Corn Elder Committed

Advertisement
My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last highly regarded Tennessee skill player to be pretty good...Golden Tate?

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Tate played at Pope John Paul, same classification as Ensworth. Full of big private schools. Tate is from sunshiney Hendersonville. Corn is from Murfreesboro, we don't sell sunglasses here. Ensworth could go toe to toe with pretty much anybody.

I've never been a fan of Tennessee talent, and I understand the concern. I've been watching Corn for a little over two years and he isn't the normal Tennessee "stud" Best athlete I've seen come out of Middle Tennessee since I've been following recruiting. Good character kid that likes to compete.

Kid put up 3 bills on Jalen Ramsey's D.

That, my friend, is what I have read about him, and it's what I like best about him. He's a talented grinder, and those are the guys who turn into Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne and Santana and Phil Buchanon. Talent+character=success.

I think they only showed a clip of him getting tackled just to prove he's at least part human. I think people should find a way to be more excited about this guy. Yes it may not be a south florida kid, however this kid absolutely dominated. Great footwork, and seems very good at separation. Could be big for us. Rivals has him as a 5.9. second highest in our class, fwiw

Advertisement
My only worry is that...its not like Tennessee has a lot of skill position guys that excel at the next level.

Last highly regarded Tennessee skill player to be pretty good...Golden Tate?

Last good running back from Tennessee? Gerald Riggs Jr.? And he wasn't even that good.

Tate played at Pope John Paul, same classification as Ensworth. Full of big private schools. Tate is from sunshiney Hendersonville. Corn is from Murfreesboro, we don't sell sunglasses here. Ensworth could go toe to toe with pretty much anybody.

I've never been a fan of Tennessee talent, and I understand the concern. I've been watching Corn for a little over two years and he isn't the normal Tennessee "stud" Best athlete I've seen come out of Middle Tennessee since I've been following recruiting. Good character kid that likes to compete.

Kid put up 3 bills on Jalen Ramsey's D.

That, my friend, is what I have read about him, and it's what I like best about him. He's a talented grinder, and those are the guys who turn into Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne and Santana and Phil Buchanon. Talent+character=success.

I 100% agree.

Saw Corn on the local news after he signed.

-Canes favorite team growing up
-knows we signed a pretty good class this year
-Said we've been progressing the past two years
-Wants to be part of the next step in the progression

Last edited:
Huge commitment for the Canes, explosive guy on offense. Can be APB or slot.
Things apparently came together last night between Elder and Miami, leading to today's commitment. Great steal by the 'Canes.
I was just told Miami didn't offer Elder until this morning, but he immediately committed. Grew up loving The U.
Ohio State tried to get back into with Elder even after getting commitments from Wilson and Clark. Wasn't interested after being jilted.

Miami got a good one!

193.jpg

194.jpg

Last edited:
Kid must really love Miami to commit and sign just hours after getting offered. Nice way to likely end this class, especially after what happened with a couple of local kids.

5'9 and 165 lbs.

Rainey-esque minus some of the top end speed. He's going to need to add some weight.

Advertisement
He has really good balance, fluid change of direction...his strides look very similar to Duke's in that he seems like a bit of a long strider and therefore his speed is deceptive. What a post-signing day get by the staff. It shows these guys are really doing their homework and keeping up to date with these prospects. Between all the uncommitted guys and other teams gray shirts they've contacted after signing day, to moving in on AQM when they saw his commitment wavering, this staff really has their stuff together, and it's only stronger with Mario and Coley on board.

Advertisement
Huge commitment for the Canes, explosive guy on offense. Can be APB or slot.
Things apparently came together last night between Elder and Miami, leading to today's commitment. Great steal by the 'Canes.
I was just told Miami didn't offer Elder until this morning, but he immediately committed. Grew up loving The U.
Ohio State tried to get back into with Elder even after getting commitments from Wilson and Clark. Wasn't interested after being jilted.

Miami got a good one!

193.jpg

194.jpg
a quality ending to a recruiting year where we had recruits stolen left right and center, i'm excited to have such a good character, hard working, true cane lover, kid who wants to be apart of our uprising! Bring on the 2014 class the ball is rolling gentlemen. :neonu:

Love how the coaches are recruiting speed again. We had gotten a little away from that. Love taking speedy athletes to plug in and groom into different molds

No bat signal.

He probably did it literally after the offer came but a monster commit!!!!!!!!! he always loved us and i followed him on twitter and asked a week ago why he never commited to us and say it was just never had an offer so this shows true Cane right here and i must say this dude is EXPLOSIVE like you guys need to watch tape on hm

You can take credit for it. You must have done a mind-meld with Golden, and transmitted the information. Mental telepathy, or whatever.

195.jpg

Advertisement
5'9 and 165 lbs.

Rainey-esque minus some of the top end speed. He's going to need to add some weight.

Too bad he probably won't have time to run track with football and basketball already on his agenda. He could probably get even faster running track.

Advertisement
Back