Cormani

Advertisement
Bullied and hazed….really? Where’s that article….never saw or heard about that, heck with all the hoopla surrounding Deion, if there was “bullying and hazing” happening, I’m sure it would’ve made national news and his contract likely terminated immediately.

Now, did he essentially tell players that they were no longer on the team….yes…..however the young
Men still had their scholarships so the education piece is 100% intact.

What gets lost in all of this, is that it is a privilege to play D1 Power 5 football. Deion did what’s being everywhere else in P5 football offices….he just did more of it and he’s loud about it.

As a Canes fan regarding NIL, you’ll relate to this: Deion is John Ruiz and 98% of other P5 coaches are our silent NIL contributors. Ppl begin to dislike Ruiz because of how “in your face” he was about UMs NIL game. Had Prime just sat back and moved in silence and did exactly the same thing as he did, there wouldn’t be a discussion about it.

While u are technically correct, schools generally automatically renew a year-to-year athletic scholarship as long as the student-athelete has no academic or conduct issues.

And Deion going on national TV and claiming that all those players "quit" and "dipped to the portal" when they were bullied and hazed off the team is not an NCAA issue.

Deion is a hypocrite and it's so obvious to the people that aren't riding his train.
Won't go so far as to say he's a hypocrite, but Deion Sanders would absolutely hate to coach Deion Sanders. Sometimes you have to let talent just talent, and nobody exemplified that better than Deion.

Another excerpt.

For all his Jim Thorpe-esque skills, Sanders was sleeping-dog lazy. In practices, he went all-out every third or fourth play and refused to wear shoulder pads because, he would say, "I'm not gonna tackle anyone anyway." In meeting rooms, he was known to doodle and doze off. Told early on that Cowboys who refused to participate in the team's weight training regimen would be fined, Sanders dramatically whipped out his checkbook and jotted down a five-digit figure.

When Mike Woicik, the team's gruff strength and conditioning coach, complained about Sanders' indifference, Switzer sided with his new star. "We're talking about Deion Sanders here," Switzer told Woicik. "If he doesn't want to do something, he doesn't have to."

Won't go so far as to say he's a hypocrite, but Deion Sanders would absolutely hate to coach Deion Sanders. Sometimes you have to let talent just talent, and nobody exemplified that better than Deion.

Another excerpt.

For all his Jim Thorpe-esque skills, Sanders was sleeping-dog lazy. In practices, he went all-out every third or fourth play and refused to wear shoulder pads because, he would say, "I'm not gonna tackle anyone anyway." In meeting rooms, he was known to doodle and doze off. Told early on that Cowboys who refused to participate in the team's weight training regimen would be fined, Sanders dramatically whipped out his checkbook and jotted down a five-digit figure.

When Mike Woicik, the team's gruff strength and conditioning coach, complained about Sanders' indifference, Switzer sided with his new star. "We're talking about Deion Sanders here," Switzer told Woicik. "If he doesn't want to do something, he doesn't have to."
These players are exceptions. The rest need structure

Advertisement

Another excerpt.

Switzer, riding Jimmy's coattails knew his days were numbered as soon as Jimmy's guys and culture were gone.

Bullied and hazed….really? Where’s that article….never saw or heard about that, heck with all the hoopla surrounding Deion, if there was “bullying and hazing” happening, I’m sure it would’ve made national news and his contract likely terminated immediately.

Now, did he essentially tell players that they were no longer on the team….yes…..however the young
Men still had their scholarships so the education piece is 100% intact.

What gets lost in all of this, is that it is a privilege to play D1 Power 5 football. Deion did what’s being everywhere else in P5 football offices….he just did more of it and he’s loud about it.

As a Canes fan regarding NIL, you’ll relate to this: Deion is John Ruiz and 98% of other P5 coaches are our silent NIL contributors. Ppl begin to dislike Ruiz because of how “in your face” he was about UMs NIL game. Had Prime just sat back and moved in silence and did exactly the same thing as he did, there wouldn’t be a discussion about it.
nah these things take time to no public, and usually not while things are going well

Good leaders usually criticize in private and praise in public.

Getting flashbacks of Gattass telling the reporter that TVD didn’t have the WRs #s and complaining about lack of WR talent

Don’t know a lot about Deion but after what I read on here about how he kicked Mark Pope off the team publicly and basically forced everyone to vote him off it seems like one of Deion’s strategies for controlling the locker room might be by creating public enemies to unite against and using fear of others to not join the outcast group.

