2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

I would bet the house he doesn’t have a top 5 class if he does that again this year, even 8 wins won’t cut it. Kids aren’t stupid, 3 years of failing is much different than 2. There’s no “it’s not my roster excuse”, there’s no “the culture” excuse, there’s no “we don’t have the talent” excuse. There’s literally no excuse. So what’s he going to tell the 2025 kids if he falls on his face again? Year 4 is my year?

Not even mentioning we’ve gone all in this year from a financial perspective, and the 2025 schedule is hard + we’re going to lose close to half our projected starting 22 and even more key depth…

Ward
Martinez
X
Rivers
Carpenter
Kiko
Barrow
Clark
Powell
Alderman
Alston
Baron

Possibly to probably lose (varies)
Mesidor
DPJ
George
Sam Brown
Wes

At some point, he becomes a used car salesman if there isn’t winning on the field to back up the recruiting.

He’d be slowly turning into our version of A&M Jimbo Fisher if he can’t win 9 with this roster and this schedule, and it really should be 10 if we’re being quite honest.
Alderman is a junior and DPJ, Mesidor and George have all exhausted eligibility barring injuries.

Advertisement
I would bet the house he doesn’t have a top 5 class if he does that again this year, even 8 wins won’t cut it. Kids aren’t stupid, 3 years of failing is much different than 2. There’s no “it’s not my roster excuse”, there’s no “the culture” excuse, there’s no “we don’t have the talent” excuse. There’s literally no excuse. So what’s he going to tell the 2025 kids if he falls on his face again? Year 4 is my year?

Not even mentioning we’ve gone all in this year from a financial perspective, and the 2025 schedule is hard + we’re going to lose close to half our projected starting 22 and even more key depth…

Ward
Martinez
X
Rivers
Carpenter
Kiko
Barrow
Clark
Powell
Alderman
Alston
Baron

Mesidor
DPJ
George
Sam Brown
Wes

At some point, he becomes a used car salesman if there isn’t winning on the field to back up the recruiting.

He’d be slowly turning into our version of A&M Jimbo Fisher if he can’t win 9 with this roster and this schedule, and it really should be 10 if we’re being quite honest.
We’re ****ed

Alderman is a junior and DPJ, Mesidor and George have all exhausted eligibility barring injuries.
good call on Alderman, was mistaken there thinking off the top of my head. DPJ was a typo, that’s on me idk why I put him there knowing he’s a 5th-year senior.

Mesidor I was under the assumption he could get another year of eligibility via the medical route, but he’s very likely gone with a good year.

George only played 4 games in 2021 so I assumed he’d have another year.

Cat Love GIF

Don't agree with Miami not being big enough of a stage. Miami even when down has a large national following. Miami has already been getting enormous press and lots of talk from national media as a dark horse team to watch this year and an expected contender in the years to come (when he would be getting most of his playing time). Add to that Miami being his home area school and his family being fans, if he chooses Oregon it's most likely about money, not the size of the "stage."
I kind of agree with the poster you tagged. Oregon does now play on a bigger stage. It makes no sense for those schools to be in the big10 but they do play Ohio st PED state Michigan and others in bigger stages. And I’m sure he will get in the field there also. But I’m the end Miami will know what the bag is but go over and I truly feel he will get in the field immediately here and start. And still play against FSU Clemson and others. Maybe his bag goes to Antione and Brown. Idk

Advertisement
My advice to all of you is don't let all this drama get to you. DJ Pickett has been my personal favorite 2025 recruit for a long time so obviously I want him to commit to the U later today. Still I won't let it get me down if he picks Oregon.

At the end of the day, recruiting is about building relationships and where the player feels home. Lanning is a great recruiter but Mario is the best. No one builds relationships like he does. How many times have we all heard that in the end the school that is picked had that "family" feeling to it? And how many times have we heard recruits saying that Miami has an amazing family feel to it?

In this case, DJ is not only a legacy here but he has actual family on the team in true freshman Booker Pickett Jr. Even if the pick today is Oregon, at the end of the day, relationships and family prevail and we will get the flip because on top of the fact that all those factors will be pulling at him the entire time, Mario is relentless!

Ward
Martinez
X
Rivers
Carpenter
Kiko
Barrow
Clark
Powell
Alderman
Alston
Baron

Mesidor
DPJ
George
Sam Brown
Wes

Your spending a lot of time discussing a scenario that has zero chance of happening unless ward is hurt, and even then is unlikely. 9 wins is our floor. And in that worst case scenario of 9 wins, Mario would be able to sell it.

good call on Alderman, was mistaken there thinking off the top of my head. DPJ was a typo, that’s on me idk why I put him there knowing he’s a 5th-year senior.

Mesidor I was under the assumption he could get another year of eligibility via the medical route, but he’s very likely gone with a good year.

George only played 4 games in 2021 so I assumed he’d have another year.
George played in 7 games in 2021, 9 in 2022, and obviously started ask his games last year. So this is his final year.

Mesidor you are correct about, he will have another season of eligibility. He is a 5th year redshirt junior, so has a 6th year available. 2020 Covid yr, 2021 and 2022 he played at wvu and here, 2023 he redshirted, so 2yrs left including this one…. Just nobody believes he will return

Advertisement
Boy…I’ve been on here since the grassy days. Sniff, Eastfan, gogeta, franchise, ****- canecastic, Columbie, weballin’, Rupert, fck- all the old schoolers know who I am. Got kicked off and excommunicated for telling the truth about these sucks and been lurking on and off ever since. And yeah…the daddy told it all- Miami simply ain’t a big enough stage for jit. It is what it is…
I'm not your boy. Sassy ***

Advertisement
Boy…I’ve been on here since the grassy days. Sniff, Eastfan, gogeta, franchise, ****- canecastic, Columbie, weballin’, Rupert, fck- all the old schoolers know who I am. Got kicked off and excommunicated for telling the truth about these sucks and been lurking on and off ever since. And yeah…the daddy told it all- Miami simply ain’t a big enough stage for jit. It is what it is…
Me too. I was here even before that.

Kitchens went from a first team all American to the 3rd.round. You can point to 3 star all you like, but how many here said he was underanked?

Like Williams, they were both higher regarded and then this last year their stock dropped. Williams, position be damned, same thing, stock in free fall.

Neither has a thing to be ashamed of, but Williams was a five star as you said. Like most of our players, they come in with this lofty billing and when it's time for the NFL, their stock has nosedived. It is what it is until we prove something different.
Do you know who the other first team AP All American safety was? Christopher Smith from UGA. He got drafted in the fifth round. All American =\= first round draft pick. Or maybe UGA doesn’t develop players either.

Advertisement
At some point "let's wait until December [or signing day]" has to become extinct in our vocabulary. At some point guys like Pickett have to be locks for the hometown team. And that "some point" has to begin this year with an ACC title and a top 10 team. The narrative has to change.
Personally idc how it happens as long as they sign

Advertisement
Back