2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Its nonsense about Miami having to leave ACC to have big games on their schedule.

If players sign with Miami in the 25 class, this will be some games you play in at Miami. Plenty of big games and big atmospheres.

Florida
Notre Dame-Home/Away
FSU-Home/Away
South Carolina-Home/Away
Utah-Las Vegas
Louisville-Home/Away
VT-Home/Away
@Clemson

Advertisement
Its nonsense about Miami having to leave ACC to have big games on their schedule.

If players sign with Miami in the 25 class, this will be some games you play in at Miami. Plenty of big games and big atmospheres.

Florida
Notre Dame-Home/Away
FSU-Home/Away
South Carolina-Home/Away
Utah-Las Vegas
Louisville-Home/Away
VT-Home/Away
@Clemson
Is that the line for big games? Louisville? VT? I don't think recruits give a **** about Louisville and are too young to remember VT being good. South Carolina wouldn't even be a thought if that list was put together for LSU.

Florida
Notre Dame-Home/Away
FSU-Home/Away
South Carolina-Home/Away
Utah-Las Vegas
Louisville-Home/Away
VT-Home/Away
@Clemson
200 (1).gif

I do agree with you, but I think Miami will blow up greater than the 2017 season. DJ knows a lot of players on the roster. He's played with them in 7 vs 7's. I just think a change of heart will come if Miami is a national CFP contender where he'd be facing family and friends in future CFP games. I just think he'd rather be playing with them than against them. Just my opinion.
Hope you right need a athlete like him in the secondary

Advertisement
Is that the line for big games? Louisville? VT? I don't think recruits give a **** about Louisville and are too young to remember VT being good. South Carolina wouldn't even be a thought if that list was put together for LSU.
They talked about atmosphere, and if you want to see a nuthouse wait until Miami rolls into Williams Bryce for an early non conf game in 2026.

Also VT is on way back, and we all know Lane Stadium is one of best environments in college football when they are good.
VT has a good chance to be a top 20 type team this season.

Miami vs. Lousiville is going to be a top 25 matchup for years to come.

Just because youre in the Big 10 or SEC doesnt mean your schedule is full of big games.

For example Iowa has 1 big guarenteed game on their schedule in Ohio State. They may not play another top 25 team.

You seen Missouris schedule?

@Alabama is only guaranteed top 25 matchup on their schedule.

They play Auburn and Texas A&M also.

BuT dJ pOsTeD a PiC w/ HiS CoUsIn

Anyway, like what most of y'all have said, I'd rather him commit to LSU right now. LSU has a ton of talent no doubt but they also lost the heisman winner and pick 6 in the NFL Draft in Nabers. That's tough to replace in the SEC. They have like 6 50/50 games on their schedule right now. So hopefully they have a down year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't take the bait, that's a lie.

- Signed, a user who got forum banned on here.
I didn’t write that I won’t delete the post or give some infraction points.

But many of us are grieving and, depending on one’s stage of grief, expressing emotions may help us move on. So I say for the next 9 1/2 hours grieve away. Just las we like to give some leeway right after a tough loss.

Advertisement
I’ll chime in;

Wiltfong was never 100% sold on Pickett to UO. He felt that way due to how many times he had been on campus compared to the other schools, & Oregon felt confident. However, multiple outlets, including Wiltfong said don’t count out LSU as a dark horse b/c of his relationship w/ Raymond. In fact, LSU was the early leader, until D.J started visiting more frequently to UO, & allegedly he was sold on their NIL package & future set up.

Then we started making waves, and it was rumored that we were surging in his recruitment, and we had just as good of a shot as Oregon. LSU stayed lurking, & it was said multiple times Pickett loves Corey, but the gut guess was UO simply b/c of their recruiting this yr, how many times he was on campus, & the supposed NIL package.

In the end, the dark horse won this round. It’s also been said w/e he commits on 07/17/2024 will now result in the battle to hold on to him b/c neither of his top 3 was going to stop recruiting him.

Yep and my guess is that CR started developing that relationship the minute he got to gville.

Advertisement
Back