MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
I honestly don't know how the B1G got so big. For the most part they've sucked outside of UM, OSU, and occasionally MSU. Even then they'd get exposed in bowl games. They really snuck up on me. The ACC really turned itself into a piece of **** for no reason.
They all have big alumni bases and football is big in the Midwest. Wisconsin has blown us out three straight times in bowl games and Iowa wins some games too. Penn State would be upper tier in ACC.

I honestly don't know how the B1G got so big. For the most part they've sucked outside of UM, OSU, and occasionally MSU. Even then they'd get exposed in bowl games. They really snuck up on me. The ACC really turned itself into a piece of **** for no reason.
There is a bu$ine$$ side you are overlooking, the schools have huge alumni bases and while the ACC/pac thought they were in an alliance with b1g, their head guy was poaching top teams ruthlessly, survival of fittest. Acc tried to play nice guy role.. get ****ed

Our issue isn't whether the Big 10 is interested in us. They very clearly are, per the public reporting on them vetting us and prior comments on this thread. The issue, rather, is whether there is a hard cap at 20 teams until 2030. The Oregon and Washington acquisitions changed the game, and altered a lot of timelines. No one thought the PAC 12 would collapse. Now, if there is a hard cap, then there's only two spots which makes things more precarious. Conversely, if they're going to add four teams, then we're golden.

Also, I think a lot of people in this discussion are undervaluing what the SEC is up to. Sankey's not gonna just stand by and let the BIG 10 poach FSU, Clemson, and UNC. The BIG already has the northeast, midwest, and west coast. The SEC doesn't want to just be a super regional conference. Look at the top programs (those that have competed for and have won national championships) that each conference has. To me, the Big 10 adding FSU, Clemson, and UNC ahead of us isn't realistic, because the SEC is going to poach one or two of those teams. I wouldn't be surprised - when all is said and done - if Clemson and FSU end up in the SEC, while us and UNC ended up in the Big 10.

Advertisement
Our issue isn't whether the Big 10 is interested in us. They very clearly are, per the public reporting on them vetting us and prior comments on this thread. The issue, rather, is whether there is a hard cap at 20 teams until 2030. The Oregon and Washington acquisitions changed the game, and altered a lot of timelines. No one thought the PAC 12 would collapse. Now, if there is a hard cap, then there's only two spots which makes things more precarious. Conversely, if they're going to add four teams, then we're golden.

Also, I think a lot of people in this discussion are undervaluing what the SEC is up to. Sankey's not gonna just stand by and let the BIG 10 poach FSU, Clemson, and UNC. The BIG already has the northeast, midwest, and west coast. The SEC doesn't want to just be a super regional conference. Look at the top programs (those that have competed for and have won national championships) that each conference has. To me, the Big 10 adding FSU, Clemson, and UNC ahead of us isn't realistic, because the SEC is going to poach one or two of those teams. I wouldn't be surprised - when all is said and done - if Clemson and FSU end up in the SEC, while us and UNC ended up in the Big 10.
I don’t think the SEC lets UNC go, they are their top priority.

Oh sure. You people and the "Earth is round" and "we landed on the moon" bull****.

Q: How can you land a rocket ship on something made of cheese?

A: You can’t

winning independence day GIF by IFC

Advertisement
I don’t think the SEC lets UNC go, they are their top priority.
I think it's a more natural fit than the Big 10. I also think Clemson and FSU fit better in the SEC than Big 10. The SEC can lock up most of Florida and the entire South Carolina market by adding them two.

I think 2 of FSU, Clemson, or UNC go to the SEC. I'd be shocked if all three ended up in the BIG.

I think it's a more natural fit than the Big 10. I also think Clemson and FSU fit better in the SEC than Big 10. The SEC can lock up most of Florida and the entire South Carolina market by adding them two.

I think 2 of FSU, Clemson, or UNC go to the SEC. I'd be shocked if all three ended up in the BIG.
FSU and Clemson to SEC makes sense. UNC, 🤷🏾‍♂️
I hope we've got stuff going on behind the scenes, so we don't remain on tobacco road if it's not a power conference

Guess all related so posting here

0% chance it becomes law, at least in this session of Congress. Even with the Chairwoman of Education and Workforce backing it, pretty much ensuring it gets out of committee at some point, it’s not high on the legislative priority list. Also, even if it gets a floor vote in the House and passes, the Senate won’t take it up. They’re not gonna waste floor time on it, especially when the majority may flip in a few months. It says they’ll try to attach it as a rider (probably on an appropriations/“must pass” bill e.g, the CR they’ll need to pass in September), but the Senate would just strip it out imho.

Either way, won’t become law.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back