MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Since all schools use charter, I don't see why getting to Tallahassee from South Bend should be any different than going to Palo Alto.

That's fine for one plane.

But then you have equipment, you have support staff, you have alums and fans...

It is not easy to fly a lot of people into smaller airports. I had a lot of knowledge of these things from my time at NASCAR. A lot of stuff is sent via truck or bus for the shorter distances. ND will need more flights for the west coast trips, but there will be plenty of flight times.

That's fine for one plane.

But then you have equipment, you have support staff, you have alums and fans...

It is not easy to fly a lot of people into smaller airports. I had a lot of knowledge of these things from my time at NASCAR. A lot of stuff is sent via truck or bus for the shorter distances. ND will need more flights for the west coast trips, but there will be plenty of flight times.
Don’t colleges do something similar to NASCAR and send equipment ahead of the team?

Don’t colleges do something similar to NASCAR and send equipment ahead of the team?

Yes, to a degree. We might ship the stuff by play for, say, Boston College, and likely by bus or truck for closer games.

Wasn't trying to derail things. You had one good-faith poster share something that he was told by the ND AD, and all of a sudden a bunch of logistical experts showed up to try to tell us about charter flights.

The reality is more complicated. Not impossible. Just trickier and more expensive. If the ND AD doesn't want to travel to Tallahassee, that's his prerogative.

At NASCAR, we had a fleet of private planes AND haulers AND fancy RVs. We had a wide variety of logistical options for all of the small-town tracks.

Advertisement
This is one of the crazier takes I’ve read. Dookies to SEC?!

If UM ended up in the Big12 and Duke in the SEC, I think I’d just pick a new sport to watch.

Of all the wild scenarios I’ve heard over the last couple of months, Duke going to the SEC is the wildest. No way in **** those sanctimonious people at Duke would slum it in the SEC. They’re one of the few high profile schools in the country that absolutely doesn’t need football to rake in the cash.

Advertisement
Of all the wild scenarios I’ve heard over the last couple of months, Duke going to the SEC is the wildest. No way in **** those sanctimonious people at Duke would slum it in the SEC. They’re one of the few high profile schools in the country that absolutely doesn’t need football to rake in the cash.
******* DELULU.

People have long passed "Charles Manson bad acid trip" at this point.

Keep it real for John Wayne International Airport partners.
100%
Its Over Basketball GIF by NBA

Will be interesting to see what comments the FSU BOT Chair, Peter Collins, has to make today at noon when he addresses the Capital Tiger Bay Club in Tallahassee. His listed topics are " The FSU Changing landscape, Status of the ACC litigation, and other Nole related issues". Guys on Warchant are hoping for, if not an announcement, some hint that one is coming.

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see what comments the FSU BOT Chair, Peter Collins, has to make today at noon when he addresses the Capital Tiger Bay Club in Tallahassee. His listed topics are " The FSU Changing landscape, Status of the ACC litigation, and other Nole related issues". Guys on Warchant are hoping for, if not an announcement, some hint that one is coming.

Must be nice...

What'd you think about Fluguaer pouring cold water on "FSU to the B1G" speculation with his suggestion the SEC would take its top four choices in the ACC before the B1G did anything?

Advertisement
What'd you think about Fluguaer pouring cold water on "FSU to the B1G" speculation with his suggestion the SEC would take its top four choices in the ACC before the B1G did anything?
I can't even listen to that guy ... he sounds like he is mentally challenged. Don't believe he has ANY legit information even on yesterday's weather.

Advertisement
Back