Corn Elder Committed

Advertisement
The only legitimate cap that Golden spoke of was a visit cap, which IIRC, was 27.

Golden stated he had only "16 or 17" scholarships, but to be frank...the numbers don't add up considering who was committed, and who they had LOIs out to...so, that number should be completely dismissed going forward.

My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last highly regarded Tennessee skill player to be pretty good...Golden Tate?

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Cooper was from TN . . . . Memphis, I believe.

But I see your point . . . rare.

I'm going to assume he got offers from that list of schools and is 4 star because he can play ball though.

Last edited:
By all accounts, this guy is a born Cane, a prolific winner and one of the most competitive kids in the country. What a pleasant surprise after a disappointing NSD.

IMO, he moves like a corner. Will be interesting to see where he ends up here. If he can hold up physically, I can see him and Stacy Coley taking over kick and punt return duties.

Advertisement
My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Lucky for us, this is college football. While excelling on the next level is important, we're are Hurricanes fans 1st and foremost, so I only care about what can they do in college. Anything after that is a plus.

Same **** with this QB talk, I dont care what is working in the NFL, I just wanna ****** win!!

"The Next Level" from high school football = college football.

Gotcha, my bad thought, u meant the NFL. Point taken

By all accounts, this guy is a born Cane, a prolific winner and one of the most competitive kids in the country. What a pleasant surprise after a disappointing NSD.

IMO, he moves like a corner. Will be interesting to see where he ends up here. If he can hold up physically, I can see him and Stacy Coley taking over kick and punt return duties.
If Dexter McCluster could hold up at Ole Miss I think this cat will hold up too.

Advertisement

If Dexter McCluster could hold up at Ole Miss I think this cat will hold up too.

This. I think he could play RB here. He would bring a lot more speed to the offense, an instant mismatch out of the backfield. So many weapons.

Advertisement

This. I think he could play RB here. He would bring a lot more speed to the offense, an instant mismatch out of the backfield. So many weapons.

Recruiting is a ****ed up game and I remember a day when the male cheerleader leaving us out to dry would have devastated a class. Instead we pull through and land this kid and Gus Edwards.

Pretty ******* good IMO.

Wow when u first heard about this kid committing, I thought he was a last second plan d scrub kid that no one wanted, but he's a stud, had some good offers too

Tate played at Pope John Paul, same classification as Ensworth. Full of big private schools. Tate is from sunshiney Hendersonville. Corn is from Murfreesboro, we don't sell sunglasses here. Ensworth could go toe to toe with pretty much anybody.

I've never been a fan of Tennessee talent, and I understand the concern. I've been watching Corn for a little over two years and he isn't the normal Tennessee "stud" Best athlete I've seen come out of Middle Tennessee since I've been following recruiting. Good character kid that likes to compete.

Kid put up 3 bills on Jalen Ramsey's D.

Advertisement

Randall Cobb.. Would of been a 4 star if he chose to play WR out of hs but wanted to be a QB....

First guy I thought of. Wanted to play QB so he went t to the Tuck. Had he played his actual position woulda been higher rated

Advertisement
Back