Cormani

Advertisement
So I ruffled some feathers... again... we will re-visit this. His "team" is comprised of self-indulgent people that only care about themselves. I actually feel for the guy, but now is growing up time! I won't take back my thoughts, I am allowed to have an opinion, but I hope I'm wrong.
Just take the L. You have no factual basis to make the claim that dude is bound for jail.

There’s no place like that here. We are not like UF or other SEC schools that don’t get a kid and then disparage him by saying he’s a thug (because he’s from Miami or a rough area).

Do ******* better!

Advertisement
UF would take this kid in a heartbeat just to pound their chest and scream “He always wanted to be a gaytor”. He’ll be close to mama and if/when he doesn’t play there either, he’ll be at sum G5 school. 5 star bust who transfers school to school because it’s never his fault. That’s just how I’m seeing this playing out…

Advertisement
Kid is only a freshman and will likely red shirt. Kids can change. Prime is handling it the right way. Before he becomes a good to great football player he is making Cormani a responsible young adult. You may be talented but your not respectful and dedicated. You can't have the ultimate success without both.

Yep. No one's bigger than the program. And, I don't blame Mario if he got petty about it and said no to Cormani trying to come back. His cautionary tale could very well (and maybe already is) pave the way for a lot of elite kids in the future and instruct them on how to handle themselves.

The big thing with Cormani isn't where he decided to go, but how he handled it. It's not grown man behavior, that's for sure. In the meantime, our 5 Star frosh is ripping it up on a very good team with a very high ceiling.

all true. ☝️

there's immaturity. which is to be expected, and is just one stage on the path to growing into a fully formed human being.

and then, .... there's being an irreparable condom head.

I'm pretty sure which one cormani is.

This is the kind of kid that may benefit by going to an HBCU. Where maybe football is not THEE top priority but important enough. Seems like the kid could use some balance in his life. Expose him to a large network of successful black men and women outside of football, that have the flexibility to heavily invest time and mentorship to this young man. Help him reach his potential on and off the field. I wish this kid the best. Too young to just toss him to the side. Just go on and redshirt the season, transfer somewhere that will cultivate Cormani the whole man and not just the player. Get bigger, stronger and grow mentally. He has time. Its what he does with it that counts. He is one of MANY kids that need time to grow. Like puberty, some get there faster than others. But just get there.

Advertisement
This is the kind of kid that may benefit by going to an HBCU. Where maybe football is not THEE top priority but important enough. Seems like the kid could use some balance in his life. Expose him to a large network of successful black men and women outside of football, that have the flexibility to heavily invest time and mentorship to this young man. Help him reach his potential on and off the field. I wish this kid the best. Too young to just toss him to the side. Just go on and redshirt the season, transfer somewhere that will cultivate Cromani the whole man and not just the player. Get bigger, stronger and grow mentally. He has time. Its what he does with it that counts. He is one of MANY kids that need time to grow. Like puberty, some get there faster than others. But just get there.
Outside of athletics, you see it with smart kids. They can get by figuring out how to do well enough on tests that they can half *** their homework. Then the work gets harder and they struggle. This is where, just like Cormani, they need to be shown how to put in the work and they need to recognize how important that part of it is.

This is the kind of kid that may benefit by going to an HBCU. Where maybe football is not THEE top priority but important enough. Seems like the kid could use some balance in his life. Expose him to a large network of successful black men and women outside of football, that have the flexibility to heavily invest time and mentorship to this young man. Help him reach his potential on and off the field. I wish this kid the best. Too young to just toss him to the side. Just go on and redshirt the season, transfer somewhere that will cultivate Cormani the whole man and not just the player. Get bigger, stronger and grow mentally. He has time. Its what he does with it that counts. He is one of MANY kids that need time to grow. Like puberty, some get there faster than others. But just get there.
How would a black college help him more than any other type of college? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

Kid is only a freshman and will likely red shirt. Kids can change. Prime is handling it the right way. Before he becomes a good to great football player he is making Cormani a responsible young adult. You may be talented but you’re not respectful and dedicated. You can't have the ultimate success without both.
Time will tell if Prime is handling this the right way. He already publicly through him under the bus once. Kids these days don’t reasons well to that. This is more likely headed towards a Pope situation than a kid straightening up situation.

Advertisement
Coach Prime thought he was getting Louis and got Ozark Trail instead.

1695763167591.png

How would a black college help him more than any other type of college? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

I have no room to try to lecture you on your opinion, because I am a black man and I honestly used to share the same opinion as you. It’s shameful to admit that because after actually doing research and talking with numerous people about it, i was incredibly ignorant. Do i believe an HBCU is for everyone in the black community? No. But what I learned is that some of them do seem quite successful at helping black students and so maybe it isn’t an answer for Cormani but I wouldn’t bet against some of those schools. At the end of the day, its all speculation on what the young man is missing in relation to some of his peers.

IMG_4367.jpeg

Last edited:

Can't help but think about this excerpt from the great book "Boys Will Be Boys" about Switzers Cowboys from the great Jeff Pearlman.

Who were the Dallas Cowboys becoming?

"I still remember Deion's first team meeting," says Clayton Holmes, the veteran cornerback. "We were so fundamental about film. The way we studied it was critical. Well, Deion comes in, puts his feet up on a table and doesn't even watch." When Dave Campo, the Cowboys new defensive coordinator, asked the $35 million man to break down a play, Sanders let out a sly laugh. "Hey, Coach," he said, pointing toward the screen, "I got that dude right there. Wherever he goes I go. All that Cover Two stuff you're talking about -- y'all work that out."

Advertisement
Back