MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Once FSU and Clemson go to whichever P2 conference takes them, any chance the bigger name individual non-P2 schools come together as a group and sue the P2 for the set up of the CFP?

Nothing could be done with conference TV deals, each one sets up their own. Having the CFP payouts weighted not on number of participants, but simply on conference is bs. Yes, I know all conferences agreed on it. However, I'm talking about individual schools fighting it in court together. Of course, they would have to go in with the guts to hold out of the playoff if need be so it's probably moot.

Just an idea if Miami is left out of the P2. In addition to having tens of millions less each year in TV revenue than the P2 teams, Miami will also have less chance to make it in than a P2 school based on perception, but more importantly, get $8M less per year in playoff payouts compared to a Vandy or Illinois.

Advertisement
That is the concern ... it is going to be a major recruiting disadvantage being in the B12 going against the P2 as during that period they will DOMINATE prime time OTA TV broadcasts. Winning games is about fielding the strongest roster of the most talented players. Even NOW the SEC dominates as the prime destination for 4-5 star athletes, with the B10 second and the ACC 3rd (due to FSU, Clemson and Miami). The B12 is a distant 4th, and will probably become #3 after FSU / Clemson leave, possibly along with others.

I have read some crazy comments regarding B12 interest IN Miami. Some speculating that Miami would be paid above the regular B12 teams, might even pay the ACC exit fee (that was pure speculation I believe). But if they DO go that route ... they have to be sure there is an out if / when the P2 calls. FSU fans are already giddy with the expectation "When Miami goes to the B12 ... the kiddy table ... we will be able to move in and lock up recruiting for all of those elite SFL recruits ... Miami will die on the vine".
It ain't going to be easy but **** those mother ****ers

Maybe we can also ban people who call other people “trolls" for making a well reasoned comment that goes against the pollyannish narrative (and then the “troll" turns out to be correct).

Or maybe you should just focus on your reign as the King of Bullsh!t Mountain and don’t take on the additional role of Thread Police.
I want you to look to the poster beside you and say I'm the baddest mother ****** you know!

This. It's all spin.

The pleadings filed by FSU on the ESPN contract are also just an argument. Doesn't mean its 100% true. The court cases will eventually get to the bottom of all of this, unless ESPN pushes a settlement in the interim. And that seems unlikely. And it's not going to get resolved on the time-line set forth here or on Warchant. It will be years.

But the arguments are entertaining.
It's going to take three mother ******* things.

Advertisement
Maybe we can also ban people who call other people “trolls" for making a well reasoned comment that goes against the pollyannish narrative (and then the “troll" turns out to be correct).

Or maybe you should just focus on your reign as the King of Bullsh!t Mountain and don’t take on the additional role of Thread Police.
Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

Advertisement
Right ... ND is just standing around waiting to help the leftover ACC teams join up with a bunch of other B12 leftovers to form a "new power conference"!! Believe we should have a RULE to continue this thread ... anybody that brings up adding ND to anything for any reason is banned.
If I had 20 hours to kill, I would find and quote each of the 100x you said in these 1,000 pages that Miami was leaving by X date and/or FSU was leaving by Y date. Clown Show.

Advertisement

Look in the mirror o sensitive one.

If I had 20 hours to kill, I would find and quote each of the 100x you said in these 1,000 pages that Miami was leaving by X date and/or FSU was leaving by Y date. Clown Show.
Pretty sure what you're going to find is that FSU will announce by 8/15/24. Before OR/WA joined the B10 there was a strong belief that Miami was headed to the B10 for 25/26 along with FSU. OR/WA joining the B10 changed the dynamics of B10 addition candidates / priorities dramatically. And, ND is not joining any "revival group" made up of ACC / B12 leftovers to form a "P3" group.

Pretty sure what you're going to find is that FSU will announce by 8/15/24. Before OR/WA joined the B10 there was a strong belief that Miami was headed to the B10 for 25/26 along with FSU. OR/WA joining the B10 changed the dynamics of B10 addition candidates / priorities dramatically. And, ND is not joining any "revival group" made up of ACC / B12 leftovers to form a "P3" group.
This is the reason why people are still confident in the B1G. The only question is how much the dynamic changed. We know the SEC wants UNC, the big question is that if they're forced to take NC St. too, that leaves Clemson to the B1G and us outside looking in. Now if the the hard limit of 20 teams isn't as hard as thought, could an AAU school like GT make the cut?

Advertisement
This is the reason why people are still confident in the B1G. The only question is how much the dynamic changed. We know the SEC wants UNC, the big question is that if they're forced to take NC St. too, that leaves Clemson to the B1G and us outside looking in. Now if the the hard limit of 20 teams isn't as hard as thought, could an AAU school like GT make the cut?
GT to the B10 brings in a new geographic market and carriage fees, and a growing state. There is no real solid clue as to program priorities due to the fact that the "decision" isn't made solely by B10 presidents, but FOX carries a lot of weight. To get over 20 now there would be "dilution" as more teams are added unless FOX agrees to pay more for a specific school. Their next media contract is somewhere around 2030 and that could allow for more teams.

Advertisement
Back