Construction on New Football Facility

Advertisement
They are not going to build it. UM needs all of the capital they can muster. Football had to choose between a strong, endowed NIL program or the facility (yes, I know they are separate, but again, the forsaken revenue concept).

We will see who is correct in two years.

Am confident that UM's NIL program will remain elite in the years to come.

They had to obtain a 20-year loan to complete the basketball facility, and Mark Light was already dated upon its most recent renovation because A-Rod was the sole significant donor.

Let me ask you this. Are they showing drawings of the purported facility to recruits today? The answer is, "no".

Advertisement
They are not going to build it. UM needs all of the capital they can muster. Football had to choose between a strong, endowed NIL program or the facility (yes, I know they are separate, but again, the forsaken revenue concept).

They had to obtain a 20-year loan to complete the basketball facility, and Mark Light was already dated upon its most recent renovation because A-Rod was the sole significant donor.

Let me ask you this. Are they showing drawings of the purported facility to recruits today? The answer is, "no".
23 posts in 7 years. You would think you’d have planned your bull**** better

You are wrong on multiple levels but done responding to your crap

You are the reason I’m ok if ai takes over

All anyone needs to know to evaluate the bull**** you post is that you are whining about Miami needing a 20 year loan for the basketball facility…over 20 years ago.

If you can’t acknowledge that there a lot more wealthy donors funding UM capital campaigns these days, and that the success of UHealth has fundamentally changed UM’s balance sheet, then you should be exposed as the liar you are.

UM needs all the capital it can muster…hilarious…

All anyone needs to know to evaluate the bull**** you post is that you are whining about Miami needing a 20 year loan for the basketball facility…over 20 years ago.

If you can’t acknowledge that there a lot more wealthy donors funding UM capital campaigns these days, and that the success of UHealth has fundamentally changed UM’s balance sheet, then you should be exposed as the liar you are.

UM needs all the capital it can muster…hilarious…
Frank Haith isn’t walking through that door.

NIL is "forsaken" revenue (i.e. donations that UM could use elsewhere). The construction of the dorms and NIL are both examples of forsaken revenue.

UM cannot and will not invest $300M in a football facility, unless a donor that has not traditionally donated and has a marked interest in football, donates the vast majority of the funds.

They are not going to build it. Not in this economic climate. If you do have contacts on the BoT, then ask them.
Stop talking about the dorms buddy.

The dorms are financed with long term debt, are cash flow positive, and have nothing to do with the athletic department.

Advertisement
So I was old man jogging around campus on Wednesday and Stanford Residential College is not long for this world. I don't think they are going to detonate, just keep slogging away with these giant crane pick/plows.

1721584917843.webp

1721584967328.webp

So I was old man jogging around campus on Wednesday and Stanford Residential College is not long for this world. I don't think they are going to detonate, just keep slogging away with these giant crane pick/plows.

View attachment 295760

View attachment 295761

Yes, I spoke to someone at UM, and apparently they are no longer doing those "controlled implosion" detonations.

They are just going to keep ripping from the inside and allowing everything to drop inward. Takes a little longer, but based on the original construction date ot the Towers (and rumors I've heard in the past), there may be some asbestos involved.

Hopefully they are done by the time College Gameday comes down for Miami-F$U...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back