DB Amari Wallace talks his game, the staff and his recruiting pitch for Miami

View as article
Sometimes I just stir the pot because I can.

But I stand by dropping seriously injured prospects.
I'm not even allowed to agree with that statement without being shackled & brought before a Federal tribunal of Canes Judges.

Matter of fact, let me gon' head & get the **** up outta here...

OsMY2GML3H24ASYkee.gif

Advertisement
THIS COMING OFF THERE TEAM AND PARENTS HAVING A BRAWL WITH MNW AT TUTU ATWELL 7 ON 7 TOURNEY...

WHY THE **** ARE THEY SCRIMMAGING WITH A BROWARD TEAM AT THAT @Coach Macho.

I swear these dudes cant leave that park ball mentality of ..."scimmaging" ..."lets suit up against"...man go break down film with your kids ...do something else but most of em cant do that.

All they know is "bust em in the mouth" hence they are full pad scrimmaging less than a week before camp is supposed to start...just cause.
Bingo.

i never lost but since I have some expertise in this i will comment. One, nobody calls it a compound fracture. Its an open fracture which can mean anything from a poke hole to a 15cm laceration that needs free flap. Two which bone in his leg. Femur or tibia shaft and be stabalized with a rod and weight bear immediately. Third most fractures take 8 weeks to heal. Young kid with good protoplasm will probably recover just fine. The recovery process is usually one year to back to normal strength. 3 months to impact activities. Now if its a distal tibia or pilon fracture. That is a life changing injury. Now I realize I just did what everyone did and speculate. If anyone has anymore knowledge of specific injury I can relay more information.
That is exactly why I’m commenting the way I am.

I was told it’s a pilon fracture and recovery won’t be an easy path and low chance of ever being the same athlete again,

Would love for someone else to confirm or deny that.

BREAKING NEWS: man behind desk armed with a keyboard concludes that any kid that enters the program injured will never amount to anything and cites to small sample size of evidence to bolster an erroneous and faulty conclusion while disregarding mountain of evidence that demonstrates that athletes do indeed recover from a variety of injuries and are still able to maintain and even out perform pre injury performance.

Mario's policy with not discussing injuries tends to be perplexing but then I see a clown like yourself in a thread about a high school kid that just suffered a serious injury throwing all sorts of ***** at the wall, which makes the policy seem justified to be quite honest. Big weirdo energy. Wish the kid well and move on. Biggest issue with the internet is folks feel the need to advance an opinion or conclusion whenever possible, good luck at the bad timing and taste awards, chief.
When it comes to us Canes, does he not have a point though?

It isn't worth the risk, it's just typical junkyard South Florida 💩.

Penalty could be something as minor as a 3-game suspension for the Head Coaches or as severe as firings.
Wow. Honestly even a 3 game suspension for a coach does not sound like it’s worth the risk of an extra scrimmage.
Thank you.

Advertisement
BREAKING NEWS: man behind desk armed with a keyboard concludes that any kid that enters the program injured will never amount to anything and cites to small sample size of evidence to bolster an erroneous and faulty conclusion while disregarding mountain of evidence that demonstrates that athletes do indeed recover from a variety of injuries and are still able to maintain and even out perform pre injury performance.

Mario's policy with not discussing injuries tends to be perplexing but then I see a clown like yourself in a thread about a high school kid that just suffered a serious injury throwing all sorts of ***** at the wall, which makes the policy seem justified to be quite honest. Big weirdo energy. Wish the kid well and move on. Biggest issue with the internet is folks feel the need to advance an opinion or conclusion whenever possible, good luck at the bad timing and taste awards, chief.
Fake news.

I’m holding a cell phone and typing on a screen.

I know more than you think… I’m an MD, Lawyer, CPA, Certified Strength Coach, and a former high school offensive coordinator at the 5A level. I lied about 4 of those. I’ll let you guess which one was true.

Honor the scholarship period. NCAA just increased the # to 105, so this isn't going to cost us anything...scholarship will just be written off for tax purposes. The negative optics of pulling his scholarship far outweigh the costs of a scholarship. More than that, Mario preaches family and family is supposed to take care of each other. No brainer

Best wishes to Amari for a full recovery...

Honor the scholarship period. NCAA just increased the # to 105, so this isn't going to cost us anything...scholarship will just be written off for tax purposes. The negative optics of pulling his scholarship far outweigh the costs of a scholarship. More than that, Mario preaches family and family is supposed to take care of each other. No brainer

Best wishes to Amari for a full recovery...
The family culture and all that is so overblown when there’s hundreds of thousands of $ of NIL involved.

It’s more than a scholarship offer. Where do you draw the line if the injury is career altering? Do you tell the boosters you’re still paying him and he may never be the same player or he’s going to be 2-3 years away from being what he once was but it’s a family and he went to Miami central?

Or do you tell the kid the NIL is no longer on the table because of the injury.. you still have a scholarship though.. because that’s the exact same as pulling the offer. He wasn’t coming here over other options without the NIL that is in place.

The family culture and all that is so overblown when there’s hundreds of thousands of $ of NIL involved.

It’s more than a scholarship offer. Where do you draw the line if the injury is career altering? Do you tell the boosters you’re still paying him and he may never be the same player or he’s going to be 2-3 years away from being what he once was but it’s a family and he went to Miami central?

