Construction on New Football Facility

Advertisement
Well D$ has reliable information and just this week he said that facilities have gone way down the priority list and that NIL is a lot more important.

Here we go again. "So-and-so said such-and-such, yada yada yada".

For the millionth time....this is NOT "one or the other".

"The priority list" is based on a lot of other issues, including other construction projects going on in close proximity. Why do people have to be such soft-shouldered simps when it comes to this issue.

Name ONE OTHER building project at UM that has ever been completed within 2-3 years of announcement. I'll wait. I'm fascinated. I can't name a single one in the last 40 years.

We are just about to start working on "the facilities". Some of them. Not all of them. So let's not generalize, and let's not base all of our thoughts on something DMoney said, which may have been intentionally vague and/or misinterpreted by the masses.

Since nearly the beginning, I've said that an aggressive timeline would be difficult, given the much higher priority on the dorms. But, hey, what does a UM alum with 3 degrees know about UM's construction priorities?

Advertisement
Would love to see UM make those renderings come to fruition but the truth of the matter is...kids/recruits generally don't give a **** about that stuff. (anymore)

We're in the NIL era. These kids are negotiating the bag and aren't worried about state of the art locker rooms. At least that's what I gather from my perspective. I never hear these kids talk about facilities.

It's cool to have but it won't take precedent over NIL money and winning.
We're already out-recruiting (out-bidding) schools with much nicer facilities than ours, and we're not even winning yet.

Would love to see UM make those renderings come to fruition but the truth of the matter is...kids/recruits generally don't give a **** about that stuff. (anymore)

We're in the NIL era. These kids are negotiating the bag and aren't worried about state of the art locker rooms. At least that's what I gather from my perspective. I never hear these kids talk about facilities.

It's cool to have but it won't take precedent over NIL money and winning.
We're already out-recruiting (out-bidding) schools with much nicer facilities than ours, and we're not even winning yet.

That may well be true, but UM needs to build new facilities just because they need new facilities. The Hecht was too small and outdated in the 1980s, we need more square footage. We just do.

Having said that, the ONLY thing that could possibly impact the budget is NOT NIL, but the NCAA settlement and what the new world will look like going forward. It would be nice to have smarter fans that mention THAT, instead of "but NIL, bro".

I would be glad to see the whole "facilities arms race" declared over and done with, but I'd be willing to bet that "NIL/pay-for-play" arms race just replaces it. Miami has always done "more with less" since the 1980s, but I think it's time to finally renovate that side of campus.

That may well be true, but UM needs to build new facilities just because they need new facilities. The Hecht was too small and outdated in the 1980s, we need more square footage. We just do.

Having said that, the ONLY thing that could possibly impact the budget is NOT NIL, but the NCAA settlement and what the new world will look like going forward. It would be nice to have smarter fans that mention THAT, instead of "but NIL, bro".

I would be glad to see the whole "facilities arms race" declared over and done with, but I'd be willing to bet that "NIL/pay-for-play" arms race just replaces it. Miami has always done "more with less" since the 1980s, but I think it's time to finally renovate that side of campus.
You're right.

Advertisement
He ain't it? I guess you forgot what he did at Oregon. We've had back to back top 10 classes with 5-7, and 7-6 seasons. What do you think is going to happen in recruiting when we win 10+? Mario is a program builder.

Mario is exactly what Miami needed. When he wins 10+ this year, you can banish yourself from CIS.
Think he was referring to JD because they were talking about baseball just before that comment.

Advertisement
Facilities shmacilities. Use that money for NIL

UM in 2 years

1000004100.jpg

Advertisement
Miami has built so many new buildings. I don’t see NIL being a dealbreaker for upgrading what is seen as a national recognition opportunity (success on the field).

WHY IS THAT NOT THE FOCUS EVERY YEAR IN EVERY SPORT?
Because from a high level perspective you generally try to balance your attention between short term (example: NIL) and long term (Cap X) goals.

When a guy like Cam Ward jumps on board, plus the need to be a viable candidate for conference expansion the focus gets shifted. As it should.

Advertisement
Because from a high level perspective you generally try to balance your attention between short term (example: NIL) and long term (Cap X) goals.

When a guy like Cam Ward jumps on board, plus the need to be a viable candidate for conference expansion the focus gets shifted. As it should.
I am not talking about NIL vs. Construction. I am talking about this new "win now" bull**** we are hearing ... the teams themselves should always be in win now mode.. Do we think LSU's teams are not in win now mode in baseball, gymnastics, football, women's basketball... I am watching the LSU v. UNC baseball game, the coaches at LSU met with their top 2 portal pitchers within roughly 48 hours of winning the College World Series last year...

Data shows winning in football increases revenue, enrollment, etc...

Brain dead fans getting information from different insiders … while others pound their fists for people asking questions..

Fascinating…

"People asking questions". Yeah, that's what it is. Has nothing to do with people making baseless speculation and/or false statements, but whatever.

How about we just have the nitwits "ask questions" every couple of days? I'm sure the construction timetable will be changing exactly that frequently.

We are building dorms. Then parking. Then the football building. If anything changes, I'll be sure to notify you first.

Stop playing into the Mopers' game.

It is not an "either/or". There has been no shift of focus. Miami has the donors, the money, and the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Advertisement
Back