2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Facts!! This has been shared around with the National Media. Whenever they list there coaches on the hot seat, Mario is always on that list. The top 5 seems to be the Arkansa coach, Napier, Mario, Lincoln and Ryan Day. I keep saying lol Mario not going anywhere any time soon
Yep. Its like some sort of plot by the media to make his seat hot because no Miami fans are calling for his head at all. And their reasoning is that he has talent, but the talent is young. Mario is good and secure right now.

That is as much about position on the court as anything. My nephew Jalen Blackmon transferred into UM and should be a starting 2 guard next season. I recommended UM to him over a year ago because Coach L plays a guard friendly style of basketball that will showcase his talents.

The player you are writing about is a big man, and Coach L’s style is not nearly as friendly to big men who are primarily rebounders and defenders. If the former player’s nephew was a guard I am confident he would have made the same recommendation as me, based on our subsequent conversations about the subject.

In short, styles matter in sports. And I hope loyalty is to blood family first. Even with my nephew, I stayed out of the final decision making as I did not want my love for UM to interfere with wanting whatever was best for family. Luckily what he wanted and what I wanted were the same. That is until he has a bad game and I get torched up and down the basketball forum LOL.

Absolutely to all of that.

People won't like to hear it, but we had two well thought of safeties in Kitchens and Williams. All their stock did was drop the last two years. That look doesn't help in this recruitment.

Add to it, winning is important. We do that this year, if he picks Oregon initially, we could maybe get back in the picture.

Gotta show me, maybe he doesn't feel that way and picks us anyhow. We don't show out on the field, watch out though.

Clarification, I never like the we'll keep recruiting them and snag them at the end optimism. No coach wants to have to do that and that is nobodies goal. He picks Oregon tomorrow, the coaches are going to hate it. They know the odds aren't in our favor any which way. They'll have to assess and look elsewhere, but obviously won't give up.

Absolutely not.
Amazon Studios Oops GIF by ThePeopleWeHateAtTheWedding

Advertisement
People won't like to hear it, but we had two well thought of safeties in Kitchens and Williams. All their stock did was drop the last two years. That look doesn't help in this recruitment.
What are you talking about? Kinchens went from a 3 star recruit to a third round pick.

Williams didn’t live up to his hype but he should have been playing linebacker the whole time he was here anyway.

Advertisement
It's extremely hard to beat a 33.1 billionaire giving unlimited NIL....they say dude is overpaying HS kids just to commit....Texas oil wigs allegedly lost the #1 wr to Knight WTF can Mario actually do?

Also, his dad gave it away on the on3 interview....DJ picked a school two weeks ago..... sounds like Oregon has what they're looking for according to dad imo..said they're really good with preventing injuries, DJ wants to play for a national championship contender, go against 1st rounders at practice , games, everything is on campus etc....didn't talk about Nike or NIL as expected lol... on our end let's hope it's big bank take lil bank with Antoine and Hanks lol... seriously, I'm good if we land Antoine or Hanks and a bigtime portal cb to go with what we have already...

Last edited:
It's extremely hard to beat a 33.1 billionaire giving unlimited NIL....they say dude is overpaying HS kids just to commit....Texas oil wigs allegedly lost the #1 wr to Knight WTF can Mario actually do?

Also, his dad gave it away on the on3 interview....DJ picked a school two weeks ago..... sounds like Oregon has what they're looking for according to dad imo..said they're really good with preventing injuries, DJ wants to play for a national championship contender, go against 1st rounders at practice , games, everything is on campus etc....didn't talk about Nike or NIL as expected lol... on our end let's hope it's big bank take lil bank with Antoine and Hanks lol... seriously, I'm if we land Antoine or Hanks and a bigtime portal cb to go with what we have already...
Oh you’re okay with that? Well **** man, why didn’t you just say so earlier.

Also, his dad gave it away on the on3 interview....DJ picked a school two weeks ago..... sounds like Oregon has what they're looking for according to dad imo..said they're really good with preventing injuries, DJ wants to play for a national championship contender, go against 1st rounders at practice , games, everything is on campus etc....didn't talk about Nike or NIL as expected lol... on our end let's hope it's big bank take lil bank with Antoine and Hanks lol... seriously, if we land Antoine or Hanks and a bigtime portal cb to go with what we have already...
Yeah I mean all the logic is with Oregon. Based on what dad said. Is what it is. Mario will land a great class. We need safety’s and corners tho big time.

Advertisement
At some point "let's wait until December [or signing day]" has to become extinct in our vocabulary. At some point guys like Pickett have to be locks for the hometown team. And that "some point" has to begin this year with an ACC title and a top 10 team. The narrative has to change.
Who cares if they end up here in the end which multiple recruits have in the end the last couple years. I will be surprised if DJ isn’t a Cane in the end.

Advertisement

Also, his dad gave it away on the on3 interview....DJ picked a school two weeks ago..... sounds like Oregon has what they're looking for according to dad imo..said they're really good with preventing injuries, DJ wants to play for a national championship contender, go against 1st rounders at practice , games, everything is on campus etc....didn't talk about Nike or NIL as expected lol... on our end let's hope it's big bank take lil bank with Antoine and Hanks lol... seriously, I'm good if we land Antoine or Hanks and a bigtime portal cb to go with what we have already...
Dad should just say Oregon offered the most money. If Miami offered 150k more than Oregon, where do you think he'd go? If FSU outbid both, he'd be a nole. Is what it is. If these kids are good enough to play in the NFL, they will get there regardless of the college they attend. Might as well go to the highest bidder

If this is true about their NIL they would get everyone let’s stop capping. They can’t get everyone

Advertisement
Back