2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Normally, when we lose out on a recruit and we say things like, “This is far from over” it sounds like sour grapes, but I 1000% feel that way about this one. This is one of those that’s going to go right up until signing day.

Normally, when we lose out on a recruit and we say things like, “This is far from over” it sounds like sour grapes, but I 1000% feel that way about this one. This is one of those that’s going to go right up until signing day.
Agreed, especially with Mario's relentless effort. It would certainly help if we have a great season and LSU struggles.

Advertisement
This is my last comment about him until halfway through the season when we’re winning games. Just remember that the staff is not going to take their foot off the gas on this kid. There is a reason he was the number one prospect on our board, he’s elite. I think he’s arguably the most athletic kid in this class. This kid can play Corner, Saftey and WR at an elite level for any college program in the country. You can’t say that about a lot of guys. 100% a kid you want in your class. If he doesn’t end up here in December, you can’t lose sleep over it. A db class Wallace, Stubbs, Ewald, Hanks and/or Antoine, and potentially even Fitzgerald would a dream class

Guy on Ferman’s site who usually has decent info said DJ led multiple staffs to think he was coming at various times over the past few weeks. Probably why both Oregon and Miami staffs led their 247 guys to think they were in a good spot.
kids do this more than ya think and it makes sense. Tell both schools you’re coming so they keep it quiet . So multiple schools can be confident , maybe getting multiple different crystal balls then the kid gets his moment / trolls whichever you prefer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also i remember seeing an article a month or two ago of a recruit that visited lsu and he said there were lsu commits that were recruiting him to lsu..

He mentioned pickett as one of them so i think he has been a silent commit or leaning there for a while now. I cant find the article but i saw someone post about it on 247 back then
NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT I REMEMBER WHEN HIS INITIAL RECRUITMENT BEGAN...I THINK HE MAY HAVE LISTED lsu AS HIS DREAM SCHOOL.

ITS BEEN DOCUMENTED THAT HE HAS NEVER BEEN A UM FAN OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT. SO we did agood job just putting ourselves in position for a chance.

Im thinking he has been an lsu lean or silent for some time foreal.

was
NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT I REMEMBER WHEN HIS INITIAL RECRUITMENT BEGAN...I THINK HE MAY HAVE LISTED lsu AS HIS DREAM SCHOOL.

ITS BEEN DOCUMENTED THAT HE HAS NEVER BEEN A UM FAN OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT. SO we did agood job just putting ourselves in position for a chance.

Im thinking he has been an lsu lean or silent for some time foreal.
it sounds like he was all LSU tbh the way the story broke following his commitment.

Advertisement
This is an L for the gaytes more than an L for us......

Don't care if that makes sense, I'm making it make sense!
He’s closer to Gator territory so..

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

So are we at the part of the season where a person doesn't commit to us in the Summer and the season is lost forever????... Is that what I'm reading??? Been a hot Summer so far so my interpretation skills are lacking.....

Sad Emo GIF by CBS
....... 🤣 🤣

Advertisement
They talked about atmosphere, and if you want to see a nuthouse wait until Miami rolls into Williams Bryce for an early non conf game in 2026.

Also VT is on way back, and we all know Lane Stadium is one of best environments in college football when they are good.
VT has a good chance to be a top 20 type team this season.

Miami vs. Lousiville is going to be a top 25 matchup for years to come.

Just because youre in the Big 10 or SEC doesnt mean your schedule is full of big games.

For example Iowa has 1 big guarenteed game on their schedule in Ohio State. They may not play another top 25 team.

You seen Missouris schedule?

@Alabama is only guaranteed top 25 matchup on their schedule.

They play Auburn and Texas A&M also.

Seriously? That's what you're trying to sell for big games? He picked LSU, their schedule potential for big games doesn't compare whatsoever. I can't believe someone is trying to argue this with a straight face.

Newsflash, your big selling point is to wait for Scar, they play them too.

Two of those schools have 80k in attendance, the rest, 60k and below. Care to compare to LSU's schedule?

Let's also not forget that LSU's home games are bigger events than anyone you listed. Yes, bigger than SCAR and Lane. 100k plus for most if not all homes games.

Take the glasses off my friend.

Seriously? That's what you're trying to sell for big games? He picked LSU, their schedule potential for big games doesn't compare whatsoever. I can't believe someone is trying to argue this with a straight face.

Newsflash, your big selling point is to wait for Scar, they play them too.

Two of those schools have 80k in attendance, the rest, 60k and below. Care to compare to LSU's schedule?

Let's also not forget that LSU's home games are bigger events than anyone you listed. Yes, bigger than SCAR and Lane. 100k plus for most if not all homes games.

Take the glasses off my friend.
Newsflash, my big selling point isnt South Carolina.

Florida
FSU
Notre Dame
Clemson
Utah

Those would be "big games" but in addition you have VT, Louisville, South Carolina which will be big atmosphere games, and potentially top 20 type matchups minus South Carolina.

My point is also just because youre in ACC and not SEC or Big 10 doesnt mean your playing at Wallace Wade every week while LSU is rotating between UGA and Alabama every other week.

My point is you can still go to Miami and play in plenty of big games in wild atmospheres.

I also am not saying Miami's schedule is tougher than say LSUs, nor am I saying consistently the atmospheres are better week in amd week out.

Newsflash, my big selling point isnt South Carolina.

Florida
FSU
Notre Dame
Clemson
Utah

Those would be "big games" but in addition you have VT, Louisville, South Carolina which will be big atmosphere games, and potentially top 20 type matchups minus South Carolina.

My point is also just because youre in ACC and not SEC or Big 10 doesnt mean your playing at Wallace Wade every week while LSU is rotating between UGA and Alabama every other week.

My point is you can still go to Miami and play in plenty of big games in wild atmospheres.

I also am not saying Miami's schedule is tougher than say LSUs, nor am I saying consistently the atmospheres are better week in amd week out.

Yes, we have the occasional big game.

There is no comparison between the two programs and that's who we're comparing now. You're also reaching across years to find those big games all the while hoping we're a quality team.

Anyhow, thanks for clarifying your stance. IMHO, you've gotta sell something else as that's not a winning strategy against LSU.

Advertisement
Back