on the rise, being able to stay in Florida with less taxes, and of course play with family let him do what he wants. Is what it is
I get you but talent acquisition from HS recruiting is just as important as talent acquisition from the portal. FSU neglected HS and they are screwed now for a few years, at least.

I get you but talent acquisition from HS recruiting is just as important as talent acquisition from the portal. FSU neglected HS and they are screwed now for a few years, at least.
I’m with ya… acquire talent but don’t reset market values that should be set by the portal. Having said that unless it’s a generational talent like Jeremiah smith then you break that rule… love picketts game and honestly think safety will be his position

The multiple DUIs would make it difficult for a good program to hire him as a HC in my opinion when he has not been a HC before at a significant school.
I hope that is the case, because I would love to see him at Miami for the next decade along side Mario. He faced a program last night that is impossible to completely prepare for and still has a secondary that is not elite and we survived the first half, made adjustments and shut them down in the second half. I was impressed with him for that. And that was without two of our best players in Brown and Bain.
Win the championship, get him drunk and get him another DUI than he’s here to stay .

Not gonna be salty and say I don’t want him lol, but I’m sure even Miami has a budget they need to stay within.

But we rich so let’s see if that changes if we keep winning.

Advertisement
BingoIf he wants that much give Ben Hanks a raise and get him here
Matthew Bingo GIF

Without giving away the source, the word is that LSU has put NIL $$ on Pickett that UM simply will not match because it is way above the market for DB’s. And before everyone jumps in with “pay him whatever he wants” , that is just unrealistic, and arguably unwarranted. I would love to see more sticky coverage from our DB’s as I really think that is the only place the defense is not top 5-10 caliber. And I think we are getting there with Antoine, OJ, and hopefully Brown’s return. But that doesn’t mean UM will or should break the bank for a corner back who maybe should be playing safety in Pickett.

I still hope he comes but if there is a large and unwarranted NIL discrepancy between UM and LSU, do not expect a flip.
bbc two versailles GIF by BBC

Brian Kelly assured me they don’t pay players….

Advertisement
I’m with ya… acquire talent but don’t reset market values that should be set by the portal. Having said that unless it’s a generational talent like Jeremiah smith then you break that rule… love picketts game and honestly think safety will be his position
hence why is I said if the staff believes......Pickett is an AA, elite, national award winner.....if that is what they predict for him, then you break that rule. We are in agreement.

I agree but do we know what position he wants to play vs what position the staff wants?

We just had 3 years of James Williams at safety and almost not get drafted. Now he has to learn a new position. Dude would probably be a day one pick at linebacker or at least not a 7th rounder.

Cant pay top dollar for a kid who might transfer if we don’t let him play corner.

Some have said he wants to be a corner back. Idk if that’s true. But it’s something that maybe the staff doesn’t want to bargain with.

This has cormani all over it . Kids plays **** teams of course he run with them . I like what we have better . Not a popular opinion but idc this kid isn’t coming unless you pay big time for a kid who hasn’t played top talent in highschool must less college

Advertisement
we arent fsu.

We took the best cb from louisiana from them already.

Im with not paying a boatload and saving it for portal acquisition...because i personally dont see Pickett as a sure fire plug n play type. But want him in the class
I get you but talent acquisition from HS recruiting is just as important as talent acquisition from the portal. FSU neglected HS and they are screwed now for a few years, at least

I agree but do we know what position he wants to play vs what position the staff wants?

We just had 3 years of James Williams at safety and almost not get drafted. Now he has to learn a new position. Dude would probably be a day one pick at linebacker or at least not a 7th rounder.

Cant pay top dollar for a kid who might transfer if we don’t let him play corner.

Some have said he wants to be a corner back. Idk if that’s true. But it’s something that maybe the staff doesn’t want to bargain with.
I just got off the phone with DJ and he told me to **** off. So, I don't know what position he wants to play. So
we arent fsu.

We took the best cb from louisiana from them already.

Im with not paying a boatload and saving it for portal acquisition...because i personally dont see Pickett as a sure fire plug n play type. But want him in the class
It doesn't matter what you and I see him as. What does the staff see him as? If they view him as a can't miss, elite DB, AA, award winner, then give him whatever he wants.

Advertisement
I’m fine not laying the cash for him as he isn’t an instant impact kid no matter where he goes.

Miami will need potentially a QB, WR, Center, DT and safety out of the portal next year. Save the money and put it into a ready made CB or an elite DL cause trenches are what really matter
First all UM will pay just about or more for DJ if he chose them so that not true. That's why they still recruiting him so hard.

& You need to recruit high level recruits not just ready made portal players that's how you end up like FSU

I just got off the phone with DJ and he told me to **** off. So, I don't know what position he wants to play. So

It doesn't matter what you and I see him as. What does the staff see him as? If they view him as a can't miss, elite DB, AA, award winner, then give him whatever he wants.
its already been stated they arent willing to pay over what they have set for certain positions

They have done this with numerous recruits already through different cycles, seems they know what to do with their funding and i dont mind it.
**** they didnt pay Colbie Young what he wanted and he produced.

its already been stated they arent willing to pay over what they have set for certain positions

They have done this with numerous recruits already through different cycles, seems they know what to do with their funding and i dont mind it.
**** they didnt pay Colbie Young what he wanted and he produced.
Who said it? I must have missed that.

First all UM will pay just about or more for DJ if he chose them so that not true. That's why they still recruiting him so hard.

& You need to recruit high level recruits not just ready made portal players that's how you end up like FSU
Slippery slope, this is 1 player. Ain’t nothing wrong with using your money on a proven commodity vs a high schooler when the rest of your recruiting class looks good. Mario knows good and well not to do what FSU is doing. It’s still early in the process. If UM addresses everything they want in the class and Pickett is asking for a crazy NIL that they think is not worth it, then there’s no harm in UM moving on and paying for a proven commodity at that position. Not saying that they shouldn’t keep trying to flip him rn.

Not only that but it makes perfect sense for Miami to get a proven commodity at S. No Powell after this season. Ss- Harris, Williams, Patterson, Isaiah Thomas, not much proven depth. I believe Patterson will be good, the question is still out on Williams, and we have no idea with Thomas, he has been hurt for a while now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back