Or do you tell the kid the NIL is no longer on the table because of the injury.. you still have a scholarship though.. because that’s the exact same as pulling the offer. He wasn’t coming here over other options without the NIL that is in place.
Now you're mixing apples and oranges. We were talking about a scholarship, not NIL. You honor the scholarship, so the kid has a chance to get a quality education. NIL is a no-go as that is for performance on the field. If he chooses to forego the scholarship because he isn't getting NIL (when he isn't playing), that's on him. Obviously, we're not going to agree on this, and that's ok

Advertisement
Now you're mixing apples and oranges. We were talking about a scholarship, not NIL. You honor the scholarship, so the kid has a chance to get a quality education. NIL is a no-go as that is for performance on the field. If he chooses to forego the scholarship because he isn't getting NIL (when he isn't playing), that's on him. Obviously, we're not going to agree on this, and that's ok
Bad news if he's hurt. That sucks man,

He wasn't coming here over other options without the NIL...okay But now other relevant teams aren't offering him NIL OR Scholarship. lol. So that's not a very compelling argument. He can choose just a scholarship here or going somewhere else where he's getting a free education AND NIL if anyone is willing to offer him that. If he has the alternative he'd take it. But he very likely doesn't. I mean if he did, wouldn't that actually be the best outcome (with your view on this)?

Not offering NIL is nowhere near the same as pulling his offer lol. That's a ridiculous statement, that only an idiot purposefully trying to be anti-Miami lense would view this. Like I seriously couldn't imagine a Central coach being like "yeah but yall aren't giving him NIL too" lol. Like a scholarship here is a whole **** load of value he's still receiving, especially when you include the medical treatment he'd receive here verse a much smaller school that would be his alternative

Now I'm not saying we HAVE TO keep our offer out. At the end of the day we gotta do what's in our best interest. Maybe Mario can try to help him get onto a lower program or something like FIU. But I think any NIL talk is insane. And anyone acting like they are deserving of receiving NIL in that situation should get dropped from a scholarship altogether just from the sheer entitlement.

Last edited:
Khamauri Rogers came in hurt, Tripp came in hurt, Tinilau came in hurt, Achemong came in hurt, Isaiah Thomas came in hurt.

We took Jon Denis and he was hurt.

And Cam McCormick is 76 and we still took him.

Until someone comes in hurt and ends up producing... avoid me with the idea of bringing them in and letting them heal. It doesn't work.
"Until someone comes in hurt and ends up producing... avoid me with the idea of bringing them in and letting them heal. It doesn't work."

Jaelan Phillips?

Advertisement
Imo. Honor scholly, but any nil gets pushed and re-evaluated to if/when he returns full go. And not zion nelson style full go. If family isnt happy with free schooling, room/board, meal plan, medical staff/rehab, then idk what to say.

Exactly.

A fine mixture of factual information and wild conjecture on this thread. What's notable is a glaring lack of case-specific information.

Some fractures can be associated with sufficient vascular/fascial trauma to require amputation (David Schlicht); many mid-shaft fractures can be treated with nearly zero after-effect, and some fractures can be a career-ending combination of bad placement and surgical complication (Alex Smith).

Without specific information over time, we're back to message-board speculation. Godspeed for a quick recovery for this young man and his family.

I'd add something else.

In addition to the lack of specificity as to where on his leg the break occurred and how quickly he received medical attention (and the quality thereof), we have no real information on how this happened.

Yes, there are some vague accusations about practice starting too soon for the season, but I don't buy that as the "cause".

Now, if these players were playing tackle football in the streets with no pads, then it can be inherently more dangerous than a supervised practice.

But just because the injury happened in July does not give me any indication of whether the practice was any more dangerous or injury-inviting than if this had happened two weeks from now.

No injury is a good injury. But even under the safest of controlled practices, with red jerseys and padded helmets, bad things can occasionally happen.

Maybe the "earliness" of this injury is suspect. Then again, these kids have been playing 7-on-7 for months, and could have been injured in those games as well. So I am going to reserve my opinion until I get more specific information.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That leg will never be the same, obviously. Feel bad for him. We should honor the scholarship and any NIL offered. Medical bills get expensive even with good insurance.

I keep thinking of the Louisville basketball player that snapped his leg in the tournament.

Last edited:
Recovery Is 15-18 months being pretty standard. But when I say 2 years at minimum I mean till he can hopefully help us on the field. HOPEFULLY. That coach is fired for sure. If he's not the entire school is ****ed. Cause that **** exposed them to numerous lawsuits now for the slick crowd.
I been coaching for 20 years and I would sue the **** outta they asses

I'd add something else.

In addition to the lack of specificity as to where on his leg the break occurred and how quickly he received medical attention (and the quality thereof), we have no real information on how this happened.

Yes, there are some vague accusations about practice starting too soon for the season, but I don't buy that as the "cause".

Now, if these players were playing tackle football in the streets with no pads, then it can be inherently more dangerous than a supervised practice.

But just because the injury happened in July does not give me any indication of whether the practice was any more dangerous or injury-inviting than if this had happened two weeks from now.

No injury is a good injury. But even under the safest of controlled practices, with red jerseys and padded helmets, bad things can occasionally happen.

Maybe the "earliness" of this injury is suspect. Then again, these kids have been playing 7-on-7 for months, and could have been injured in those games as well. So I am going to reserve my opinion until I get more specific information.
When I was coaching d3 football I had a kid who said his leg was hurting but he wanted to play in the game. Goal line situation and a pile up, got a compound fracture never played again. It’s a hard road with recovery and infections that could happen

This thread is going in the direction of the conference thread. Everyone has an opinion with zero basis in fact. I’ll catch y’all in another 20 or 30 pages when a small tidbit of information surfaces.

Advertisement
Back