Crown Swasey???

Advertisement
its his own

its the old program they used at PUS when he was there

Nothing has been changed or updated? Coach Swasey didnt make any suggestions as to what he might add or replace?

its the same program he also brought to temple and its intense

I get its the same program as in Golden brought it with him . Do you know if Coach Swasey added anything, made substitutions for anything. Does the program break it down into certain workouts for certain positions or is it the same workout for everyone? Or is it 100 percent untouched as in Swasey is just following a workout guide given to him by Golden and he has no input into what they do from a strength and conditioning stand point. All Swasey woud do is make sure players are lifting properly, doing the workouts right, amping them up etc.....
he hasnt changed anything and its the same workout for everybody

3 days a week plus 3 days of conditioning

swasey is basically just a puppet who is there to oversee that everybody is working hard and doing everything correctly and tracking their progress

I see. At least someone has 100 percent facts about whats going on in terms of what players are actually doing. Im assuming you know someone in the football/athletic program.

No one here knows anything about swasey. they were just assessing blame b/c miami was losing games. the weight room has nothing to do with losing games due to coaching blunders.

It does when you allow your players to get pushed around on the field due too......inadequate S&C. Now I'll let you get back to rambling about how the players motivated "demselves".

How do you allow your players to be pushed around? lmao. What were the s&C numbers from the 2001 team?

here's the thing. I'm having a hard time thinking of a game Miami lost due to inept S&C. I can think of some due to coaching and other aspets of the game.

So you do not agree that the players were getting pushed around, yes or no?

What players?

What the **** team have you been watching for the past few years?

al takes the weight room and conditioning very seriously and has implemented the old PUS program from when he was up there

from doing it when i was in HS.......i know that its no joke

Don't take this the wrong way, but this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the program.

I kind of find it amazing how weak these guys have been. I mean- shouldn't 65 players be able to lift 225 at least 20 times? most of them weigh at least 225 or close to it!! that is lifting either 100% of your body or even less for the linemen! I can lift 100% of my body weight, and I am a 40 year old ****** attorney! what have these guys been doing for the last ten years?!!

The goal, Swasey said, is for the team to eventually have 40 players who can do 20 reps of 225 and 10 who can achieve 30 reps by the time fall practice begins.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...om-closing-in-on-4010-goal.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
al takes the weight room and conditioning very seriously and has implemented the old PUS program from when he was up there

Don't take this the wrong way, but this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the program.
when i was in HS i played 3 sports and was in great shape

keep in mind that i graduated 16 years ago and i wrestled 215 my senior year of HS

keep in mind that i graduated 16 years ago and i wrestled 215 my senior year of HS

I believe you. And I believe you about the program. It's good to hear some good news about the S&C. I hope to see it translate into on-field results (like everyone else does).

And I normally don't like to join the Nites sub-conversations, but I saw BC and UVA out-muscle our boys on national TV. Sup?

Advertisement

I believe you. And I believe you about the program. It's good to hear some good news about the S&C. I hope to see it translate into on-field results (like everyone else does).

And I normally don't like to join the Nites sub-conversations, but I saw BC and UVA out-muscle our boys on national TV. Sup?
oddly enough al was on the staff at both schools.........dont know if they are still using the same S&C program now.........but....they might be

Nothing has been changed or updated? Coach Swasey didnt make any suggestions as to what he might add or replace?

I get its the same program as in Golden brought it with him . Do you know if Coach Swasey added anything, made substitutions for anything. Does the program break it down into certain workouts for certain positions or is it the same workout for everyone? Or is it 100 percent untouched as in Swasey is just following a workout guide given to him by Golden and he has no input into what they do from a strength and conditioning stand point. All Swasey woud do is make sure players are lifting properly, doing the workouts right, amping them up etc.....

swasey is basically just a puppet who is there to oversee that everybody is working hard and doing everything correctly and tracking their progress

I see. At least someone has 100 percent facts about whats going on in terms of what players are actually doing. Im assuming you know someone in the football/athletic program.
al was my coach soph year in HS (his first job.....we went to the same HS)

ive known him since 1993

i dont talk to him regularly........pretty much just around the holidays (3 or 4 times a year)......but i do talk to another of my old coaches......who grew up with him and played with him in HS.........on a pretty regular basis though

I saw Jacory Harris get thrown around like a ragdoll during the 2008 bowl, sup Nites.

better mentality of the kids we're bringing in. hard workers versus entitled ones...

Advertisement
better mentality of the kids we're bringing in. hard workers versus entitled ones...
bingo

its because of what is being said when they are being recruited

they arent being promised playing time just so we can actually bring in a class........they are being told about the opportunity.........the potential role they could play if they work for it

id rather have kids who wanna work instead of kids who feel entitled every day anyway

Last edited:
Not a peep from the OP.

Oh he good.

I use to be on the angry mob to get rid of Swasey. But, he sounds like he's doing some good for the team. Hopefully they don't get mauled in the trenches.

I am giving him a fresh start. Golden doesnt **** around when it comes to S&C and nutrition so we will see how they work together. I am actually very optimistic.

Do you guys believe Golden gave Swasey his workout regimen & said "here ya go Andrew-do X,Y & Z?"(Basically giving Swasey the workout regimen/U-Tough etc) OR Do you think AG said "hey we're fast,but I want these guys bigger & stronger. Get it done." (Swasey designs his own workouts in accordance to what Golden wants)

I was thinking the latter,but really I don't know. Anyone with knowledge of how this stuff works? Say at Bama,OSU or anywhere.Does the S&C guy pretty much do his own thing after a coach gives him his marching orders, or does the coach spell it out for him to the letter?

its his own

Oh ok thanks. Why do you think AG kept Swasey around then if he's basically relegated to being "middle man" between Al & the players then? Why not bring his own S&C guy? Did they have a friendship before he took over? Wanted some continuity?

Advertisement
Do you guys believe Golden gave Swasey his workout regimen & said "here ya go Andrew-do X,Y & Z?"(Basically giving Swasey the workout regimen/U-Tough etc) OR Do you think AG said "hey we're fast,but I want these guys bigger & stronger. Get it done." (Swasey designs his own workouts in accordance to what Golden wants)

I was thinking the latter,but really I don't know. Anyone with knowledge of how this stuff works? Say at Bama,OSU or anywhere.Does the S&C guy pretty much do his own thing after a coach gives him his marching orders, or does the coach spell it out for him to the letter?

its his own

Oh ok thanks. Why do you think AG kept Swasey around then if he's basically relegated to being "middle man" between Al & the players then? Why not bring his own S&C guy? Did they have a friendship before he took over? Wanted some continuity?
i was hoping he would have brought tony decker down because hes considered one of the best in the biz......but tony wasnt willing to give up his independent biz in south jersey (he works with alot of the philly pro athletes also)......so swasey became the next best option because of his relationship with the players and his reputation of being able to communicate with players

What the **** happened?

ive known him since 1993

i dont talk to him regularly........pretty much just around the holidays (3 or 4 times a year)......but i do talk to another of my old coaches......who grew up with him and played with him in HS.........on a pretty regular basis though

You know I don't like you, but this is pretty **** cool. Thanks for the info. I'll rep you accordingly since I know how much you love rep.

EDIT: I gotta spread it around first, but I'll get it to ya.

What the **** happened?

ive known him since 1993

You know I don't like you, but this is pretty **** cool. Thanks for the info. I'll rep you accordingly since I know how much you love rep.

EDIT: I gotta spread it around first, but I'll get it to ya.
lol.....you dont have to.......but if you insist....lol

Advertisement
Back