2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

I watched that interview with his dad, he’s not picking Miami tomorrow. To me, Miami is just not a big enough stage for him. I respect the decision, either way. You must love who loves you in life. If this one is not meant to be, we move forward with our heads held high and we let what we can control do the talking for us. Go Canes, till I die.

Advertisement
I hope either way he chooses he shuts down his recruitment. Cause we will either be sweating the whole season or this thread gets to 300 pages

I got hired by Prime Inc last wednesday to drive flatbed. Im a rookie out with a trainer, we drove from Springfield to St Louis to pick up, St Louis to little south of Baton Rouge, Baton Rouge to Bama, Bama to Youngstown, then from Youngstown to Suwanee GA today, now we on the way to somewhere on the banks of Lake Michigan.

My **** trainer, i like the guy but i notice he driving only 5 or 6 hours and in the day time up till the afternoon, my drive hours has increased my hours each day up to 9 1/2 up till 2 a.m. (you can max 11 hours every 14 before you have to to take a 10 hour break). this morning, and i have to cuz i must do 30k miles before i can eval for my own truck. Thats all while strapping and covering loads with tarps that weight 400 pounds it seems!

All am saying is, Mario best not fail me!!!
Another Cane fan from Springfield!

Advertisement
You mean like when UM was winning national championships in the 80’s and early 90’s and Marvin “Shade tree” Jones, the #1 LB in the country from Miami Northwestern went to FSU, or when Samari Rolle chose FSU over UM?

If history is any guide it should tell us all that UM will NEVER get every top player from S Fla. I don’t care if we win as often as we did in the 80’s and early 90’s and early 2000’s. Just as USC and UCLA will never get every top player from S Cal. These are metropolitan areas, not small towns. City kids don’t necessarily grow up as fans of the local college, and some just want/need to get away.

None of this is a statement about DJ Pickett or JJ Smith. It simply means that holding UM to a recruiting standard of having to sign every local star is not only unrealistic, it is setting up UM to fail in your eyes because you come to the issue with a position that is impossible to achieve.
Let the church say, "Amen"!

Advertisement
Of all The places the kid can choose he wants to move 3000 miles away from his family to play football for a program that’s good but a perennial brides maid lol.Not because of a jersey or a coach who’s had every advantage since he’s walked into that job,& still couldn’t win with all the odds in his favor. Miami on the other hand is a true rebuilding super power with true family ties & money & a better path to playing time. We have a closer proximity to his home. For me I can’t see Oregon being the pick. Now maybe I’m blind to why a kid from Florida would want to move to Oregon. Knowing he’s gonna be able to go to Miami and be a king in his home state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope either way he chooses he shuts down his recruitment. Cause we will either be sweating the whole season or this thread gets to 300 pages
nothing his father has said makes me think he will be that easy to flip. Seems like they feel they put the time/thought into the decision now.
Guess we will see what happens.

i think we stand a decent shot by December 4th, but tomorrow it's all oregon
We said same about Jeremiah & Ellis last year. About flipping guys in December. Hard to flip guys from top 5 programs in the end. I know Scott flipped but we were heavy favorites all along he just had to convince his family on the distance. Plus that was October

Advertisement
Reading between the lines, this is good. But whomever said to them that Mario is on the hot seat must not have looked at his contract buyout, or is just spreading sh*t around.
Mario def not on the hot seat, but id say he has to win this year no matter what if he wants to get the continued financial support. its no secret we opened up the pockets even more on this transfer class to win now.

We said same about Jeremiah & Ellis last year. About flipping guys in December. Hard to flip guys from top 5 programs in the end. I know Scott flipped but we were heavy favorites all along he just had to convince his family on the distance. Plus that was October
Yes, this is true. It’s even harder when you have a wet fart of a season the way we did.

It gets much easier when you’re walking the walk (ie winning) than when you’re just talking.

Dad said he made his decision 2 weeks ago and the biggest thing DJ wants is a college atmosphere and playing elite competition… Miami plays in the ACC and doesn’t have a college atmosphere so as much as I want to believe he’s coming here that sounded like Oregon or LSU to me
I will say this, if he made his decision 2 weeks ago and the staff feels confident, then just based off of other things, I actually feel more confident it’s Miami.

I'd like to thank the past 5 coaching staffs for preparing me for this moment.

:neonu:nphased.
giphy.webp

Advertisement
Back