Deen and Mesidor

Had a Jones fracture, that was 98. Feet suck, not literally but there are too many small bad long and painful injuries. Feel for him, no matter how minor.
The arthritis is character building at my age. I'd be lucky to hit my time and distance today that 3 years ago its was the routine. I killed my feet and lower body from playing. You've got to treat your body like a golden goose.

Advertisement
Bain got a lot of snaps but didn’t do much. Neither did Kelly. It’s a bit surprising we only have 3 sacks thru 2 games. I still think the pass rush will end up being pretty good. Too many talented DE’s for it not to be.
I don't think yall cats is paying attention to exactly how much this Dline is getting held and how badly. It's a reason why LT got that penalty against Ohio.

Them boys getting held superbad with no calls. Happened crazy in the A&M game too. I mean egregious holding NOT being called.

And we've faced 2 QBs that got the **** ball out of their hands.

I don't see this lack of pass rush everyone else does.

Had a Jones fracture, that was 98. Feet suck, not literally but there are too many small bad long and painful injuries. Feel for him, no matter how minor.
The arthritis is character building at my age. I'd be lucky to hit my time and distance today that 3 years ago its was the routine. I killed my feet and lower body from playing. You've got to treat your body like a golden goose.
Ugh I hope it is not a Jones fracture. I suffered one playing pickup basketball two years ago and my recovery was filled with set backs, bone refusing to heal, etc. Foot is just so tough on recovery with the fact there is almost no blood flow there.

Derrick Henry also recently played in a playoff game if I recall less than two months after suffering a Jones fracture. Crazy. I still feel the hardware in my foot everyday.

Advertisement
Agree, and if not next year then the year after. Mario's only had 1 great class and a couple of transfer windows to build this team. The 2021 class is staring to look not that bad either with Anez Cooper, Horton and co
I believe next year we will have the depth to win 10 minimum. 2025 #6.

UNC is probably the best on our schedule since rushing 243 yards/games so far. FSU and Louisville are solid running teams. Georgia Tech is average at best as a team but they probably rely on running the ball after gaining 175 yards against L'ville this past weekend.
Also Haynes King is GT’s QB. He was the worst FBS QB I saw last year

Honest question. When a college athlete (any sport) gets injured and requires medical attn. - who covers the cost of the athlete’s medical insurance policy? Is that covered by the school itself? I guess that’s what I have always assumed.

Advertisement
Moten, Gore, Horton, Bain, Chantz, Wayne, and Moss should get some good reps and build some depth the next 2 games. Then bye week.

Then GT. Another game they could get good reps but could also be a trap/lethargic game for the canes.. based on how we are after a bye. They also have looked decent on offense. I'd like to have Deen back for them. Mesidor is needed exactly 1 month from our game Thursday for UNC.

We'll know a lot more about GT after this weekend against Ole Miss.

Deen could be a little longer than originally thought. Imo MF is the only one I’d expect to have a chance of playing Thursday.
You think most of the injured guys will be back for GT game? In your opinion from what you heard, could mesidor possibly get back for UNC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would probably hold Mesidor, Deen, and Kam out this week. Get them the extra week off.

If Fletcher passes protocol I'd assume he plays just to get him reps. How far off is Arroyo?
Just reading tea leaves on arroyo, reports were he was practicing in full last week and a few insiders hinted all signs looked good for A&M. Unless he had a setback I would assume he was a true game time decision and they decided to hold him back knowing if he sat last week he would get another 14 full days off rehab which can be huge for soft tissue stuff. Then maybe get him in against temple to get a few reps and he can sit for another 14 days. Or if they are happy with where he is at and he is not needed for Temple (he shouldt be) then he gets a full month off.

I didn't mean to say that sacks are overrated. What I meant to say that even great college rushers may not tally up 10+ sacks with the way the game has changed. For example, Jaelen Phillips only had 8 his last year here, despite being an absolute terror. So while the sack #s may be down thus far, I assume that opposing offensive coordinators have to game plan for the fact that Guidry is sending blitzers with some regularity and ball has to come out fast (or QB has to improvise).

Yea I get it & I'm just being pedantic. I've seen/heard alot of people everywhere marginalize sacks in favor of pressures, so I just used your post as a reason to express my difference of opinion.

Pressures are great especially for what we have right now. It's just that as well as the defense has played, I found myself thinking during the mohio game that we're so much better but we still have another level to get to accomplish what we ultimately want.

This “debate” is too extreme for me because the truth is you’re both right

But just look at our team last year. We had a ton of sacks. Would you say that our defense put more pressure on the opposing offense last year than this year?

Sacks matter for sure and we just played two QBs that did a good job of not taking sacks. This is a stat that will even itself out as the year goes along nothing really to see here imo

I get it. Was just nitpicking over a pet peeve.

Advertisement
Back