2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Ay.... Y'all remember when y'all lied and said he was a cane lock just because he tweeted a pic of him and his cousin in UM attire a couple days ago?? But but but "he wouldn't do his family like that"...... Lmao boy got a stronger bond with Raymond than his own blood, SHEESH.
I’m gonna double down on it……oh wait

Advertisement
I didn’t expect L$U. But I did say he was blown away by Patrick Peterson and Maurice Clayborn FaceTime him and being there on his visit. That’s just like Bevin on the Gorman kids. But it also helped cause Antoine wanted the same treatment he was turned off with LSU. It’s better that he committed to LSU instead of Oregon in my opinion. LSU defense is trash if we win we can probably flip him.
LSU ascends in the last 2 weeks over Oregon and Miami?

I'm not phased by this at all. That euphoric feeling will wear itself down. If you look at the timeline, I think there are several factors at play including money just to commit.

If Miami has the type of season we hope and expect, he'll likely be a Cane regardless of what LSU does. If we don't perform as expected, we would have lost him anyway.

Last edited:
So I went to the Justin Scott thread from last year. It’s 80 pages and now locked. I just randomly went to page 50. It’s from July 2nd of last year. These are literally consecutive posts off that page. Any of this seem familiar? Some of y’all (and by some I mean **** near all) are literally incapable of learning a single thing. This **** ain’t over. This class ain’t dead.

I’ve said this prob 50x on this site over the past 2.5 years, and it bears repeating again, cause some of y’all are showing your asses big time and it’s real embarrassing. Doubt Mario Cristobal in recruiting at your own peril. More often than not, you’re gonna look real dumb. (Yeah, I’m about to charge my phone btw)

View attachment 295416

View attachment 295417
View attachment 295418
Ayyy…lmao pulling receipts is something but gotta admit this is a good one. And yeah some asses being shown in here without a doubt.

Advertisement
Also i remember seeing an article a month or two ago of a recruit that visited lsu and he said there were lsu commits that were recruiting him to lsu..

He mentioned pickett as one of them so i think he has been a silent commit or leaning there for a while now. I cant find the article but i saw someone post about it on 247 back then

@RVACane Gonna need to put Ferman on that Vince McM big ball walk gif!
RVA’s Ferman sure… I’ll do that…

YiZM6grQ.gif

Of all the college football superpowers, I can live with losing a big time Florida kid to LSU.

……now we really really need to land Antoine
Patrick Peterson says thanks.

I cannot abide anybody playing for this fake Cajun Notre Shame trash. ******* sad..must have been a huge NIL show

Advertisement
LSU ascends in the last 2 weeks over Oregon and Miami?

I'm not phased by this at all. That euphoric feeling will wear itself down. If you look at the timeline, I think there are several factors at play including money just to commit.

If Miami has the type of season we hope and expect, he'll likely be a Cane regardless of what LSU does. If we don't perform as expected, we would have lost him anyway.
Wasn’t just the last 2 weeks. Oregon is the team that kind of came out the blue as the favorite. Lsu was said to be the leader for him at first. And idk why y’all are so confident he is coming here. Based on what his pops said they are looking for none of those things point to miami

Advertisement
Wasn’t just the last 2 weeks. Oregon is the team that kind of came out the blue as the favorite. Lsu was said to be the leader for him at first. And idk why y’all are so confident he is coming here. Based on what his pops said they are looking for none of those things point to miami
I do agree with you, but I think Miami will blow up greater than the 2017 season. DJ knows a lot of players on the roster. He's played with them in 7 vs 7's. I just think a change of heart will come if Miami is a national CFP contender where he'd be facing family and friends in future CFP games. I just think he'd rather be playing with them than against them. Just my opinion.

So I went to the Justin Scott thread from last year. It’s 80 pages and now locked. I just randomly went to page 50. It’s from July 2nd of last year. These are literally consecutive posts off that page. Any of this seem familiar? Some of y’all (and by some I mean **** near all) are literally incapable of learning a single thing. This **** ain’t over. This class ain’t dead.

I’ve said this prob 50x on this site over the past 2.5 years, and it bears repeating again, cause some of y’all are showing your asses big time and it’s real embarrassing. Doubt Mario Cristobal in recruiting at your own peril. More often than not, you’re gonna look real dumb. (Yeah, I’m about to charge my phone btw)

View attachment 295416

View attachment 295417
View attachment 295418
It’s like these guys all forgot. After last recruiting season, I said I was not going to doubt Mario ever again when it comes to signing players. He’s earned that. Gameday coaching and philosophy? Another story but right now, I have zero doubts that come signing day, we’ll be celebrating again. Especially when it comes after a playoff appearance.

Advertisement
Ay.... Y'all remember when y'all lied and said he was a cane lock just because he tweeted a pic of him and his cousin in UM attire a couple days ago?? But but but "he wouldn't do his family like that"...... Lmao boy got a stronger bond with Raymond than his own blood, SHEESH.
Money and influence from star NFL cb's can easily influence a young man. Hope he kills it wherever he lands.

Also i remember seeing an article a month or two ago of a recruit that visited lsu and he said there were lsu commits that were recruiting him to lsu..

He mentioned pickett as one of them so i think he has been a silent commit or leaning there for a while now. I cant find the article but i saw someone post about it on 247 back then
Funny how the mind works. It's literally been right in front of our faces the entire time but nobody could see it including me. We just believe what we want to believe.

Maybe if I was paying attention I would have seen right through this whole Oregon/Miami smokescreen. LSU was his early leader and that never changed. Tuesday night my mind was just randomly wandering(which is when you have the best most unexpected insights) and I thought to myself how there is this big drama about Oregon or Miami but Pickett still has a final 3 not 2 and LSU is the third team. Why is LSU still a part of this? Nobody is talking about them. Then I thought..."Hey! What if it's been them the whole time? Then I shrugged it off and went to sleep lol. Why was LSU the pick? It came down to Pickett trusting Corey Raymond's proven development of CBs and producing 1st round and other high draft picks.

This was certainly a cold bucket of water and a slap in the face but it serves as a necessary reminder that there are certain recruits that we won't get until we have established proof of concept. A big part of that is winning on the field this season. A 10+ win season, ACC Title and a playoff berth would change many minds rather quickly. Still there will be some who want to see it consistently and still more who want to see us produce 1st round draft picks at their respective positions.

The above are obviously all things that Mario intends to accomplish and he would be the first to tell anyone that he is here for the long haul and that the milestones above are all steps on the way to building this program up to where it should be. This isn't going to happen overnight but it's not as far away as some may think. What we need to do this season is win. Like I said above we need to win 10+. A conference championship and a playoff berth would greatly speed up the process thus making recruiting that much easier. The consistency aspect is academic and requires time but the milestone of producing first round picks may be fulfilled as soon as the 2025 NFL Draft with the potential to continue. Success in the draft will take us to the next level in recruiting and that means top 3 classes on a consistent basis.

Advertisement
Back