Deen and Mesidor

Advertisement
Kelly has an ankle. They were taping it up when they brought Fletcher into the tent. And if I had to guess, Fletcher is in the concussion protocol. He took a good lick to the head on his last play. He was in zero discomfort as he walked to tent.

Would make some sense, considering his last snap was the first one of a drive, after a break. He got a carry, took a hit, and immediately asked to be taken out. No way he was tired, and I didn't see him limping or holding a shoulder or anything like that.

I get that sacks aren't the only way to properly judge a DE, but they are an absolute, so they can't be overrated. Pressures are a half measure. I personally would love to have a dominant DE who finishes the play.
I didn't mean to say that sacks are overrated. What I meant to say that even great college rushers may not tally up 10+ sacks with the way the game has changed. For example, Jaelen Phillips only had 8 his last year here, despite being an absolute terror. So while the sack #s may be down thus far, I assume that opposing offensive coordinators have to game plan for the fact that Guidry is sending blitzers with some regularity and ball has to come out fast (or QB has to improvise).

Advertisement
I get that sacks aren't the only way to properly judge a DE, but they are an absolute, so they can't be overrated. Pressures are a half measure. I personally would love to have a dominant DE who finishes the play.
This “debate” is too extreme for me because the truth is you’re both right

But just look at our team last year. We had a ton of sacks. Would you say that our defense put more pressure on the opposing offense last year than this year?

Sacks matter for sure and we just played two QBs that did a good job of not taking sacks. This is a stat that will even itself out as the year goes along nothing really to see here imo

Is this the summary of whats being said:

Official/Team: Nothing

Traditional Media: Nothing

Paid Sites: 247 prepping people for the worst; otherwise nothing

@Cribby: Mesidor not a "day-to-day" injury and of concern; Deen/Kelly implicitly in the day-to-day bucket

Twitter: Random pessimism apliefied by Danny Boy? I thought he was eaten by a bear.

Is this the summary of whats being said:

Official/Team: Nothing

Traditional Media: Nothing

Paid Sites: 247 prepping people for the worst; otherwise nothing

@Cribby: Mesidor not a "day-to-day" injury and of concern; Deen/Kelly implicitly in the day-to-day bucket

Twitter: Random pessimism apliefied by Danny Boy? I thought he was eaten by a bear.
Great summary. Wish i had read it first.

Advertisement
I can’t remember but tbh i don’t know enough to give a time frame. It was the only injury that didn’t seem like a day to day type thing
When did the injury even happen? Never noticed him getting hurt during the game. Really hope he'll be back at some point. He was one of my can't lose type guys....

When did the injury even happen? Never noticed him getting hurt during the game. Really hope he'll be back at some point. He was one of my can't lose type guys....
This d line takes a massive step back if he’s out extended time. Better hope that LT, Kelly, and Bain take big leaps as season goes on.

TVD, Lee, and Messidor were can’t lose guys in my eyes. We have bodies we can throw at d line but all unproven or jags

Advertisement
No clue , I heard Sunday morning it was a foot and it could be a problem. That was the only injury that was concerning. I’ve heard rumors of the injury but I don’t post rumors. I’d just prepare not to see him for some games. Best case hope he’s back for the meat of the schedule. Tbd

Last edited:
Advertisement
This d line takes a massive step back if he’s out extended time. Better hope that LT, Kelly, and Bain take big leaps as season goes on.

TVD, Lee, and Messidor were can’t lose guys in my eyes. We have bodies we can throw at d line but all unproven or jags
Ya and LT hasn't really done much of anything yet. Its super early I know...but was expecting him to explode this year. Well see how he progresses thru the season

Advertisement
Back