Cormani

People say he's the GOAT.

But he finished his career with about twelve tackles. And half of those were pushing guys out of bounds.
It's actually 270 solo tackles, but who's counting. Besides, it's hard to tackle because QBs know better than to throw in Prime's direction. Cover skills, son.

Advertisement
I wanted him here, but personally I watched him in person and wasn't that impressed.

He's long, decently athletic, but that's about it. I thought he was a zone Corner and didn't have the feet nor the dawg to play any type of man on a regular basis or move laterally. (which is what tall CB's usually struggle with)
I think he got his high ranking for the same reason Tavares McFadden from Heritage did.

On top of that, he didn't play anybody.
I'm taking Brown from Heritage all day over McClain, **** the rankings. I'm willing to bet that Brown has the better college career. I was actually looking forward to seeing how both develop at Miami.

IMO that central FLA **** is generally weak...especially at the skill positions.
McClain would've got his a$s tore up down here.

Just my opinion, and always has been. No sour grapes.
Maybe I'll end up wrong.

Orange-Seminole-Osceola and Hillsborough-Plant are strong, but the surrounding counties have a big drop-off. Volusia and Polk County competition is not as strong because they haven't increased the size of the high school enrollments to match Orlando and Tampa metro high schools.

I think you are right about QBs in Central Florida, I don't feel that we have a strong base for any sort of QB tutoring or academy development. RB is strong, and WR is decent, but is impacted by not producing a lot of great QBs in Central Florida.

Used to work with Thad Busby's wife, he is a coach at Seabreeze, but you still don't see any good QB play coming out of that school. He really should move to a HS in Orlando, but her family has deep connections in Daytona/Ormond.

This kid lost me with ditching our whole coaching staff visiting him. Yet again we are undefeated against recruits that troll us during the recruiting process. His own people set him up for failure.

Yep. It's like the entire family is a horrific mashup of the cast of Jersey Shore, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Clearly, you see that freak show, and you realize western civilization is in a lot of trouble

What I’m seeing for sure is that he’s getting manhandled, it may be a strength and development issue, but he does not look ready to play college football. Receivers are literally ragdolling him at the line of scrimmage or a few yards out. Whatever his confidence issues are, the fact that they can mop the floor with him in practice means he’s not ready.

also, for all the nonsense about Deion being such a good tutor of CB's, everything about his technique is shockingly mediocre.

look at his stance, his hand position, his drop steps, the way he flips. yes, he can run, and he has great natural length. .... but everything about him screams he's a 7th grader at his second music lesson on the trombone.

@Memnon @Stevo365 .... jump in here.

Advertisement
You play games - sometimes you get played.
Game Show Hustler GIF by ABC Network
Safe to say Cormani got played..

It's actually 270 solo tackles, but who's counting. Besides, it's hard to tackle because QBs know better than to throw in Prime's direction. Cover skills, son.

"Bovine excrement"

Rod Woodson, who had DB skills equal to Coach Slime, and probably deserves the GOAT CB moniker, finished with 530 solo tackles and over 100 assisted. QB's weren't exactly looking to throw his way either. Cover skills, son. :cool:

Advertisement
Haven’t you heard? Coach Grime has already conquered college football after just three games. It was in yesterday’s Wall Street Journal.

That’s what I love about Grime Time, he knows how to move fast. Just like in his playing days, fast as lightning when running back an interception for a touchdown, or even faster and much more commonly, running away from making a tackle.

He forced out much of the existing team. No one talks about the dozens of players who were figuratively told to take a hike. It was a ruthlessness that set a horrible precedent for the future.

Let's say Urban Meyer is somehow hired by Baylor, which looks this year to have a team that could go 0-12.

There's no IC scholarship limit in 2024. I can easily imagine that Meyer could do the same, force out about 79 players and bring in everyone from the transfer portal. Deion set the precedent.

It worked in 3 games. It doesn't mean it was right.

He forced out much of the existing team. No one talks about the dozens of players who were figuratively told to take a hike. It was a ruthlessness that set a horrible precedent for the future.

Let's say Urban Meyer is somehow hired by Baylor, which looks this year to have a team that could go 0-12.

There's no IC scholarship limit in 2024. I can easily imagine that Meyer could do the same, force out about 79 players and bring in everyone from the transfer portal. Deion set the precedent.

It worked in 3 games. It doesn't mean it was right.
well said. the media is universally ignoring this issue. there should be some expected roster turnover after a coaching change but the extent this guy purged the roster should be a big problem for people who believe college athletics should be about more than just win at all costs.

Your issue is with the NCAA, not Deion. It's legal & works both ways. Scholarships are year-to-year. There is no loyalty from players, coaches or schools. Too much money involved.. Now, it's just business.

Advertisement
Did u really change ur moniker to "Coach Prime"? What's the attraction? I'm just curious.

And ESPN fellating MEion even further is no shock. I've never seen more hype for a program that has barely beaten three terrible, undisciplined teams. Guess they have to get it in before Oregon and USC gut them.

Your issue is with the NCAA, not Deion. It's legal & works both ways. Scholarships are year-to-year. There is no loyalty from players, coaches or schools. Too much money involved.. Now, it's just business.
While u are technically correct, schools generally automatically renew a year-to-year athletic scholarship as long as the student-athelete has no academic or conduct issues.

And Deion going on national TV and claiming that all those players "quit" and "dipped to the portal" when they were bullied and hazed off the team is not an NCAA issue.

Advertisement
While u are technically correct, schools generally automatically renew a year-to-year athletic scholarship as long as the student-athlete has no academic or conduct issues. And Deion going on national TV and claiming that all those players "quit" and "dipped to the portal" when they were bullied and hazed off the team is not an NCAA issue.
Athletes used to renew on their end as well. Times have changed. Now it's what's best for the individual. Players, coaches, schools. Sad but fair IMO.

Deion's claim is a lie. I find it bothersome but to each his own. I'm old school.

Did u really change ur moniker to "Coach Prime"? What's the attraction? I'm just curious.

And ESPN fellating MEion even further is no shock. I've never seen more hype for a program that has barely beaten three terrible, undisciplined teams. Guess they have to get it in before Oregon and USC gut them.
Well, it's not the first time. I just have a short attention span.

1695316513338.png

Advertisement
Back