Different ways to accomplish goals, but I’m glad our HC keeps those kinds of things private and doesn’t put himself above the team constantly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure why i would blame Sanders. Man has his style, i dont particularly like it but whatever. Unless he is a complete liar, possible as i dont know him and Pope, was basically saying he was dishonest, but otherwise, the stuff he criticized were not Cormani's ability.

If its as he said and missings meetings, late to meetings and not studying film etc...its totally on the player. Thats the shyyt that had us looking like garbage for years now. All it takes is 1 player to spoil a group and if the star player is the one doing it and nothing is done.....yall can see how it spreads to the rest of the team and you end up 5-7.
No inside info but I have a feeling that whole CU/Deion thing is gonna implode over something. Just feels like a house of cards.

Another excerpt.

There were reports that because of stuff like this, he and Troy Aikman clashed as teammates. Troy was big on structure...

Switzer, riding Jimmy's coattails knew his days were numbered as soon as Jimmy's guys and culture were gone.
Amazing how ego can get in your way. Who knows how many rings the Cowboys have if Jimmy was allowed to stay on longer. Jerry probably gets another ring or two if he didn't fire JJ.

Advertisement
putting my personal feeling aside on this young man, my firm belief is that players need to go to the programs/schools that best fit them, and the ones they want to be at- because they are the ones who have to be out there by themselves, basically

If it's just about NIL, well...you're going to have a lot of disgruntled people. They'll have plenty of time the rest of their lives to be at places/jobs they dont want to be at, solely for money

My view is make the best possible deal with the program you like the best. You only get one college experience, and I would hope these guys get the best out of it. Every UM player I know (that graduated, and most of them did), whether they had an NFL career or not, are very satisfied with their experience and love the school to this day. They are more than satisfied with their choice.It's great to see. And this was pre-NIL.

Others have told me that they were glad there was no transfer portal, because at the end of the day/career, they were glad they stuck it out at Miami

As for Cormani, if he tries or wants to transfer to Miami, my hope is that Mario Cristobal says 'thanks, but GTFO!!' and throws him out the house like Uncle Phil did Jaz. A Miami scholarship offer and commitment has to mean something

Yeah, call me Richard and Tom -- becuase Im super petty

Another excerpt.

I find it hard to believe anyone can just talent their way into the HOF. Him being “sleeping-dog lazy” just sounds like hating

Advertisement
putting my personal feeling aside on this young man, my firm belief is that players need to go to the programs/schools that best fit them, and the ones they want to be at- because they are the ones who have to be out there by themselves, basically

If it's just about NIL, well...you're going to have a lot of disgruntled people. They'll have plenty of time the rest of their lives to be at places/jobs they dont want to be at, solely for money

My view is make the best possible deal with the program you like the best. You only get one college experience, and I would hope these guys get the best out of it. Every UM player I know (that graduated, and most of them did), whether they had an NFL career or not, are very satisfied with their experience and love the school to this day. They are more than satisfied with their choice.It's great to see. And this was pre-NIL.

Others have told me that they were glad there was no transfer portal, because at the end of the day/career, they were glad they stuck it out at Miami

As for Cormani, if he tries or wants to transfer to Miami, my hope is that Mario Cristobal says 'thanks, but GTFO!!' and throws him out the house like Uncle Phil did Jaz. A Miami scholarship offer and commitment has to mean something

Yeah, call me Richard and Tom -- becuase Im super petty
I feel you Steve. I dont have any inside information but I disagree with the notion that Cormani really didnt want to go to Colorado or he was forced to from other posters.

I remember those youtube videos in the offseason from cormani living it up in colorado. I remember trying to flex on us during a planned visit to do that barstool Colorado bull****.

He chose to be a Colorado buffalo. Our shipped has sailed if it was me, too.

I feel you Steve. I dont have any inside information but I disagree with the notion that Cormani really didnt want to go to Colorado or he was forced to from other posters.

I remember those youtube videos in the offseason from cormani living it up in colorado. I remember trying to flex on us during a planned visit to do that barstool Colorado bull****.

He chose to be a Colorado buffalo. Our shipped has sailed if it was me, too.

yeah, you could be right, I mean, I was stunned when he first committed to Miami. It just felt off somehow

Advertisement
Back