Corn Elder Committed

My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last highly regarded Tennessee skill player to be pretty good...Golden Tate?

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well… It looks like we’ve gained an explosive runner.

When I watched his film, I couldn’t help but think this guy looks like Desean Jackson (a WR) at running back. I also though, there goes Ray Lewis Jr’s chance on offense…

Elder has some decent height, if the reports of him being 5’11 are accurate, which means he can stand to fill in nicely over the years. He has better top end speed than Collins, and definitely has good vision with some the wiggle. The question is will he add enough bulk to be a significant contributor at RB this season?

But if we can spread the field on offense, to avoid 8 defenders in the box, size and durability is less of a concern.

At the end of the day, not bad Golden, not bad!!

I have a feeling the only way he'd need to be a contributor at RB this season is if 4 guys get injured. I don't think there's any way they're looking for him to take reps at RB this season. The immediate need was for a thumper because we're loaded with small backs. They got that thumper with God'sGiftGus.

My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Randall Cobb.. Would of been a 4 star if he chose to play WR out of hs but wanted to be a QB....

What "next level" are you talking about? College or NFL?

Advertisement
Why did he wait to commit somewhere? 4* and waited? for what?

That said....

If he was waiting for us to offer, that is BIG! That is a TRUE CANE! Love it if that is why!

Why did he wait to commit somewhere? 4* and waited? for what?

That said....

If he was waiting for us to offer, that is BIG! That is a TRUE CANE! Love it if that is why!

wasnt waiting for us, he didnt sign because he wasnt sure where he wanted to go

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Lucky for us, this is college football. While excelling on the next level is important, we're are Hurricanes fans 1st and foremost, so I only care about what can they do in college. Anything after that is a plus.

Same **** with this QB talk, I dont care what is working in the NFL, I just wanna ****** win!!

Advertisement

Lucky for us, this is college football. While excelling on the next level is important, we're are Hurricanes fans 1st and foremost, so I only care about what can they do in college. Anything after that is a plus.

Same **** with this QB talk, I dont care what is working in the NFL, I just wanna ****** win!!

"The Next Level" from high school football = college football.

Advertisement
Just got home read this thread
272.gif

Advertisement
Kid is the real deal from what I understand.

He goes to Ensworth High here in Nashville. They recruit the best players and have won 2 or 3 state titles in a row, basically uncontested.

As a side note...that high school campus is awesome.

I'm pretty sure UT and Vandy wanted him too.

I'm in Nashville too. Ensworth has won the past 3 titles.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back