Cormani

Advertisement
Yep. From the same chapter:
Although most veterans accepted Sanders' ego and indifference in exchange for the promise of otherworldly play, Aikman -- who had offered to defer part of his salary to help Dallas afford the defensive back -- was disgusted. It was bad enough Switzer approached discipline as if he were the proprietor of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. Now here was "Neon Deion," teaching via example that image is everything and practice is overrated. From across the locker room, the quarterback would watch Sanders' postgame dressing ritual and cringe. As Jeff Rude of the Dallas Morning News described it: "Most people slip on a shirt when they get dressed. Deion puts on a jewelry store."

Entire book s great. Michael Irvin was a menace. Stabbed a teammate in the neck at a barbershop and Jerry let it slide. Legend. 🤣

Charles Haley was my brother’s neighbor in Virginia. Some of the **** he told us was beyond nuts. But, he also said Aikman was ***, which I don’t buy, so I’m sure he embellished. Btw, that dude is certifiable. Cool as ****, but absolutely crazy.

Charles Haley was my brother’s neighbor in Virginia. Some of the **** he told us was beyond nuts. But, he also said Aikman was ***, which I don’t buy, so I’m sure he embellished. Btw, that dude is certifiable. Cool as ****, but absolutely crazy.

I hear Haley was a nut - he was a certified bipolar guy, fwiw.

Advertisement
Notwithstanding his illustrious football career, lets not forget baseball. The following is just an excerpt about his best season with the Braves:

During the 1992 season, his best year in the majors, Sanders hit .304 for the team, stole 26 bases, and led the NL with 14 triples in 97 games. In four games of the 1992 World Series, Sanders batted .533 with four runs, eight hits, two doubles, and one RBI while playing with a broken bone in his foot. His batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, total bases and win probability added each led the team in the series.

Deion is probably the greatest athlete of our time. Eventually, dude would take helicopters from and to baseball to football games. Are you kidding?

I truly wonder how “arrogant” yall would be if you were able to accomplish what he has in pro sports.
Bo Jackson would like a word with you about “greatest athlete of our time”. Don’t forget that Bo was all-pro in 2 sports.

How could one of the game’s premier CBs & self-professed developer of CBs miss so badly in Cormani?
Ummmm… I know this one:

What would be “because he’s trim and doesn’t have that South Florida 3 star dog in him???”

Advertisement
Bo Jackson would like a word with you about “greatest athlete of our time”. Don’t forget that Bo was all-pro in 2 sports.
I know. No disrespect to Bo Knows. Its just that his career got cut short with the hip injury.

Won't go so far as to say he's a hypocrite, but Deion Sanders would absolutely hate to coach Deion Sanders. Sometimes you have to let talent just talent, and nobody exemplified that better than Deion.

Another excerpt.

For all his Jim Thorpe-esque skills, Sanders was sleeping-dog lazy. In practices, he went all-out every third or fourth play and refused to wear shoulder pads because, he would say, "I'm not gonna tackle anyone anyway." In meeting rooms, he was known to doodle and doze off. Told early on that Cowboys who refused to participate in the team's weight training regimen would be fined, Sanders dramatically whipped out his checkbook and jotted down a five-digit figure.

When Mike Woicik, the team's gruff strength and conditioning coach, complained about Sanders' indifference, Switzer sided with his new star. "We're talking about Deion Sanders here," Switzer told Woicik. "If he doesn't want to do something, he doesn't have to."

Up next you'll porst about how Lawrence Taylor used to miss much of training camp, show up late for meetings, and miss curfew because he was out doing blow with hookers.

Zzzzz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back