MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

They can afford to do whatever they want. It’s 50 mil/year from the tv deal alone. Anything else they get from any conference is extra sugar in the coffee.
They got to the playoffs with a mid team while being independent just because they’re notre dame. Viewership trumps everything.

If they do well this year it’s even more viewership numbers they get to leverage. They’re gonna ask for full membership status regardless of where they go.

This is why it’s imperative that we do well this year and show we still command an audience.

There will be a lot of revenue streams to exploit if we show that we are a legit national brand.
They won’t join the ACC. I can tell you that right now. If they didn’t after the 2020 season no reason for them to do it now

Advertisement
Chicago to one of the SF airports could not be easier for commercial

Flying direct is a huge part of what makes travel easier. Also, they can get direct flights to SFO from South Bend. To get to Tally I believe they had to either change 2X or drive to Chicago and change once. Chicago is 2.5 hours.

Really not the point. Only point was that Notre Dame would bail on the ACC as soon as the Big offered a similar deal. They are never likely joining the ACC for all sports as the original poster opinedZ

Advertisement
Flying direct is a huge part of what makes travel easier. Also, they can get direct flights to SFO from South Bend. To get to Tally I believe they had to either change 2X or drive to Chicago and change once. Chicago is 2.5 hours.

Really not the point. Only point was that Notre Dame would bail on the ACC as soon as the Big offered a similar deal. They are never likely joining the ACC for all sports as the original poster opinedZ

You guys are BELABORING a point that makes no SENSE. South bend requires one STOP in Atlanta or Dallas to get to Trailerhassee.

There are no direct FLIGHTS from South Bend to Miami, either. And I doubt there are ANY to NorCal form south bench. This isn’t the DUNK you all want it to be. Move on.

So UM becoming a basketball school is actually a good thing

hmmm GIF
A year ago makes sense. After last season? Basketball school? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Did they even get an NIT invite? Poor Coach L had so many guys jumping ship as soon as the season was over, they better have a revolving door out of the basketball offices.

I’m not understanding your initial point that I responded to.

Advertisement
Chicago to one of the SF airports could not be easier for commercial flights.
Chicago to San Fran a 4.5 hour flight plus approx hour drive to either campus. Chicago to Atlanta 2 hours plus 45 min flight to Tallahassee. No drive. It may suck going to Tallahassee but it's never easy going into California.

Chicago to San Fran a 4.5 hour flight plus approx hour drive to either campus. Chicago to Atlanta 2 hours plus 45 min flight to Tallahassee. No drive. It may suck going to Tallahassee but it's never easy going into California.
This isn’t going to be my CIS detour, but you are completely ignoring the time for a layover and cost of flying into a smaller airport, and the fact that Oakland Airport is 20-30 from Cal and San Jose the same to Stanford. Plus… direct and plentiful flight times. I wouldn’t have voted them in but this isn’t the hill.

Advertisement
The corollary between South Bend regional AND whether it’s a direct flight OR requires a stop. That’s what is determining thr FUTURE of college athletics. Dumb convo. Guess we’re ****ed. They have to stop in Atlanta for us just like Clemson, fsu, and wake forest.

Advertisement
You guys are BELABORING a point that makes no SENSE. South bend requires one STOP in Atlanta or Dallas to get to Trailerhassee.

There are no direct FLIGHTS from South Bend to Miami, either. And I doubt there are ANY to NorCal form south bench. This isn’t the DUNK you all want it to be. Move on
One day someone will post a message that combines airport travel, wet bulb temperature, and the importance of switching to Nike- and it will cause a rip in the space time continuum.
Need to include "the best chicken chain" then it would be complete.

Advertisement
Back